Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

I just caught a hacker in op factions server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BeastModeProject

BeastModeProject

He swings every mob come to him and his 50% health cuz of hunger and using bow instead of sword maybe his sword broke.

SpenceC

Pika Member
Thanks for the report mate, I know him and I will tell Bear, dutch and other staff about this to IP ban him, gamebot is an alt of someone in his fac, I saw him talking about it yesterday. Also welcome to the forums mate :). Keep up with them hacker reports and be one with the hack buster comunity.

Andrew

Pika Member
hm. so you guys gona ip-ban him.
so he is going to reset his connection, get a new ip, register a new name,
and..
continue to hack just like now.

ain't that cute.

you guys need to think of other methoods, ip ban and name ban is really not doing anything.
anything at all.

DJRedNight

Epic Pika
hm. so you guys gona ip-ban him.
so he is going to reset his connection, get a new ip, register a new name,
and..
continue to hack just like now.

ain't that cute.

you guys need to think of other methoods, ip ban and name ban is really not doing anything.
anything at all.

What would you like them to do? A MAC Address ban on someone? lol Would you like to be the one using a packet sniffer and breaking about 30 federal laws on top of it? IP Ban + Name ban is about an admin can do.

Andrew

Pika Member
you have a verry interesting sense of humor for sure :D
MAC addres can be changed just as easy as IP addres.

https://technitium.com/tmac/

if YA had any doubts , that is.
so we would like to get rid of hackers and cheaters, right?
99% of them are simple kids who can not hack anything, can't even code.
but can use pre-made tools.
customize a bit a vanilla client, and add a custom version number to it.
and do force the server to send out a texture pack to use.
the customization should be nothing more than a file integrity check, to make sure no additional plugins are installed.

this will in no way stop anyone who can code at least a bit, but usually who can does not wants to cheat.
pre-modded cheat clients will not be usable at all,
and modding the client will allso be harder.

allso the idiotic transparent texture maps for x-ray cheaters will not be accessible as easy as now,
since the server would force a given texture pack to use.

it woul take more effort to distribute a username-tied pre-compiled binary client, i suppose you guys don't want to put that mutch effort in it. even if that was the best methood.

so to summarise, all you can do now, even if you would get the MAC addres, is to ban a username, not a user.
its not a punishment, you just make them change the name, and nothing else.

allso as a side note.. you need no packet sniffer to get the MAC addres at all.
takes a few lines but if you take the effort to force a custom version of the client to be used,
the client it can poll the MAC addres without any issues.

Draegoner

Veteran
All i see is two screenshots where the guys drawing back a bow. Its not evidence of hacking. It looks like any other player training their archery mcmmo. Recording would be better evidence.

ambinspire

Just like andrew said about the mac address and Ip address it can be easily changed.. you guys remember Abort hes been here the entire time LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, and none of you never even had a clue.

Destruct

Rare Pika
This is not valid evidence to give the player the proper punishment. Please make a video and make a thread in the report a player section.

Status
Not open for further replies.