Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

[Guide] How to win Solo BedWars!

Do you think this thread is useful?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Arrly

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello @Nirahz,

Thank you for taking your time to review the guide. In the following post, I will be explaining to you why your points are not valid.

First of all, let me explain what "average" means since it does not seem like you understand that: average, mean, median, norm, mean - something that represents a middle point. If you consider that Zxga is one of the best BedWars players on Pika (which he undoubtedly is), then your argument of him being "barely average", because he has 35 FKDR, is completely invalid as he's far better than average.

About "3 beds being less than average", let me explain how that mathematically is not true.
The lowest number above 3 is 4, so let's say that, according to you, the average is to take 4 beds a game. That means every single one of 8 players in a game would have to take 4 beds, resulting in 32 broken beds in 1 game, which is simply not possible since there are 8 beds in total. The average amount of beds broken per game has to be 1 (or, way more likely, below 1) for it to be mathematically correct.

Covering your bed with wool is smart as it takes you only a few seconds and 8 blocks to do, while it might save your bed in some situations. I, personally, don't see a reason why wouldn't you do that unless you're trying to 32 rush someone, which is not the smartest thing to do because someone can build up and you wouldn't have enough blocks to defend yourself, resulting in you dying and your bed being broken.

There is no reason you would be beaten by "a guy shift and flat bridging" if you are using this guide. The guide is designed to help everyone achieve a safe victory, and it works most of the time. Also, buying a wooden pickaxe if someone has end stone is more cost-efficient if that's your first rush as you are probably going to need that pickaxe later for some other bed defense. A good thing about buying a wooden pickaxe is that you will keep it after you die, unlike TNT which is a one-time use item. When you finish your second rush, you should be able to buy iron armor as you will have enough gold for it. There's no need to wait longer most of the time. Haste is good against obsidian users as it can help you break obsidian when you kill them before they can respawn (if you have Haste 2 and a diamond pickaxe). Many players don't have good enough reaction time/ping to pearl clutch, so using pearls offensively is a pretty nice strategy most of the time.

Playing aggressively by trying to surprise someone all the time, by not having a bed defense, etc, are all risky moves that are not what you should do most of the time. You should aim for a safe victory, and that's what this guide is for. Protection 1 iron armor is very weak if you don't have a bed. You are taking a huge risk if you don't upgrade it. About the TNT rushing, while it is true that many players won't defend against it, some experienced ones would (to name a few: Zxga, Patolunix, MrPropagandalf, Honey1X, _Shadow_Gamer...), and that's what my comment was directed towards. I would always recommend TNT rushing if possible, but sometimes it simply doesn't work. A wooden axe is a terrible tool on Pika as it does not have efficiency so it barely helps you in anything. You would be better off destroying wood with your bare hands or with TNT.

I am pretty sure @Zxga, @Piko72, and anyone else who actively plays Pika will agree with me on these points. I understand that you are not actively playing here, but then do not go around and commend on things like this is a different server's forum, because it's not. Thank you and have a nice day.

Piko

Banned
Hello @Nirahz,

Thank you for taking your time to review the guide. In the following post, I will be explaining to you why your points are not valid.

First of all, let me explain what "average" means since it does not seem like you understand that: average, mean, median, norm, mean - something that represents a middle point. If you consider that Zxga is one of the best BedWars players on Pika (which he undoubtedly is), then your argument of him being "barely average", because he has 35 FKDR, is completely invalid as he's far better than average.

About "3 beds being less than average", let me explain how that mathematically is not true.
The lowest number above 3 is 4, so let's say that, according to you, the average is to take 4 beds a game. That means every single one of 8 players in a game would have to take 4 beds, resulting in 32 broken beds in 1 game, which is simply not possible since there are 8 beds in total. The average amount of beds broken per game has to be 1 (or, way more likely, below 1) for it to be mathematically correct.

Covering your bed with wool is smart as it takes you only a few seconds and 8 blocks to do, while it might save your bed in some situations. I, personally, don't see a reason why wouldn't you do that unless you're trying to 32 rush someone, which is not the smartest thing to do because someone can build up and you wouldn't have enough blocks to defend yourself, resulting in you dying and your bed being broken.

There is no reason you would be beaten by "a guy shift and flat bridging" if you are using this guide. The guide is designed to help everyone achieve a safe victory, and it works most of the time. Also, buying a wooden pickaxe if someone has end stone is more cost-efficient if that's your first rush as you are probably going to need that pickaxe later for some other bed defense. A good thing about buying a wooden pickaxe is that you will keep it after you die, unlike TNT which is a one-time use item. When you finish your second rush, you should be able to buy iron armor as you will have enough gold for it. There's no need to wait longer most of the time. Haste is good against obsidian users as it can help you break obsidian when you kill them before they can respawn (if you have Haste 2 and a diamond pickaxe). Many players don't have good enough reaction time/ping to pearl clutch, so using pearls offensively is a pretty nice strategy most of the time.

