Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

[Suggestion] Free Kits to anyone with proof of hackers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapsh0t

Title says all, last thread about it was from around two months ago but it wasn't really mentioned at all. People need incentive to catch hackers, most of the people who do it for free don't want to do it at all because it takes way too much effort, and time only to get something so little.

Support this thread please, I don't honestly see any negative impacts at all if done right.

Edit: like all replies, good criticism. Therefore I made a mega edit, please reply again to check for any errors on this system.

its okay if we dont do kits, just some reward can do, as for the system though, it should never be based off a system where we have now where it's not based off plugin assistance, infact it NEEDs to be based off a plugin system, holding the player data manually is not even possible.

This is my theoretical system, I never mentioned it before because other people should have the opportunity to show their own methods on approaching the problem.

Currency System:
The currency should be not only balanced, but verstile on ALL servers. This would mean using a ratio to convert pika's main currency(EUR) into HackerToken.

1 hacker caught = 10 hacker token.
Theortically, 10 hacker token would equal to 0.10 EUR(you cant convert hackertokens into actual money)
100 hackers caught would equal to 1000 HackerTokens, which would equal to a worth of a VIP kit.
This would also allow any of the buycraft items to be perfectly possible; Since the token can be converted to EUR, every single item should be possible to obtain without any confusion.

If you would like to know how many hackers you need to catch on video, just multiple the amount by 10.

As for other currencies besides EUR, that is fine because the other currency is simply converted from the orginial EUR price.
Example
VIP Kit is 10 euro. The worth of 10 euro is 11.10 in USD. Coincidentally, the USD amount for VIP Kit is exactly 11.10.

Rewards:

One concept is to use a menu like so:
S0kmIY6.png

it allows access to get anything with hackertokens at any time, which can streamline the process.

The googy bad part:

Sadly fully automating the process is impossible. Simply put, machines aren't humans; You can't get a machine to watch a hacker video, confirm to see if it is legit, and then manually give out the hackertokens to that one player.

Cons:
Staff has to do more steps when it comes to recordings of hackers(find the username that wants the token, manually enter the command to give tokens)
Required updated report format(to avoid confusion, 99% certain it will need a minor update to make this process more efficient)
Possibly require coders that can work with bungeecord (may need money too!)

All in all completely possible but extremely difficult.

Last edited:

Draegoner

Veteran
I've just started trying to report hackers and it takes ALOT of time. Rewatching alot of useless footage. Uploading. Watching videos you decide to upload several times to ensure the person in question is hacking.
here are a list of prod and cond I can think of.
Pros:
Offers more incentive to report.
reduces the number of peopls hacking as more are reported.
increases chance of a hacker is reportedso they themselves don't hack due to fear.

Cons: a kit would function like a vote kit. It's useless. I don't vote for kits and I doubt anyone does. Maybe give tokens similar to vote tokens. Or a random chance to win something big(like voting). Maybe 1/500 chance to win something unique? .
Would increase the frequency of reports. With them the frequency of false reports. So more work needed to be done by help er rs/mods.
helpers/mods need yo fo more work.
needs to be regulated so the system is regulated. (People may make accounts to hack so they can report themselves for rewards)
Alot of hackibg pika vids will be uploaded so maybe bad publicity. But good publicity since we're doing alot about them.

Overall I love the idea.

DirkieXP

Banned
The hard part of giviving kits is this:
My timezone is EUW, if it take care of a report of someone from NA, then i will not be able to give him or her any kits untill this person comes online when I am online.
The solution of this problem als brings another issue: we could give them tokens or money instead of kits, but only admin+ have the permission to do /eco give. This will leave helpers and mods contacting admins way more often than needed.

