Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Was this helpful?

• Hell Yes :D

• No you fool xD

Results are only viewable after voting.

hijackrusty

Pika Member
Hey Guys! :p
Just got a bit bored and thought I'd write this Starter tips guide for anyone new joining the server or anyone new to skyblock! I know it's been done before but it's always easy to see a new thread when you're new on the forums!

Where to begin?
Firstly start off by getting yourself an island with: /island, /is, or for more info /is help
Kits
Get yourself started on your island with /kit to collect your starter kit, (you'll get a few more tools thank what you get in your islands starter chest)​
Cobblestone Generator
Probably the must have first build on your island should be a cobblestone generator, on this server it also generates coal, iron, even diamonds and other minerals necessary too.​
Just in case you're BRAND new to minecraft :LOL: here's how to make one, as seen in the lobby:​
2018-09-05_22.07.12.png

/Challenge
The quickest way to level up your island at first is by working your way through the challenges. Starting off after you've made a generator it's probably best to make some farms, as you can complete several challenges from doing so:​

2018-09-05_21.55.05.png2018-09-05_21.55.13.png2018-09-05_21.55.22.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Here's an example of a basic farm to help complete the challenges above:​
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
2018-09-05_21.54.03.png
By completing challenges you unlock harder level challenges, but with harder challenges you'll receive more xp levels!​
You also receive item rewards to help develop your island.​

Voting!
Easiest way to get rewards! 7 links = 7 voting keys​
I found making money off these is the best way to progress, as you can use any money you make in /shop to buy resources for you island (i.e: buying blocks to expand your land or buying food to survive). I have received several mob spawners in voting crates which I sold for $500,000 each! Using /auction or /ah

Here's the link to vote: https://pika-network.net/vote/

SupplyCrates
One more way to start out are the hourly supply drop events in the PvP area at /Spawn
TIP: Don't bring your best kit with you to fight, so at worse all you loose if your exp. in my experience no one has tried to fight me for a drop, and as soon as you've collected as many as you want do /spawn to tp immediately (unless in a fight)​

2018-09-05_23.01.25.png

/is top
One final way to progress is by visiting the top islands on the server! Check these with /is top and visit with /is warp [User]
Many of the top islands have mob grinders where you can gain exp from killing mobs and collect the mob drops which can also be used to complete some challenges or sold in /shop
Short of cash? Many of the top islands have shops where you can sell vote keys, or have profit shops where you can make extra money.​

Thanks guys! If this thread even helps one person out that'd be great, let me know below would love to hear from you guys as this took a while to put together. If I missed anything key for beginners out also let me know and tell me weather I should do more posts like this across the forum?
Thanks again guys, much love <3

Last edited:

XXTentacion

Epic Pika
Just got a bit bored and thought I'd write this Starter tips guide for anyone new joining the server or anyone new to skyblock! I know it's been done before but it's always easy to see a new thread when you're new on the forums!

Where to begin?
Firstly start off by getting yourself an island with: /island, /is, or for more info /is help

Kits
Get yourself started on your island with /kit to collect your starter kit, (you'll get a few more tools thank what you get in your islands starter chest)​

Cobblestone Generator
Probably the must have first build on your island should be a cobblestone generator, on this server it also generates coal, iron, even diamonds and other minerals necessary too.​
Just in case you're BRAND new to minecraft :LOL: here's how to make one, as seen in the lobby:​
View attachment 7899

/Challenge
The quickest way to level up your island at first is by working your way through the challenges. Starting off after you've made a generator it's probably best to make some farms, as you can complete several challenges from doing so:​

By completing challenges you unlock harder level challenges, but with harder challenges you'll receive more xp levels!​

Voting!
I found making money off these is the best way to progress, as you can use any money you make in /shop to buy resources for you island (i.e: buying blocks to expand your land or buying food to survive). I have received several mob spawners in voting crates which I sold for $500,000 each! Using /auction or /ah

SupplyCrates
One more way to start out are the hourly supply drop events in the PvP area at /Spawn
TIP: Don't bring your best kit with you to fight, so at worse all you loose if your exp. in my experience no one has tried to fight me for a drop, and as soon as you've collected as many as you want do /spawn to tp immediately (unless in a fight)​

View attachment 7904

/is top
One final way to progress is by visiting the top islands on the server! Check these with /is top and visit with /is warp [User]
Many of the top islands have mob grinders where you can gain exp from killing mobs and collect the mob drops which can also be used to complete some challenges or sold in /shop
Short of cash? Many of the top islands have shops where you can sell vote keys, or have profit shops where you can make extra money.​

Thanks guys! If this thread even helps one person out that'd be great, let me know below would love to hear from you guys as this took a while to put together. If I missed anything key for beginners out also let me know and tell me weather I should do more posts like this across the forum?

I know kinda everything about skyblock but it was really fun to read it :)

XXTentacion

Epic Pika

Where to begin?

Kits

Cobblestone Generator
View attachment 7899

/Challenge

Voting!

SupplyCrates

View attachment 7904

/is top

Wait what supply crates still exist?