Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Sad sad truth of Pika Network's Survival Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudAP

Veteran
No staff arent cocky
only ever once has staff member given me a rude reply which was long ago . You wont get banned but you shouldnt disrespect staff/ you can have a opinion just not offence.
People say this when they got punished for some reason. :p

Just to add up, now you have seen changes in Survival. Reason? Because someone speaks up. There is a purpose why there is forum, to take suggestions and comments. Like what I said, if there's an issue, bugs or glitches, please do inform us as staff will try fixing it :p

This thread was not locked because it is more informative rather than rant.

Also keep in mind that staff are busy helping out in the server and only small time to actually play. So we don't see much problem as much as you guys do. So please if ever there is a problem, feel free to inform us and we'll see what we can do about it :)

Snorlax13HD

Veteran
We would like to have an economy where it is like the factions server on pika. notice i said LIKE... maybe not the exact same but money in game shouldn't be taken up by ITEMS in game. We should have a currency system where you can type /money and it will display the amount of money that particular character/username has on the server. Every item from dirt to obsidian and more should have a price. I've played on other servers where dirt is $1 and obsidian is $10. We ALL know how this system works, I have no idea why I'm even explaining it.

Well, as you said, we need to add "currency economy" in the server. Survival is a different server. We use emeralds as our currency cuz thats true survival. Why would you use money economy? Its not survival anymore when you use money to the server. For example, Singleplayer survival, is there balance or any money there? No right? So please make sure of your statements before you tell them.

Redstone farms do NOT lag a server if MADE CORRECTLY. Plus if the farm is unloaded it wont lag the server at all. If you have someone using a continuous redstone clock with two redstone dust and two repeaters of COURSE its going to lag. Instead of banning the person or DESTROYING the ENTIRE redstone device, why not break the clock til they're online and then show them how to make a better redstone clock. Hopper timer. Or whatever. Show them that a redstone clock can be used to power MULTIPLE redstone devices.

We know that it doesnt lag. But think how many players are playing in the server. Not only you, but a big community. If all of the players made a redstone clock in the same time, look at the conclusion. I just wanna say to you again, your not the only player who plays survival, a big community does. If you want to create million of circuits, i suggest playing SinglePlayer.

lillykat86

Epic Pika
Im ok with keeping the emerald thang going! But also like the whole trade thing u were talking about DJ! Would love for a balance between both something we all can come to a agreement on and be happy with!!!

buttercupsimmer

Pika Lover
No staff arent cocky
only ever once has staff member given me a rude reply which was long ago . You wont get banned but you shouldnt disrespect staff/ you can have a opinion just not offence.

yes I agree with you, in my almost two years of playing here in pika server, well I was a very very silent player way back then with only few close friends playing with and just recently I started to get active with interacting with other players and staff too and no staff has ever been rude to me nor to the other decent players I knew, in fact when djred said that players complaint aren't heard and they move to other server where their complaints can be heard, well that was totally wrong, (I don't know which complaints do you pertain to, to the survival server only or to the server as a whole?) whenever I reported staffs respond quickly to them.

well as for the redstone stuffs, yes redstone clocks really do create lag, I created a rainbow beacon at survival but when it runs I lag so bad so I turn it off and never operated it again. Even if djred doesn't experience lag at all but he doesn't think of other players who are just like 12 years old and below ( or something like that) and doesn't know about this ram stuff (even I, who's 21 years old don't know about this ram stuff, sorry, I'm not a techno geek or knowledgeable about computers, I have finished Accountancy degree so Im really not well informed about computer details).

to conclude djred has a point, good message to address the issue, when I first read it I said " wow, he addressed all the issues in his thread O.o " but at some gray area point its sounded rude to some staffs, its the way I see it -.- well, just like rocky said everyone is entitled to their opinion

P.S btw caps really sounded like a shout to me as a reader ( that's why the message sounded somewhat mad, and mind it there's bold options when your typing in thread if you want it emphasis lol ) glad to see this thread it gave me insight on many point of views:):):) great thread:):);)

ali99

Epic Pika
well...as much as I have read...DJ is right...survival needs tl be fixed and taken as a serious matter...
I too agree that survival should fixed....this can be done...all that is required is concentration on it...

and btw remember ...

There is no way u can think the way others can...ur justifications and someone's else's r not 100% accurate ....so dont start a war here :D

ali99

Epic Pika
I appreciate what dj did...he stood up while all of us were just seeing and observing the facts and doing nothing where as something could be done...he made this thread....

