Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

What is Pika doing? [informative]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Disclaimer- this is not a roast thread, I am here to point out some problems.

A Letter To PIka-Network

What is Pika actually doing?
Recently, pika suddenly appears a lot of Bad things.
1. The AC (Anti-Cheat) problems
2. Hacker problem
3. complicated way to report
4. In player perspective, staff never online (ingame)
5. Less forum member, at the same time, more haters/ toxic member on forum
6. I don't like to say that, but Pika is heading to a dead end

What are you talking about? explain?

1) Just simply talk about AC problem, it caused a lots of problem, i am just gonna list three of them.
1. Band hacker just a short period of time. (https://prnt.sc/u4i23r) hacker may come back like a hour later and continue to hack.
2. Tons of lagback/ rubberband/ random tp in to void etc...
3. Banning/ kicking some innocent player who is not hacking.

2) Hacker problem. You may say that because this is a crack server so there will be more people to hack on the server. Well i would say that it is a reason for the hacker problem, but there has a lot of ways to lower it. /report would be a good fit for it, although there are a lots of cons about this (only open for leaderboard player will be good)

3) Complicated way to report. Well there are a lots of player don't want or can't report hacker becuz of the way to report. I know banning a player need evidence, this is the best way to ban a hacker, but there should have more easy and faster way to do that. ( i don't have an example in my mind, forgive me)

4) staff never online. I know that staff should have the permission to vanish so that player can't see you, i know that you guys has done a lots of things at the back, but because player never see you in tab or ingame, in their thought is just "STafF nEveR oNlinE". Playing with players, communicate more with them will be a good way to lower the thought.

5) Forum member. There used to have a lots of quality forum member, some are staff now, and some left which means that there are some ways to improve and input more forum member. For example, advertise forum ingame more usual, give small prize for active forum member.

6) The one that i don't want to talk about. Pika is going to a dead end. Why would i say that? i know that server is doing some huge project on some rework gamemode/ AC. I loved the reset and the AC, but what has it brought? player think that "oh, whenever pika needs to have a new thing, we need to wait for like 4 month to a year" and slowly, player will loose interest in the server. What the server should do is to improve the AC as soon and as great as possible, at the mean time, the server should host more event (not karaoke), let the player-base felt that the staff is willing to bringing them more joy, and to expect the next event. When hosting a event, there should have more announcement about that, not just the discord announcement as there has a lot of normal player didn't join discord.

Last but not least, there are some player know that the staff team really hoping and willing to help with the player-base. However, there are a lots of people don't know what the staff team is doing as they never see staff online, and never communicate with them, they just think that staff has a much higher prestige than them, and the relationship between player-base and staff team will be more further (this is not a romance novel), staff should have more communication between all the player-base, not to just talk/ help with someone who they are familiar with. (Read more help&support, bug report, suggestion with reply no matter you just say +1/-1)

If the server wants to become better, more communication between staff and player-based is so important, then player will think that this server's staff cares about their player. I am not roasting the current situation of Pika-network, but tbh, recent situation is really bad and slowly going down... the situation may not be that serious, may be i am just too dark?? but however, I am hoping that in the future pika network will become a greater server! Hope my information is good for no matter staff or normal player.

Best wishes,
EA

Last edited:
OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
I am willing to hear different perspective from you guys, hope you may comment below, express what pikanetwork should do or your thought toward pikanetwork!

uCyber

Pika Member
+1
Useful forum thread, Would love to see some of these fixed.

ir_n

The Pika
+1 all points are valid, if admin staff see this- please do something to change this because pika was good, now it is slowly dying due to the reasons mentioned above.

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
+1 all points are valid, if admin staff see this- please do something to change this because pika was good, now it is slowly dying due to the reasons mentioned above.
i have think a lot vefore writing this, i scared that after i wrote this, staff may think that i am just roasting the server, so i used up all my brain cells to make this thread. Really hoping for a improvement in the future..