It seems hard to make a system that automatically gives a kit when a report is accepted.
Cheapsh0t you should try to find a solutio, for these problems? And then we might be able to talk business

Draegoner

Veteran
What about this. When a mod reports a player there is an extra column to put an extra name down. This will be for anyone who provided video evidence of the hackers. I ecpect mods are trusted not T o abuse the system.
Now the name can either trigger something to reward T he player when next online. ( similar to votes) (I only play opfacs so I'm just comparing it to its features).
Or tge name is sent to a mod/admin that can reward.
Now this can cause a few problems. I dont imagine modifying the ban system for an extra col u mn will be easy.
The plugin required to auto gjve whatever will be difficult? Maybe just replicate a similar plugin?
If you want to do it manually maybe a seperare list can be sent to a shared page on thewebsite . (For admins) who can view all players penfing rewards at a hlance and thier online/offline status. This would work nicely for admins to work together in different timezones. I expevt people reporting will themselves be quite active. So theyll get it eventually.
I dont imagine the tools required for this will be easy to make though

Last edited:

JChan

Epic Pika
Nope -1
You would report players for your own good. People are gonna report players just for the kits and most likely, more spam/false reports.

if I received a kit from reporting a player, I wouldn't accept it. By staff giving kits to us, it's a pain in the butt. Liam is the only one that is in the same country I live in

RaVo

Legendary Pika
it would bring abuse and forums are slow. Most players that hack for a long time do get banned and it is not that hard to fake a bannable fact.

MouraThat

Veteran
+1 good idea
i like this because taking videos and uploading is a long time so this incentive would make people do more
Hopefully the hackers get banned
The only thing is the number of false and fake reports would go up
Also what happens if you never see a hacker?(lol,unlikely but still)
Anyway its a good idea

madharz

Pika Member
Theres both sides to this argument and the first positive thing about this is what Draegoner about players taking there time recording hackers and trust me I seriously know how you feel because that was my job in a previous server to record hackers before banning them. On the other hand the negative part about this is what DirkieXP said and thats about a staff member might have a different timezone than the reporter so the staff member wont be able to give him/she the kits they deserved

Destruct

Rare Pika
I would actually like to concur on this idea, giving players an opportunity to receive these rewards as a show of our gratitude for their sacrifice and time by being killed by a hacker a recording it. I like the idea of giving out these various rewards by the received tokens, our Pika-Network reports need some spotlight as they help the server and make our job slightly easier, and this method will definitely be our thanks.

RaVo

Legendary Pika
I have lots of hackers on vid that I never uploaded bc I just dont see the use. If I upload it they get banned and come back using a other name. This could make me upload it but I could just use a vpn register lots of acounds. Then I would make them hack and record it all. (I would not do stuff like that but I can see some do)

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Yeah true RaVo... but still this is a good idea cheapsh0t but it will be easily abused by people... and then sometimes people can end up making those accounts and banning themselves just to get free things...

RaVo

Legendary Pika
There is even a client out there thats just made to fake hackers. You can join a server and the client has 2 record options. You set the one for layout and just record it for a min. Then you can set a name(+skin) and you can choose a few hacks. You can even add a map and coörds. What comes out is a fake hack video(I used it on a other server bc someone joined my skyblock griefed all and left but I had no proof. It was a long time ago. I do no longer have that client but it was super simple. It took my computer a while to make but that was still on a old, old pc.)

madharz

Pika Member
CheapShot I think this is an brilliant idea because it will show the player that the staff team and the whole Pika Community are appreciated of what they done for us. Also GWG_iKnowledge when you said that they can abuse it by the reporter using another account to get more tokens the solution for this is that the staffs can Ip-Check the hacker and see if the reporter comes under the same Ip as the hacker.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Yeah but mad remember there are things that change your IP to make it seem like someone else and also they can just change his/her IP after... Look at what RaVo said before i added that post

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
What would be a good idea is to instead of giving these players OP kits give them hacker detection tools... (If there are such things give them these items to tell if someone is a hacker or not... For the anti KB and all that... from watching One of Yoeris livestreams i think there is one for both AntiKB and ForceField

OP
OP
C

cheapsh0t

unfortunately there's no way to give people "tools" for it but it's always possible to teach them ;)

I like the idea of giving people some kits if you were to catch them.
But also it can be abused by some people wanting to have this items.
I value this suggestion but.
I would disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.