I appreciate this alot...u r truly a hero

btw remember this is a minecraft server..... XD dont get carried away

c19rc

1) This is Minecraft.... It is not life.. and you have to realize that even though your life is only Minecraft, it may not be for anyone else.

2) Admins are people as well, they can't do everything. Why do people view admins as a collective group of people with one definition? I have plenty of friends who are staff. They each have their own personality and their own drive to help pika! Just because they became staff shouldn't mean I should view them differently.

3) Admins aren't really able to change anything in terms of non in-game server maintenance (I think). Also, there have been many changes in Pika in the last few months. We changed the website, got new developers... Players can't expect years of poor maintenance to be changed just with a flick of the wand.

4) There are many servers that are not phenomenal right now. There are many parts of Pika which still has bugs. Though I appreciate these opinions, know that the staff need to work on many different servers. Playing mostly on SB Ice has sometimes made me annoyed. I used to think " why is SB Ice always down while every other server is open". Only after I talked to some staff, did I realized that they are trying, but they can't always focus on everything at once.

5) Lastly, the staff are also players and also want to have fun. Sometimes, you must let go and relax :) Things can only get better right? Why don't we (even the staff) try to enjoy what we have now, our community, support, forum, kind staff, players, even the great memories! For me, playing Minecraft is for enjoyment, to escape from life's problems once in a while (or many whiles :p ) Everyone is trying to help the server, its just a matter of time :)

Cheers!

c19rc

ali99

Epic Pika
1) This is Minecraft.... It is not life.. and you have to realize that even though your life is only Minecraft, it may not be for anyone else.

2) Admins are people as well, they can't do everything. Why do people view admins as a collective group of people with one definition? I have plenty of friends who are staff. They each have their own personality and their own drive to help pika! Just because they became staff shouldn't mean I should view them differently.

3) Admins aren't really able to change anything in terms of non in-game server maintenance (I think). Also, there have been many changes in Pika in the last few months. We changed the website, got new developers... Players can't expect years of poor maintenance to be changed just with a flick of the wand.

4) There are many servers that are not phenomenal right now. There are many parts of Pika which still has bugs. Though I appreciate these opinions, know that the staff need to work on many different servers. Playing mostly on SB Ice has sometimes made me annoyed. I used to think " why is SB Ice always down while every other server is open". Only after I talked to some staff, did I realized that they are trying, but they can't always focus on everything at once.

5) Lastly, the staff are also players and also want to have fun. Sometimes, you must let go and relax :) Things can only get better right? Why don't we (even the staff) try to enjoy what we have now, our community, support, forum, kind staff, players, even the great memories! For me, playing Minecraft is for enjoyment, to escape from life's problems once in a while (or many whiles :p ) Everyone is trying to help the server, its just a matter of time :)

Cheers!

c19rc

well said...but...thats a little irrelevant..but the fact is true is is necessary to be concluded..

we r saying that survival should be taken focus on..like factions or any other server..

c19rc

You said like any other server, but the fact is that there are servers like sb ice that also want focus. Factions has more people on at any given time, therefore more focus maybe needed. That's not to say that there should be less on survival, yet people should be more aware that its not just survival that needs help... But that also doesn't mean that we have to rage about not getting representation just because we play a less popular server... Just know that the staff are trying is all... nothing can be perfect

ali99

Epic Pika
You said like any other server, but the fact is that there are servers like sb ice that also want focus. Factions has more people on at any given time, therefore more focus maybe needed. That's not to say that there should be less on survival, yet people should be more aware that its not just survival that needs help... But that also doesn't mean that we have to rage about not getting representation just because we play a less popular server... Just know that the staff are trying is all... nothing can be perfect

well yes the fact is true..noting can be perfect..but I need to correct u..ypu might be a new player..do u know how many players used to play survival..this is one of the things which bothers me..and some times pleases me..believe it or.not...survival used to have 170+ normal....fac has about 150 or so....but now...huh.....people quitted...to be honest..I am one of the 5 oldest player yet playing survival...all the others quitted...

I dont want others to quit......sooo...you ask whats the reason to quit...I will present the major points..

No item frames

Mob despawning

No death sp boots

No slime bounce

No armor stands

Water bug

Slow tpa system

and much more...this needs to be fixed...and believe me..I NEVER seen DutchMiner himself in survival..I see him at fac or prison and even in sky block.
but I never saw him in survival...

survival is one of the server which is not taken into focus as compared to others..

