Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Deciding upon the Fate of Survival and the entire Server as a whole.

Should Pika-Network have a BIG update that could spark a new era of fun and excitment?

• Total voters

Cee_Jhay

Pika Lover
Notice 1: This here is an opinion on what I have gathered over the past few months of playing Survival again in Pika-Network.
Any commentaries are welcomed in this thread, as long as it sticks to the actual situation of what we are facing right now.

Notice 2: We know the Staff are doing whatever it takes to maintain Pika itself, do not take this as something very important, just take the time to read this thread through the eyes of a concerned player, those that want Survival to prosper again, and me representing all those things. (Think as a Lawyer who speaks for others now.)
-=========================================================================-
As you may all have know, the bulk of Pika-Network's Original Players(Or OG as other people call it) have slowly left Pika, and not just the server itself, but Minecraft as a whole, over the past few months after returning (from a long tiring work that we will devoid of giving more information on what it is, truth be told, we don't like to talk about it.) Survival is one of those Pika-Network Servers that seems to be dying much as it already seems, and over the time of observing it, the player counts don't even reach a stable 15+ or above anymore, it's always below that count most of the time. (Sometimes it goes up to 15, but below 20, often.) Some of the Pika-Network Servers seem to be facing the current issue as well, but let's focus on Survival itself as a whole first, it's dying, yes we can all agree to that at one point, but think of all the new players that come in,(excluding the ones that come from other Servers just to trade, right now we count 189 people from Factions alone just to trade and if they're new in Survival and they came from Survival their vote counts lag up the place.)and then there's the situation with the lag issues, sometimes there are sudden lag spikes that lag everyone at the same time, I know I'm no bright person when it comes to business-related issues, but could we at least enjoy a server that has low lag effects on gameplay? Mostly of the populace complaints are all lag related, and one more thing, curious as it may seems, why are the buyable Survival Ranks removed? I see some possible donators come in sometimes and ask me(Or any other Donator) how we got our ranks and we answer them the right way, which they question if we bought them, then how is it that the ranks are not buyable anymore.

I came here now to do multiple things in one post. Survival Fate Vote-off, Reduce Lag-related Issues on Pika itself, and Improve the Rank System of Survival itself.

Reduce Lag-related Issues are already self-explanatory, let's proceed to the other 2 now.

Let's start with Improving the Rank System of Survival, when I first joined, there were only 4 Buyable Ranks, Samurai, Ninja, Paladin/Warlock, and Alchemist (We forgot the old names of the ranks, forgive our rusty memories) then overtime a couple years later, two more Ranks were added, Wizard and Noble, these 6 Ranks have become a community favorite as I viewed on the Survival Server itself during my stay, but as for those who couldn't afford to buy the actual ranks, could they be given some in-game buyable ranks? (Like the ones in the other servers) This way, it could draw in more players to Survival. (Most players ask the same common question of "How to rankup?" which is what brought me to this)

More Players = High Chance of getting Players who can donate = More Funds for the Server = Improved Systems for the Server itself = More Players again. (It's a looping rinse and repeat, you get the idea of how the flow works.)

I have suggestions for Player in-game buyable Ranks (Which we'll re-edit later since we aren't done on balancing them yet) And yes, let's not forget the balancing of Survival, having the common perks of the ranks like /fly, /fix, /feed, and /ec are alright, (Even /rename and /nick are good to keep as well) some commands should be nerfed as well and kits should be tweaked a bit, same goes to the proposed-in-game buyable ranks too.

Next let's talk about the Survival Fate Vote-Off, I will plop down a Poll for People to vote on, think about it, Survival is one of the oldest Pika Servers right after Factions(Since it's the 1st game mode Pika started with as stated by KingCobra himself) and with the upcoming 1.13 Aquatic Update, and people saying that it will be the best update Minecraft has ever gotten ever since the "World of Colors" Update, the next reset should have Survival under the 1.13 effect or better, have Pika-Network itself as a whole as 1.13 so everyone can enjoy the game as one. (No more adjust to the outdated client users.) Mostly everyone can play 1.12.2 already so why not do the entire Server as a favor and do ourselves a BIG UPDATE too like what 1.13 will be? (Hope that 1.13 doesn't become a No Man's Sky too)

There is a Poll after this Post, think of the possibilities we could accomplish in this we call a "Crusade" for Pika-Network, I will leave the rest of your opinions to you, oh Players of Pika-Network to say what is in your mind, voting is for the public and you can change your mind(And vote) anytime you want, but let's all be clean and truthful of our opinions.
(Btw, please be serious about your voting on the poll, getting the exact number of people to be concerned for Pika and Minecraft itself should be treated as a well respected game, and not anymore a Toxic Game, if we want to turn Minecraft into the famous game it was once before then let's start here, start now.)
-=========================================================================-
Leave your opinions under, we can debate on to how my suggestions also have downsides as well, I know I am aware of what downsides my suggestions have, so I am happy to hear your comments regarding the situation we are facing right now.