Playing aggressively by trying to surprise someone all the time, by not having a bed defense, etc, are all risky moves that are not what you should do most of the time. You should aim for a safe victory, and that's what this guide is for. Protection 1 iron armor is very weak if you don't have a bed. You are taking a huge risk if you don't upgrade it. About the TNT rushing, while it is true that many players won't defend against it, some experienced ones would (to name a few: Zxga, Patolunix, MrPropagandalf, Honey1X, _Shadow_Gamer...), and that's what my comment was directed towards. I would always recommend TNT rushing if possible, but sometimes it simply doesn't work. A wooden axe is a terrible tool on Pika as it does not have efficiency so it barely helps you in anything. You would be better off destroying wood with your bare hands or with TNT.

I am pretty sure @Zxga, @Piko72, and anyone else who actively plays Pika will agree with me on these points. I understand that you are not actively playing here, but then do not go around and commend on things like this is a different server's forum, because it's not. Thank you and have a nice day.
Wow, That's long
How long did it take you to type that?
I'll tell you what I think when I read it

OP
OP
Arrly

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Wow, That's long
How long did it take you to type that?
I'll tell you what I think when I read it
It took me around 30 minutes to read all of his replies and to write a response to them. :)

Piko

Banned
Alright, here's what I think
So...
I can agree with everything other than the 32 rush strategy,
If you rush with 32 blocks you are fast and ninja bridging 32 blocks should take around 10-15 seconds
So, you want to say you rush with 16 iron gathered to take 8 iron it takes around 10 seconds I think so by the time you take 8 iron and buy blocks your opponent is still waiting to get more blocks and by the time you are at his base your opponent would just then start defending you, so the only way your opponent can defend your attack is by killing you and the way you can break your opponent's bed is by killing him BUT then if you lose you have a FULL generator which is 32 iron and 6 gold, With that you can buy blocks, a stone sword and 2 gapples which will put you in a MUCH better position than your opponent and you have time to buy that because your opponent has to heal and go to your base, and even if you DIE again you and your opponent will still be in the same position and after that all you have to do is beat your opponent in the next 1v1 and you won that rush...

Zxga

Great Reporter
Hello kind sir @Nirahz .
First and first you should read this thread: https://pika-network.net/threads/how-to-get-good.122167/ .
Next you should taste some ranked bedwars, but the real one.
Next you should see what strategies and smart plays actually look like and how easier it is to win with them.
Next you should get ur fkdr above 5 on the server I won't say a name.
When you meet all these requirements, talk to me, without all of these, you aren't one to decide what good strategies and good plays are.
You probably saw some Gqtor's or Jessica's videos and think you're a god.
Unfortunately it's not how it works.
Talk to me when you meet all thse requirements.

Nirahz

Pika Lover
Hello @Lt_Hammerman,

Thank you for taking the time to review my response. In the following post, I will explain to you why your points are invalid.

Considering we are talking about Pika, where the skill level of some of your best players isn't exactly what you'd call good, the fact that your "best player" has a 35fkdr should be a given. If it was anything less it would be laughable. I've talked to one of my friends who has fought "Zxga", and they say he's about equal to our server's LION4_. They've also been playing a bit on Pika and concluded LION4_ is basically the best BedWars player on your server. I wouldn't be able to tell you whether or not this is true, as I don't play your server. But if it is true, this Zxga guy is very underwhelming lol. Like I said, a 35fkdr isn't exactly something to be proud of on your server.

Covering your bed with wool the second you get 4 iron is not a good strategy. You lose a bunch of time, for no reason really. You'll lose your bed regardless of whether there is or isn't wool, no wool just makes it faster. If you want to stay alive before you do your first rush, rush as quick as possible. Do it with as little blocks as possible and as much speed as possible. If you don't, you lose.

The reason I made my comment about the flatbridging thing was because if you're waiting for 16 iron to do something, the chances of someone being ar your base before you start bridging are extremely high, even if the person holds shift while flatbridging. If you do the smart thing and don't wait for 20 iron before starting your rush, noone will have endstone unless they manage to kill you the first time you come over (which no person who camps their generator for endstone should be able to do if you understand anything about bedwars). From what I can tell you love blocks so I have no clue why you'd prefer a pick over TNT. You'll be able to get TNT and blocks once you respawn for the first time, whereas if you buy a pick, there isn't much more you can do. Plus, picks are less effective as you're very vulnerable. I usually get tools when I finish my first rush, not when I start it. Iron armour: When you finish your second rush, sure. But you said first, so I'm going off of that. Haste doesn't make a difference. You can kill someone and break obby before they respawn without haste too. Traps are better than haste. Using pearls offensively doesn't work out very often, so if you're not comfortable pearl clutching I advise just buying pots since it's basically a free bed without many risks.