MouraThat

Veteran
I'll try and respond to a few of these

1)I don't really have much knowledge about anti cheat all I know is that there is an intention to keep improving and adding to it but obviously that takes time..
2&3) As you have said Hackers are always on cracked servers its so impossible to stop them. If we added /report you know the sort of chaos there would be and its just not sustainable. Hopefully we can find a solution to this but even in your words you don't know (Neither do I)
4) Most of the time if it says there's no staff online , staff just aren't online. The staff team is rather small (I think 25 now) and we can't all be there at once and we still have lives to lead. Hopefully many more people will join the team to make more staff , but as you know many people's applications aren't the best. Also I feel like staff/players communicate quite well check discord. Its just sometimes and I've seen this from a player/staff perspective players just spam staff or ask for free stuff , so it makes it very difficult to communicate with players on occasion.
5) +1 , 100% , I'd like to see a forums re-vamp. The forums isn't as big and exciting as it use to be. We don't have as many members and also I just think it needs some new things.
6)I think there can be some things done to improve. In my personal opinion I'd like to see
- More Ingame events
- Maybe more frequent updates/ new gamemodes

But as you know these things take a lot of time and preparation and therefore its difficult to do all of this.

Anyway that's just my opinion on the situation , i don't think its too bad but yes there's some work to be done for sure :)

Disaalt

The Pika
Time to respond!

Hey 0208, nice thread, and I see that you have taken your time too.
1. AC Problems -
a. You should know that the anticheat does false ban, so if it perm bans the hacker immediately then there will be more false bans?
b. Lagback? That doesn't happen to me at least. Lagback only applies to the people using scaffold and fly (what I think)
c. Yes but only in practice, the minigames players (who are legit) shouldn't be falsely banned. They probably tweaked the anticheat in the practice server wrongly.

2. Report Problem
(This quote from my thread "Anticheat Reports")
"I really think this is a great way of combining a way of players to report users without it just being a plain warning to staff members, which is the reason there is no /report command anymore anyways. " - JustThiemo

3. Do you mean a /report command?

4. Well they are. Here are some staff (and their preferred gamemode) after stalking them in my helper period:
MrFrenco - Every (Ive only seen him in OpFactions before)
Izha - SkyBlock, OpPrison
CPT - I dont know he is like vanished every time
Fawfgaw - Minigames and skyblock (I think)
HyperRSmash - Survival
MmEXTREME - Minigames
0Mad0Max0 - Factions, Survival, Skyblock and Creative
StoPizza - Skyblock
CaptainGeoGR - Every
xINoLimit - Creative
FailedHacker - didnt stalk him long enough
live2002 - Prison
giogio_777 - Every
ChickenDinnr - Prison
iiMankToxic - Creative
Krxken - Every..?? idk
Chartoise - Minigames
MouraThat - Prison and Survival
TryHardMarktin - Prison, Creative
TeKkaTi - Every
Toby - Every
Thijme - Every
momo - Practice, Minigames, Prison
Krekkers - Practice, Prison
Marco - I dont know
tlang - wait he is a staff?
Anyway, you will find out that you wont see higher up staff normally (Ive only seen MrFrenco online 2 times my entire life) and the trials are more active! :)

5. Which members? How come I dont know them?

6. Nope, I dont think it will die. I only sense a huge drop in players. I mean, the AC is, getting worked on DAILY (Because Thiemo is voodoo's slave I suppose) and I dont think coding an anticheat is easy. Anyway, the anticheat might get updated and you guys just wouldn't know it?

I am not defending the PikaNetwork server. I am just saying that they should get more staff (and a new developer, like in jartex ive heard there was 4 developers before). I also wish them a good future.

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
I'll try and respond to a few of these

1)I don't really have much knowledge about anti cheat all I know is that there is an intention to keep improving and adding to it but obviously that takes time..
2&3) As you have said Hackers are always on cracked servers its so impossible to stop them. If we added /report you know the sort of chaos there would be and its just not sustainable. Hopefully we can find a solution to this but even in your words you don't know (Neither do I)
4) Most of the time if it says there's no staff online , staff just aren't online. The staff team is rather small (I think 25 now) and we can't all be there at once and we still have lives to lead. Hopefully many more people will join the team to make more staff , but as you know many people's applications aren't the best. Also I feel like staff/players communicate quite well check discord. Its just sometimes and I've seen this from a player/staff perspective players just spam staff or ask for free stuff , so it makes it very difficult to communicate with players on occasion.
5) +1 , 100% , I'd like to see a forums re-vamp. The forums isn't as big and exciting as it use to be. We don't have as many members and also I just think it needs some new things.
6)I think there can be some things done to improve. In my personal opinion I'd like to see
- More Ingame events
- Maybe more frequent updates/ new gamemodes

But as you know these things take a lot of time and preparation and therefore its difficult to do all of this.

