Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Vanilla 1.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHDspot

Veteran
Hey community,

I'm playing on Minecraft Realm with @Mariska and I was thinking about Pika-Network and all the 1.9 stuff.
mq3xTI1.png

And I was thinking to make an extra server on pika. So players can play just minecraft vanilla 1.9 on Pika. And to get more players. Because Minecraft 1.9 just got released today. And I know, there are some haters on the new 1.9 update. But developers can disable the new 1.9 features!

If you guys like it, I will give more informations about the whole 1.9 vanilla thing :)

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
While some say YEA!!!!! Im say no and heres why...
In my opinion (It ruins PvP) for the PvP servers but this is just for survival yes?
I would have to say no because i don't think the server is ready yet... it still needs to deal with lag, hackers, and the glitchs and bugs that annoy people everyday.
Yes it is a good idea FOR NON-PVP Servers but in all honesty just wait a little while before upgrading... Maybe do a reset on the servers that this will apply to.

ASCB_imran

Veteran
Nice idea but how will we be able to join it from the hub which only supports 1.7/1.8 and bungeecord will probably be updated after months.

OP
OP
ADHDspot

ADHDspot

Veteran
While some say YEA!!!!! Im say no and heres why...
In my opinion (It ruins PvP) for the PvP servers but this is just for survival yes?
I would have to say no because i don't think the server is ready yet... it still needs to deal with lag, hackers, and the glitchs and bugs that annoy people everyday.
Yes it is a good idea FOR NON-PVP Servers but in all honesty just wait a little while before upgrading... Maybe do a reset on the servers that this will apply to.
Its just a survival. So pvp will be disabled :)
And its just an extra server. By that, I mean, a whole new server. Just to let them play on minecraft 1.9. Because 1.9 is super fun :)

OP
OP
ADHDspot

ADHDspot

Veteran
Nice idea but how will we be able to join it from the hub which only supports 1.7/1.8 and bungeecord will probably be updated after months.
An other server ;) Just a 155.1515.1212:0056551 IP. Just do test if people like 1.9 :D

And where are some servers (I'm not gonna tell which one) but they are already on minecraft 1.9 ;)

SaimTheGamer

Epic Pika
This is a great idea.I played a lot of 1.9 snapshots and i found some exploits here and there (I dont know if hey are fixed yet)
But as @ASCB_imran say it is a problem for the hub as it suports only 1.7/1.8.
Lets not rush into things.As when 1.8 was released on some server that i played before updated to 1.8 2 Months after 1.8 release.
But yeah still a good idea.I cant wait for Survival to get updated to 1.9.So many new fetures :D

OP
OP
ADHDspot

ADHDspot

Veteran
This is a great idea.I played a lot of 1.9 snapshots and i found some exploits here and there (I dont know if hey are fixed yet)
But as @ASCB_imran say it is a problem for the hub as it suports only 1.7/1.8.
Lets not rush into things.As when 1.8 was released on some server that i played before updated to 1.8 2 Months after 1.8 release.
But yeah still a good idea.I cant wait for Survival to get updated to 1.9.So many new fetures :D
Well Mojang fixed the most of the reported bugs. :)

MouraThat

Veteran
Great idea
id love to see pika go to 1.9
just for pvp its not favoured but im mainly on survival

MouraThat

Veteran
CANT join that server to test it out
oh well a big big
YESSS FOR 1.9
(I just hope there is more of a solution for the end)

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
I looked through it all in SP and its.... Ok Shields (Could've had more types of shields)
Could've had more Material types for more armor and tools.
But yes OK for survival But any other servers Not really...

MrEaters

I personally think the new 1.9 will make pvp much more interesting... because it won't boil down to who has more god apples. PVP in 1.9 will require more strategy than "run at your opponent and click as fast as possible, while eating gapples as needed." As for 1.9 survival, I think the network needs to work out existing issues before it adds new server(s) that will add new issues and more lag. For example, as I understand it Skyblock Ice is experiencing some major problems... make existing servers run smoothly before adding new ones.

Skittlez13114

Vanilla 1.9? HA you're funny. The amount of hackers that would attract is beyond insane and without any protection you would find yourself hating the server within days. Until the plugins are updated and everything is stable you won't be seeing any servers in 1.9. The thought is good but it's a lot more complicated and there's a bunch of factors that you need to take into account.

CloudAP

Veteran
hackers would be limited though because of the 1.9 features. Like kill aura and forcefield won't be useful as they will deal with low damage than noobs who have broken mouse. Click Aura might be glitchy too since the attack is swipe instead of focus. But some hacks would might work still.

Yes bungee might be a problem but I think it would make pika more popular as some people look for 1.9 multiplayer just to try it out. I mean, even people say that 1.9 pvp sucks, I know most people would still want to try it out.

The main problem would be: Plugins. No ban plugin, no staff plugin, no essentials (tpa, spawn, etc.), no claims plugin, no nothing. So it'll be just a normal survival player with idiots griefing around.

I vote yes because it would be interesting as how people will strategize with the new features and how would they use it as an advantage. :p

OP
OP
ADHDspot

ADHDspot

Veteran
Or not a minecraft server. But a realm, but I think that's only for premium minecraft players?

Status
Not open for further replies.