If you know what you're doing, which I do, playing aggressively is what you should do. Start camping only when you're in need of recourses to break a bed or when you don't have a bed yourself. You said it yourself, offense is the best defense. BedWars is meant to be fun, aiming for a safe victory is the exact opposite of that. No risk, no fun. I agree that you shouldn't be walking around in P1 iron when your bed is broken, but in most other situations it'll do you just fine (with slme exceptions, of course). I'm curious to hear how your people defend against TNT. I was not aware that the wooden axe doesn't have efficiency on Pika, sorry about that, but that doesn't mean I'll retract my statements. For a very long time wooden axes didn't have efficiency on Jartex either, but I've learned they can be the difference between getting a bed and not getting one. They're useful to have on you at all times, especially if your "best player" uses wood. (side note: wait Pato plays here? lol)

Thanks for your response but I do not find it useful in any way, as my mind has not been changed. Sure, the things I said about BedWars needing to be about fun may not apply here, since this is a guide specifically on winning BedWars, but even with that in mind some points you make I just can't seem to understand.

Nirahz

Pika Lover
Alright, here's what I think
So...
I can agree with everything other than the 32 rush strategy,
If you rush with 32 blocks you are fast and ninja bridging 32 blocks should take around 10-15 seconds
So, you want to say you rush with 16 iron gathered to take 8 iron it takes around 10 seconds I think so by the time you take 8 iron and buy blocks your opponent is still waiting to get more blocks and by the time you are at his base your opponent would just then start defending you, so the only way your opponent can defend your attack is by killing you and the way you can break your opponent's bed is by killing him BUT then if you lose you have a FULL generator which is 32 iron and 6 gold, With that you can buy blocks, a stone sword and 2 gapples which will put you in a MUCH better position than your opponent and you have time to buy that because your opponent has to heal and go to your base, and even if you DIE again you and your opponent will still be in the same position and after that all you have to do is beat your opponent in the next 1v1 and you won that rush...
getting an epilepsy attack from reading this

Nirahz

Pika Lover
Next you should taste some ranked bedwars, but the real one.
Idk about your server, but if it's anything like mine the ranked bedwars is completely incompetent. we literally only have 1 alright player.
Next you should see what strategies and smart plays actually look like and how easier it is to win with them.
ah yes, like buying a trap over prot/sharp LOL
Next you should get ur fkdr above 5 on the server I won't say a name.
oh so we bringing up plancke stats? listen if you think im tryharding a server that gives me 300ms you think wrong, get your fkdr above 35 on this baby server and then talk.
You probably saw some Gqtor's or Jessica's videos and think you're a god
actually, no, but even if that were the case that's far better than beating up pika players and thinking you're a god. i've got a friend who fought you, who claims you're no better than an average guy on your server. speak to me when you get skilled.

Zxga

Great Reporter
Hello @Lt_Hammerman,

Thank you for taking the time to review my response. In the following post, I will explain to you why your points are invalid.

Considering we are talking about Pika, where the skill level of some of your best players isn't exactly what you'd call good, the fact that your "best player" has a 35fkdr should be a given. If it was anything less it would be laughable. I've talked to one of my friends who has fought "Zxga", and they say he's about equal to our server's LION4_. They've also been playing a bit on Pika and concluded LION4_ is basically the best BedWars player on your server. I wouldn't be able to tell you whether or not this is true, as I don't play your server. But if it is true, this Zxga guy is very underwhelming lol. Like I said, a 35fkdr isn't exactly something to be proud of on your server.

Covering your bed with wool the second you get 4 iron is not a good strategy. You lose a bunch of time, for no reason really. You'll lose your bed regardless of whether there is or isn't wool, no wool just makes it faster. If you want to stay alive before you do your first rush, rush as quick as possible. Do it with as little blocks as possible and as much speed as possible. If you don't, you lose.

