Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

The current state of Survival is unacceptable

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Exactly what the title says. Survival started getting significant lag spikes starting almost two weeks ago now. Since then it has only worsened, and the current Survival server is legitimately unplayable. The lag freezes players in place for upwards of thirty seconds at a time, and it can happen for hours on end. The lag has gotten so bad that it's caused numerous bugs that have made players consider quiting, if not just for the lag itself. Let's list them!

1. PV's and Clan Vaults are being erased
Pretty self explanatory. Clan vaults and player vaults will randomly be wiped completely with no warning and no way to get the items back. It's happened to 10+ people that I know of, including me. There's nothing worse than putting items, usually valuable items, into a secure storage system only to find them gone for no reason the next day.

2. Players are being tp'ed to random locations
I have no idea how this one is happening, and unfortunately none of us have seen it happen while at our pcs. My clanmate Kaiite was afk in a box and got tp'ed to a random location when she came back. I was in an afk railroad I made for my farms, and when I came back to my pc I was floating thousands of blocks away in the air. Kaiite was lucky that she returned quickly and didn't die. As a noble, I was in godmode and didn't die. Other people, however, have not been so lucky. They've left their pcs and came back to a death screen from phantoms or the like in an unknown area very different from where they left their player.

3. Players are getting kicked from clans with no warning
This once again happened to my clan mate before me. Kaiite logged on 3 days ago and spoke in chat. She realized she wasn't in our clan and we invited her back. You could think "maybe someone kicked her and you just don't know?". Sure, that could have been the case. Today though when I logged on, I was kicked from the clan this time! Fun fact, I am/was the clan owner, so no one could have kicked me. As of right now, our clan is currently owned by "Server"
unknown.png

In short, the lag has gotten so bad that it is near impossible for players to even do basic building, let alone mining or anything else. Furthermore, the lag is so bad it's ruining plugins, wiping player's items, and killing them to boot. The player count on Survival is suffering. We have heard nothing from devs, staff, or owners on the situation. For two weeks now, we have had to assume that it was going to get better. It still hasn't. Survival players deserve to know what's going on with the server we enjoy playing on. We also should be warned at this point to move everything from our pvs and clan vaults, to not afk with stuff in our inventories. The staff need to be more transparent on what is going on with Survival, what we need to do to protect our builds and items, and when we can expect our server to be playable again.

OP
OP
KittenznOm

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
lmao and everyone ignores it smh

They never responded but they have fixed most of the lag issues. I'm not sure if pv's are safe now. I'm too afraid to put my items in them to test it. I also have no idea how to get my clan back from the Server. Maybe it's a Tom Nook situation where I need to pay off my debt?

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
I haven't taken anything out of my pvs because I'm a risk taker. So far I haven't lost anything. I will let you know if that changes

OP
OP
KittenznOm

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
I haven't taken anything out of my pvs because I'm a risk taker. So far I haven't lost anything. I will let you know if that changes
Oh look at this guy. Didn't lose a rank voucher and thinks he's sooo cool.

YA THINK YA BETTA THAN ME?!

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
Oh look at this guy. Didn't lose a rank voucher and thinks he's sooo cool.

YA THINK YA BETTA THAN ME?!
Honestly, yes. Get on my level. :) jkjk
Hopefully you'll be able to get leadership of your clan back tho. Or at least get the funds and EXP given back.

@MouraThat I guess we can consider ourselves lucky.