Anyway that's just my opinion on the situation , i don't think its too bad but yes there's some work to be done for sure :)
appreciate your reply, but what i mean the relationship between staff and player mainly ingame. Discord/ forum don't has that much player on, which = the situation i said, some player know staff is doing things, but some don't know what staff team is bcuz staff's online is rather short, or they just won't talk or communicate, which brings may be some further relationship between staff and player-base

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Time to respond!

1. AC Problems -
a. You should know that the anticheat does false ban, so if it perm bans the hacker immediately then there will be more false bans?
b. Lagback? That doesn't happen to me at least. Lagback only applies to the people using scaffold and fly (what I think)
c. Yes but only in practice, the minigames players (who are legit) shouldn't be falsely banned. They probably tweaked the anticheat in the practice server wrongly.

2. Report Problem
"I really think this is a great way of combining a way of players to report users without it just being a plain warning to staff members, which is the reason there is no /report command anymore anyways. " - JustThiemo

4. Well they are. Here are some staff (and their preferred gamemode) after stalking them in my helper period:
HyperRSmash - Survival
MmEXTREME - Minigames
StoPizza - Skyblock
CaptainGeoGR - Every
xINoLimit - Creative
live2002 - Prison
giogio_777 - Every
ChickenDinnr - Prison
iiMankToxic - Creative
Krxken - Every..?? idk
Chartoise - Minigames
TeKkaTi - Every
Toby - Every
Thijme - Every
Marco - I dont know
Anyway, you will find out that you wont see higher up staff normally (Ive only seen MrFrenco online 2 times my entire life) and the trials are more active! :)

6. Nope, I dont think it will die. I only sense a huge drop in players. I mean, the AC is, getting worked on DAILY (Because Thiemo is voodoo's slave I suppose) and I dont think coding an anticheat is easy. Anyway, the anticheat might get updated and you guys just wouldn't know it?

I am not defending the PikaNetwork server. I am just saying that they should get more staff (and a new developer, like in jartex ive heard there was 4 developers before). I also wish them a good future.
one more quality reply, appreciate it. Well i think i have nothing to reply for this, the only point i wanna say is that whenever they make an update, they should make an announcement, no matter the update is small or big, they need to announce it to let player feeling the dev/ owners is care about their server. btw totally aggre they are slaves at this point. sigh such a hard work dev, why the player-base is dying now smh

Outscale

Banned
+1

Feels bad that a lot of good staffs left the staff team recently. I'm pretty sure its cause Owners take a week to answer back on important stuff and staff realised if Owners of the server don't care about it and if they are just using it as a way to test things for their other server and get some money in
the process then why should staff care about the server and tryhard to make it better without getting paid. I know that it would be impossible for Owners to pay every single staff real money for their services , but im pretty sure that if they prove that they care , if they changed the anticheat , reset gamemodes more frequently that staff would enjoy monitoring the server and punishing the rule breakers.

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
+1

Feels bad that a lot of good staffs left the staff team recently. I'm pretty sure its cause Owners take a week to answer back on important stuff and staff realised if Owners of the server don't care about it and if they are just using it as a way to test things for their other server and get some money in
the process then why should staff care about the server and tryhard to make it better without getting paid. I know that it would be impossible for Owners to pay every single staff real money for their services , but im pretty sure that if they prove that they care , if they changed the anticheat , reset gamemodes more frequently that staff would enjoy monitoring the server and punishing the rule breakers.
i am not sure about the reason, as i am not a staff, and no one told me this, may be a reason?

GK_737

Epic Pika
/QUOTE]
How about some invisible bot who can spec every gamemode and record a player who is being reported

ShaneezOnFire

Legendary Pika
Time to respond!

1. AC Problems -

2. Report Problem

HyperRSmash - Survival
MmEXTREME - Minigames
StoPizza - Skyblock
CaptainGeoGR - Every
xINoLimit - Creative
live2002 - Prison
giogio_777 - Every
ChickenDinnr - Prison
iiMankToxic - Creative
Krxken - Every..?? idk
Chartoise - Minigames
TeKkaTi - Every
Toby - Every
Thijme - Every
Marco - I dont know

what abt zxga

Status
Not open for further replies.