Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Global Allow Heart Indicators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokefyre

Pika Lover
Minecraft Username:
Pokefyre

Suggestion:
Allow Heart Indicators

Detailed description:
I know this just got suggested, But it is a very dumb rule. I don't think that Damage indicators give any unfair advantages as everyone can download it (even people with cracked accounts)
there are many reasons why this should be allowed again.​

Reason(s):
1. like I said above anyone can download it so it doesn't give an advantage to anyone because they can easily install one.
2. Every other server has it. I have never seen a server without either have indicators built in or allowed I don't feel like its fair if this is the only server I cant use it on
3. even minigames in this server has damage indicators built in.
4. it is practically impossible to tell if someone is using it and will just cause more false punishments
5. only a few of the entire server agreed with the "new rule". most of them are against it. (everyone I have talked to is against it)
6. the punishments are too hard, you can better using a hacked client (not that I suggest it!). it got the same punishment as having heart/dmg indicators. (perm ban if active)
7. damage indicator is on the ALLOWED list and at the same time on the DISALLOWED list. so even the management is confused what to do with the rule (https://pika-network.net/threads/allowed-disallowed-modifications.49835/)
I don't even know why you disallowed it in the first place but it should not be disallowed.​

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
Hacked clients give an advantage too, but we (obviously) do not allow them. Why? Because they give an advantage normally not obtainable in a vanilla way (additional reach, reduced knockback, etc). The same applies to damage/heart indicators. Modifications like potion counter, as I already said, just make something you already know easier for you to know, while damage/heart indicators give you the information you don't normally have.
So what i read here in short: Heart indicator gives the same adventage as a hacked client so we just give the players a permban for using one of them? And no: a different rule for heartindicator is NOT a option. I saw also the message from Mrfatsojr , the entire list gives a unfair adventage what you dont have in vanilla MC. What is a very and very good comment to add.

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
Y’all could’ve just downvoted the initial suggestion to get this removed either way if you look at the advantages it gives you might as well remove half the mods that are allowed.

+1
You got a point there, but since that suggestion didnt get alot of down or upvotes and reactions it went to the back of the suggestion page. And i speak for myself and some othernplayers that check the suggestion page: We love to give feedback on post, but since there are 14! pages we arent going to look at them all. If i knew this rule was suggested before it got accepted i would move from this thread with reactions to put it there.

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
I disagree, you could probably be hit 1 or 2 but I think it definitely takes less then a second for a good player to quickly press e, take a look at their armor, then press e again or esc and then continue fighting.
But we dont need to go for the "good" players here, im talking about each player, that started with mc 1d ago. or 5years ago. noob pvpers to the pro pvpers. we cant see it all within the 1 second what you say.

Last edited:

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
think it definitely matters, why not disallowed optifine because it boosts fps
Boosting fps has nothing todo with ingame adventages, if some players got a bad pc they are doomed. That is life. The same if you drive a car. the one can go 300 an the other only 60. And you need a really bad pc if you cant run mc on solid 60 fps.(refresh rate of the most basic monitors)

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
already said +1 to making it disallowed on rpactice lol
The main thread was made to disallow it on opfactions.And became a server wide rule.
Uhm it is still unfair if you know how many pots you have. (a bit). I mean, you can see it after you press e, so why just don't do that? Like Krekkers said, how much time does it take to press e??
Correct, this is the same what we discussed about armor hud and potionStatus. All gives a unfair adventage above vanilla.
potion counter is a very very very small advantage.
-1 you know 10x easyer how many pots you got left, alot? push harder? less? play defensive. It is still an adventage.

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
potion counter is a very very very small advantage.
So is Damage Indicators, you are giving us the same punishment as if we had a hacked client or something.

You saying pot counter is a small advantage means nothing in this argument!

