Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Vanilla 1.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHDspot

Veteran
Hey community,

I'm playing on Minecraft Realm with @Mariska and I was thinking about Pika-Network and all the 1.9 stuff.
mq3xTI1.png

And I was thinking to make an extra server on pika. So players can play just minecraft vanilla 1.9 on Pika. And to get more players. Because Minecraft 1.9 just got released today. And I know, there are some haters on the new 1.9 update. But developers can disable the new 1.9 features!

If you guys like it, I will give more informations about the whole 1.9 vanilla thing :)

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
While you make think this a good idea, logistically its a nightmare. Moving to a 1.9 server already would be a terrible idea as ALL of the plugins that make pika playable are not ready for 1.9. This means you would deal with jerks coming on just to grief everyone's stuff because there would be no claims. Then you would go ask staff to help but they can't do anything because ban manager and coreprotect isn't ready so they can't ban someone. Altogether the server would go to the dogs fairly fast, and I'm sure the Pika staff don't want a broken 1.9 server dragging their name through the mud

Last edited:

Fangston

Epic Pika
Well ya lexi. But Justin wants to make another server, maybe on mcrealms. But overall, I don't think it's worth the while now.

ASCB_imran

Veteran
Apparently there is already a lot of fully working servers for 1.8/1.9 clients o.o and they've all moved away from 1.7. That was pretty fast since it's only been released for a couple of hours. Loads of plugins updated too.

OP
OP
ADHDspot

ADHDspot

Veteran
let's just wait. And let mojang fix there bugs, I found already some buggs :p

AbedKilani

Veteran
Can we all just agree to accept the upgrade to 1.9 when ALL of the plugins are upgraded to 1.9? Someone should make a list of plugins needed and keep an eye for em when they're upgraded :p

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Can we all just agree to accept the upgrade to 1.9 when ALL of the plugins are upgraded to 1.9? Someone should make a list of plugins needed and keep an eye for em when they're upgraded :p
Some servers should upgrade to 1.9 (skyblock, survival, etc.). However, pvp servers should NOT upgrade to keep them popular

AbedKilani

Veteran
But some like the pvp ways of 1.9, especially that its a bit more OP. Then pika should make a 1.8 kitpvp (or any other pvp server whatever) and another one 1.9. The only problem is nobody knows if those servers would get much players since well, too many servers would exist then.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Xd honestly i dont know what it is... but when i put something in my main hand in game it seems slower for it to show up... especially when its a tool or when i have something in Left Hand.... But when i got back to the 1.8 (Better version for me) its fine...

MrEaters

That's because tools and weapons have a buffer period when you select them before you can use them, like the "cooldown" thing on attacks.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Hmmm do carrots have that aswell?
Because the same thing happens to Carrots.... CARROTS!

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
-1, 1.9 SUX!!!
Also guys how is the update? I can't play cuz havin examz :(
How is it then? Ik it's bad for pvp but anyone tried using it for pvp yet?

CloudAP

Veteran
That's because tools and weapons have a buffer period when you select them before you can use them, like the "cooldown" thing on attacks.
As Isaid before, you can modify this as if there was no cooldown

DirkieXP

Banned
We might add this later, but first Yoeri and his devs should focus on TeamSkywars, KitPVP (rework/reset), OPPrison (rework/reset), Eggwars in the bungeecords rework and Skyblock Ice. These servers have been waiting a long while, so these are (in my opinion) more important than adding a new server with 1.9

Mariska

Pika Member
We might add this later, but first Yoeri and his devs should focus on TeamSkywars, KitPVP (rework/reset), OPPrison (rework/reset), Eggwars in the bungeecords rework and Skyblock Ice. These servers have been waiting a long while, so these are (in my opinion) more important than adding a new server with 1.9

True .. c:

MrEaters

Off topic: Why are dislike trolls a thing? (Look at the dislikes on all the posts in this thread...)
On topic: Fix the existing servers, then worry about expansion. Having some great servers is better than having a lot of servers that are only barely playable for various reasons.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Well can someone ban that guy who disliked EVERYONES post? He did it because he got banned Ingame....

kayjune

Personally it's something i'd check out so I voted yes, buuuut...

As someone said above. While we have server outages daily and massive lag despite your efforts to fix them, I'd rather see more work to make the existing servers more stable before trying to launch more.

Status
Not open for further replies.