Regards,
-The Survivalist, Lynmie

RaVo

Legendary Pika
The alchemist rank is new. The old ranks were named : barbarian, knight, paladin(90% sure).
Btw. Giving an opinion would be of little use for most of us, because we got no idea how time consuming and expensive an update would be.

OP
OP
Cee_Jhay

Cee_Jhay

Pika Lover
The alchemist rank is new. The old ranks were named : barbarian, knight, paladin(90% sure).
Btw. Giving an opinion would be of little use for most of us, because we got no idea how time consuming and expensive an update would be.
Thanks for the re-information, will edit the thread itself when I get on to my laptop, on phone right now.
Also even if the opinion is little, it still matters because every opinion we give to something helps it improve a little, think of it like water, now we all know that every drop of water counts, so think of the water as our opinion, it's may seem small, but gives a big effect depending on how it is used for, also opinions may look useless to some, but they give motivation to others as well.

Jestyr

Pika Lover
Unfortunately, survival on Pika is dead... no update is coming.

ak1ca

Pika will newer be the same like in old days, there was 100+ players played in that time, i played 3 years on survival.But now its sad how the pika survival is dead.

xCoolThe

Pika Lover
Who knows? maybe a new update will pop out the corner somewhere, we should all wait, and I love this thread of yours.

Jestyr

Pika Lover
We have waited for literally years now... for some of us... an update would be welcome... but I'd more likely expect a monsoon in the sahara.

OP
OP
Cee_Jhay

Cee_Jhay

Pika Lover
dumba** stop bumping old threads and stop with post farming
Well this isn't really that old of a post, I mean I just watch this post in particular because I wanted to see what other people's ideas and observations were.

ali99

Epic Pika
it is not that survival is dead

the reality is MINECRAFT as a whole is dead

observe all the high-end servers like MinePlex or Hypixel... even those servers have low activity...
the truth is that we all grown up through this... Youngsters nowadays play the "popular" games which Minecraft was for its own era...

in simple words FORTNITE and similar games gained attention and killed minecraft

OP
OP
Cee_Jhay

Cee_Jhay

Pika Lover
it is not that survival is dead

the reality is MINECRAFT as a whole is dead

observe all the high-end servers like MinePlex or Hypixel... even those servers have low activity...
the truth is that we all grown up through this... Youngsters nowadays play the "popular" games which Minecraft was for its own era...

in simple words FORTNITE and similar games gained attention and killed minecraft

Agree on point on that one, Minecraft is dying as a whole, and I tested out 1.13 awhile ago, (Which in fact is actually great for an Update, to be honest) I really would want for the Server to bump up to 1.13 so everyone can start to enjoy playing Minecraft again.

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Considering most of Pika's survival community left to play on other servers, Minecraft's "decline" cannot be blamed for Pika's decline. The fact of the matter is that the game wasn't as fun without all the long-term players trading, sharing, and debating all day long.

What first led to the lost playerbase was that staff paid little attention to the community and gave little weight to the opinions of community leaders. When 1.12 was released, a new server network (darkroses) stole ex-staff and half of the long-term SMP players. The original server was shut down recently, but it's quickly being replaced by another player's new network, with an already larger playerbase.

So long as Pika sticks to its guns, it can't compete.

Jestyr

Pika Lover
I'd ask what the new server is to give it a try... but I suppose that is still ban-able.

OP
OP
Cee_Jhay

Cee_Jhay

Pika Lover
Well let us hope that Pika on the next reset will start anew for 1.13, I'd love to see Pika shine again and make everything lively as before, although not with the same old people we got used to, making it lively and having the server at a stable condition is practically enough.

Still clinging to keep Survival alive as well. Helping others everything I can do before I expire.

OP
OP
Cee_Jhay

Cee_Jhay

Pika Lover
Authors last side notes: It's almost 4 months now (3 Days to be exact) since this Thread was last created, Survival is almost dead, not by the fact that there's more players coming in, but to the fact that it's filling up with Non-English speaking players, and it's also turned into a Trading Hub by other players from other Servers like Skyblock, Factions, etc. just for the sake of trading keys, their lag caused majority of old players quitting survival because of the lag created by new players from other players joining.

As for me, I'm still in Survival, trying to keep order and peace even if there's barely any staff present there, trying to enforce rules even as some of the players there diss me out for "trying to hard" to be like a Staff.

If things don't get clean from chaos, I might as well stop playing and move on with the thought that Survival is un-saveable now.
----------
Note End

Jestyr

Pika Lover
Survival "died" when they a) refused to update it for years on end now, and b) when so many other sub-servers like factions and such sprang up and diluted the player base...that and I think minecraft is fading as a whole.

If they want it to have a chance... wipe it utterly clean... mods and all and install 1.13... don't bother trying to integrate all the old crap that wieghs survival down now... start fresh.