The reason I made my comment about the flatbridging thing was because if you're waiting for 16 iron to do something, the chances of someone being ar your base before you start bridging are extremely high, even if the person holds shift while flatbridging. If you do the smart thing and don't wait for 20 iron before starting your rush, noone will have endstone unless they manage to kill you the first time you come over (which no person who camps their generator for endstone should be able to do if you understand anything about bedwars). From what I can tell you love blocks so I have no clue why you'd prefer a pick over TNT. You'll be able to get TNT and blocks once you respawn for the first time, whereas if you buy a pick, there isn't much more you can do. Plus, picks are less effective as you're very vulnerable. I usually get tools when I finish my first rush, not when I start it. Iron armour: When you finish your second rush, sure. But you said first, so I'm going off of that. Haste doesn't make a difference. You can kill someone and break obby before they respawn without haste too. Traps are better than haste. Using pearls offensively doesn't work out very often, so if you're not comfortable pearl clutching I advise just buying pots since it's basically a free bed without many risks.

If you know what you're doing, which I do, playing aggressively is what you should do. Start camping only when you're in need of recourses to break a bed or when you don't have a bed yourself. You said it yourself, offense is the best defense. BedWars is meant to be fun, aiming for a safe victory is the exact opposite of that. No risk, no fun. I agree that you shouldn't be walking around in P1 iron when your bed is broken, but in most other situations it'll do you just fine (with slme exceptions, of course). I'm curious to hear how your people defend against TNT. I was not aware that the wooden axe doesn't have efficiency on Pika, sorry about that, but that doesn't mean I'll retract my statements. For a very long time wooden axes didn't have efficiency on Jartex either, but I've learned they can be the difference between getting a bed and not getting one. They're useful to have on you at all times, especially if your "best player" uses wood. (side note: wait Pato plays here? lol)

Thanks for your response but I do not find it useful in any way, as my mind has not been changed. Sure, the things I said about BedWars needing to be about fun may not apply here, since this is a guide specifically on winning BedWars, but even with that in mind some points you make I just can't seem to understand.
As I said, I don't think you're the one to decide who is good and who isn't / what is good and what isn't.
Everyone has their style of playing and their playstyle and game sense.
It is like compaing Jessica speedrunning and Vixon or Purpled playing solo with their playstyle aka safe.
And no I don't think you could know if you've fought me since I'm always nicked.
Have a Great day and next time read your message twice before posting it.

Nirahz

Pika Lover
As I said, I don't think you're the one to decide who is good and who isn't / what is good and what isn't.
pretty sure i got far more knowledge than this guy, and you too apparantly. pro tip from pro guy nirahz : don't fucking buy a trap over sharpness
Everyone has their style of playing and their playstyle and game sense.
that has nothing to do with this, this is supposed to be a guide on how to get better and should offer tips that apply to anyone
And no I don't think you could know if you've fought me since I'm always nicked.
I haven't, my friend has
Have a Great day and next time read your message twice before posting it.
same applies to you lol, i've thought about my message and don't feel the need to take anything back

Zxga

Great Reporter
Idk about your server, but if it's anything like mine the ranked bedwars is completely incompetent. we literally only have 1 alright player.

ah yes, like buying a trap over prot/sharp LOL

oh so we bringing up plancke stats? listen if you think im tryharding a server that gives me 300ms you think wrong, get your fkdr above 35 on this baby server and then talk.

actually, no, but even if that were the case that's far better than beating up pika players and thinking you're a god. i've got a friend who fought you, who claims you're no better than an average guy on your server. speak to me when you get skilled.
I'd never buy prot over sharpness.
I was not talking about Pika ranked bedwars.
And actually it's not even hard to get 200fkdr with a fresh new alt account so I said at least 5fkdr with like 200+ star account.
I am getting 130ms on that server and still able to win a lot, well other Australians and Asians are able to win on that server easily so ping is only an excuse.
And no I've never said I'm a God and also your friend has like nickadmin bypass since I'm never playing unnicked, right?

Nirahz

Pika Lover
I'd never buy prot over sharpness.
actually no, but you were talking about buying a trap over prot/sharp
I was not talking about Pika ranked bedwars.
ok then what lmao
And actually it's not even hard to get 200fkdr with a fresh new alt account so I said at least 5fkdr with like 200+ star account.
i'm not wasting my time on a server that doesn't function for me. too laggy, can't do anything.

Zxga

Great Reporter
actually no, but you were talking about buying a trap over prot/sharp

ok then what lmao

i'm not wasting my time on a server that doesn't function for me. too laggy, can't do anything.
Alright, let's make something clear, I'd never pick prot / trap over sharpness, I just said somebody that wants to play safe and that is not that good at pvp SHOULD. Since protection is more important to them.
It's up to you what server will you play, but if u wanna flex on me with ur skills & being co*ky over here ping shouldn't be a valid excuse just because you're used to play on like what? 100ms?