JacePlayZ

The Pika
So what i read here in short: Heart indicator gives the same adventage as a hacked client so we just give the players a permban for using one of them? And no: a different rule for heartindicator is NOT a option. I saw also the message from Mrfatsojr , the entire list gives a unfair adventage what you dont have in vanilla MC. What is a very and very good comment to add.
You got a point there, but since that suggestion didnt get alot of down or upvotes and reactions it went to the back of the suggestion page. And i speak for myself and some othernplayers that check the suggestion page: We love to give feedback on post, but since there are 14! pages we arent going to look at them all. If i knew this rule was suggested before it got accepted i would move from this thread with reactions to put it there.
But we dont need to go for the "good" players here, im talking about each player, that started with mc 1d ago. or 5years ago. noob pvpers to the pro pvpers. we cant see it all within the 1 second what you say.
Boosting fps has nothing todo with ingame adventages, if some players got a bad pc they are doomed. That is life. The same if you drive a car. the one can go 300 an the other only 60. And you need a really bad pc if you cant run mc on solid 60 fps.(refresh rate of the most basic monitors)
1. That argument is the worst i ever saw. and 2. Hacked clients give a 200x bigger adventage compared with heart indicator.
It is still on your computer what is "inactive" so punishable.
The main thread was made to disallow it on opfactions.And became a server wide rule.

Correct, this is the same what we discussed about armor hud and potionStatus. All gives a unfair adventage above vanilla.

-1 you know 10x easyer how many pots you got left, alot? push harder? less? play defensive. It is still an adventage.
^^^^^. Read that.

To be honest, everyone should re-read what Fatso said. Take a moment and understand it properly.

Unawarely

The Pika
So is Damage Indicators, you are giving us the same punishment as if we had a hacked client or something.

You saying pot counter is a small advantage means nothing in this argument!
This thread is about heart indicators not damage indicators

Unawarely

The Pika
Well then you just have to get better. Opf is a competitive gamemode

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Damage indicators being disallowed should only be a positive effect on practice. Not skywars on bedwars since you can press tab to see health which is the same as Armor and potion hud so the argument of it being unfair on those is invalid unless you want to disable armor and potion hud aswell. So since this only affects practice why should it be disabled on every gamemode. That makes no sence in my opinion.

I do understand where everyone is coming from, but disallowing a mod on 10 gamemodes because it should be disallowed on 1 gamemode is a bit weird no ? I also do understand that a lot of the current allowed clients have Heart indicators so we would have to disallow all of those aswell then no ?

What i get from this is that we should disallow LabyMod, Pixel, 5zig Mod, ArmorStatusHUD, Batty’s Coordinates, DirectionHUD, StatusEffectHUD, Replay Mod, ToggleSneak, ToggleSprint. Because these all give players a advantage or they include the Health indicators.

Either make this a practice only rule or don't add it as a disadvantage since i don't think practice is more important than every other gamemode.
It's not only about Practice. It's about every gamemode that doesn't show you other people's health above their head or on the tab. OP Factions can be an example of that kind of gamemode. Minigames and Kit-PVP can be an example of gamemode where there really is pointless to disallow those indicators as they are already built into the gamemode, but if they are already built into the gamemode, why would you complain about them being disallowed as external modifications when you can already get their benefits without using them?
Lunar Client has chat macros, but we do not disallow the whole client because of it. We just disallow using those chat macros. The same is with health/damage indicators - if a client has them, but the player isn't using them, he won't get punished for them unless he starts using them.

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
It's not only about Practice. It's about every gamemode that doesn't show you other people's health above their head or on the tab. OP Factions can be an example of that kind of gamemode. Minigames and Kit-PVP can be an example of gamemode where there really is pointless to disallow those indicators as they are already built into the gamemode, but if they are already built into the gamemode, why would you complain about them being disallowed as external modifications when you can already get their benefits without using them?
Lunar Client has chat macros, but we do not disallow the whole client because of it. We just disallow using those chat macros. The same is with health/damage indicators - if a client has them, but the player isn't using them, he won't get punished for them unless he starts using them.
Still, even if the client got it even if the player isnt using it he can get punished for having mods inactive. Even tho the player never used them once.

Status
Not open for further replies.