Now its time for survival...

MouraThat

Veteran
well yes the fact is true..noting can be perfect..but I need to correct u..ypu might be a new player..do u know how many players used to play survival..this is one of the things which bothers me..and some times pleases me..believe it or.not...survival used to have 170+ normal....fac has about 150 or so....but now...huh.....people quitted...to be honest..I am one of the 5 oldest player yet playing survival...all the others quitted...

I dont want others to quit......sooo...you ask whats the reason to quit...I will present the major points..

No item frames

Mob despawning

No death sp boots

No slime bounce

No armor stands

Water bug

Slow tpa system

and much more...this needs to be fixed...and believe me..I NEVER seen DutchMiner himself in survival..I see him at fac or prison and even in sky block.

survival is one of the server which is not taken into focus as compared to others..

ive read through this thread for like 10 minutes now
1. Admins arent a collective group ,they have their own views,staff have their own views, they all try and do their best.
2. Dj is actually a hero i dont think anyone else in the survival server would have the guts to come out and say the honest truth.
3. Lets try and not turn this into an arugement and keep the thread postivie
(now related to the reply)
Yes these are thing s that need to be fixed but there is more yet as i and most others know staff actually have a life outside minecraft and also have to help out therefore they are busy however i know they try to fix this.
Also survival does need attention now, admins + aren't on survival as much compared to other servers(apart from dirkie and Thav and Harsh(mainly) and some others) and c19rc i completly disagree survival does need some attention now
Note : DutchMinerHD has been on survival a few times. i have seen him personally. Mainly when there is a SERIOUS issue.
Love Rocky

OP
OP
DJRedNight

DJRedNight

Epic Pika

No item frames

Mob despawning

No death sp boots

No slime bounce

No armor stands

Water bug

Slow tpa system

item frames and armour stands are fixed. FYI. So you might want to get your information correct and read the cevelopment threads. Patch Notes, Information, and also maintenance.

@RockyGaming Thanks for the kind words and keeping this thread on track. :) Means alot bro.

ali99

Epic Pika
item frames and armour stands are fixed. FYI. So you might want to get your information correct and read the cevelopment threads. Patch Notes, Information, and also maintenance.

@RockyGaming Thanks for the kind words and keeping this thread on track. :) Means alot bro.

well I didnt played survival for a long time..hehe <3
but thats good to hear...

however...there r some bugs that needs to be fixed like despawning and water bug

OP
OP
DJRedNight

DJRedNight

Epic Pika
well I didnt played survival for a long time..hehe <3
but thats good to hear...

however...there r some bugs that needs to be fixed like despawning and water bug

Submit a support ticket! If you know of a bug then do something about it! Have you submitted a support ticket before?

ali99

Epic Pika
Submit a support ticket! If you know of a bug then do something about it! Have you submitted a support ticket before?

well I did once...with my own phone..but taken away due to exams..
so I use my fathers blackberry

but its very confusing in blackberry...the whole gui seems different...so sorry..I cannot do that right now...the only thing I can do is reply to other message and private messages..

pika should have better support with BlackBerry..thats all I can say right now

OP
OP
DJRedNight

DJRedNight

Epic Pika
well I did once...with my own phone..but taken away due to exams..
so I use my fathers blackberry

but its very confusing in blackberry...the whole gui seems different...so sorry..I cannot do that right now...the only thing I can do is reply to other message and private messages..

pika should have better support with BlackBerry..thats all I can say right now

Pika-Network has a great mobile website. However BlackBerry's are really outdated when it comes to displaying websites correctly. Its like the Internet Explorer of computers. Not many people are using IE anymore due to compatibility issues throughout the years of production and have switched to Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. I would suggest trying to download Google Chrome, or Firefox on your BlackBerry as those web browsers display information differently then the default "Browser" of a blackberry. Hope this helps.

ali99

Epic Pika
Pika-Network has a great mobile website. However BlackBerry's are really outdated when it comes to displaying websites correctly. Its like the Internet Explorer of computers. Not many people are using IE anymore due to compatibility issues throughout the years of production and have switched to Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. I would suggest trying to download Google Chrome, or Firefox on your BlackBerry as those web browsers display information differently then the default "Browser" of a blackberry. Hope this helps.

I use opera...the phone has a special OS designed specially for emirates...so the phone is unlike any other..the phone doesnt allow to install apps unless the company does it itself....

but lets focus on the thread XD

Status
Not open for further replies.