Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

[PAC] false bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
N

Nignogery

The thing is, it's worthless, they permanently ban people even though 10-40% doesn't hack. If it's a temp. ban, i have no problem. But seriously? Banning mrwail? He is bad at pvping and he gets banned by a worthless PAC...

ali99

Epic Pika
I know the false ban reason...

Ip connection

any slow data transfer between the server or tge computer causes LAGS
which causes EFFECTS
luke anti kb, no slowdown,fly hacks etc
since pac doesnt recognize lags...it considers it as a hack....

unban should be given

MouraThat

Veteran
I agree false bans are ennoying but with those occasional false bans
come loads of real bans cleaning the server

c19rc

Pac is currently on a development stage....but WHY DID THEY ENABLED IT???
Shouldn't this be applied AFTER it has been tested and developed?

Doesn't it need to go live so they can test it ?

ali99

Epic Pika
Doesn't it need to go live so they can test it ?

lol
u always TEST something 100% before using it.....

eg new games and tech is always TESTED (beta stage or alpha stage) and such release is not offical meaning safely applied and verified....

ali99

Epic Pika
I agree false bans are ennoying but with those occasional false bans
come loads of real bans cleaning the server

we should look for all.....

I suggest turning it off and test it privately until it has been verified...

LittleFeather96

Veteran
I'll look into is and reply to you as quick as I can @superdano. Sorry for the inconvenience the plugin may have caused, despite its false bans, there are many more hackers being banned with it as well.

CloudAP

Veteran
there will be no test subject if it'll be tested privately. :p

Tbh, it has been tested in Kit-PvP and its doing so well. Just happened that we never actually tried it in a server with more plugins. Somehow, lag participates in the Anti Cheat Plugin.

PAC only recognize killaura at the moment, and will be improved in the future.

Just weird how the player acts. First they ask for anticheat and they don't care as long as it bans hacker. Now they want it removed.

Remember that PAC improves by the feedback brought by the players. And Ban Appeal Section exists for False Banned Players.

Also, PAC bans more hacker than legit players. Even staff saying that PAC stealing their bans. XD

OP
OP
N

Nignogery

I'll look into is and reply to you as quick as I can @superdano. Sorry for the inconvenience the plugin may have caused, despite its false bans, there are many more hackers being banned with it as well.
Thank you.

Just weird how the player acts. First they ask for anticheat and they don't care as long as it bans hacker. Now they want it removed.
I never asked Anti-Cheat, i knew it was just a program that will just destroy everything

Remember that PAC improves by the feedback brought by the players. And Ban Appeal Section exists for False Banned Players.
mrwail told me he made one and got denied?

And let me remind you that there was lag the first 2/3 days. That lag could get you banned PAC for suspicious killaura/movement.
All i got to say about it.

MouraThat

Veteran

Tbh, it has been tested in Kit-PvP and its doing so well. Just happened that we never actually tried it in a server with more plugins. Somehow, lag participates in the Anti Cheat Plugin.

Also, PAC bans more hacker than legit players. Even staff saying that PAC stealing their bans. XD
Yeah this is my point exactly. Pika just use the best way to ban hackers.

Draegoner

Veteran

PAC is stealing my opportunity to record and report >.<

ali99

Epic Pika

test subjects?? lol.....

also u said "pac bans more hackers than legit players"
tell me...what if it bans u?
think about it...what would u do?

well ur a legit player right(and staff too :p )
but u get ended up beig banned and there is no one that listens to u....

this is the feeling that others get...the plugin should be accurate...this pac is like in beta stage....u shouldnt ban some one with it...

I suggest and think for all...not for one..

ali99

Epic Pika
I know but with the good pvpers if they are real they should be able to pass the unbanners. banning hackers is important and if this is the way then it has to be

this is the thing I dont like about u rocky...also applies for scavanger and younger01

dude...this plugin can be replaced with a better one....like I said...

if pac bans u.....what would u do?
no one to help u...no one to unban u...
screaming and crying wont help....swearing and promises won't do.....

the player ends up being banned from forums and heart broken...

ZeroGiven

Veteran
Hey all,

I will try to do my best to explain you all about what happened, why it happened and why it isn’t a bad thing.

First off all for @mrwail if you didn’t get a unban yet you should write a (new) proper ban appeal for 3 April all staff has been notified that due to the lag on that server that day all ban appeals for 3 April on op factions are to be accepted this has been decided during that day. If needed add my name in the ban appeal.

Second of all let me explain this late reaction which is short I have exams and well I got to study for them.

You are all complaining that PAC false bans this is true and this is why we have a ban appeal section on the forums and not in TS because if PAC bans you I need to know it and well I’m not often on ts. PAC isn’t rocket science and also it’s getting tested and it showed good numbers on kit-pvp. But yes we had some issues on op-factions on 3 April which resulted in numerous false bans.

Also PAC is in beta and you are telling me that it should not be permanently banning which I consider true and has been changed in the new version. But at that time we made it permanently banning for 2 reasons 1. To get ban appeals on the forums to check if it was working 2. It was needed because PIKA had a huge amount of hackers.

And well why are we testing it on all server while it is in BETA well because things need to be tested under certain circumstances and we first tested it on a test server without lag (because a test server isn’t really laggy) under normal fighting conditions. Did we did that wrong no because we would never have been able to test it their under realistic circumstances for every server.

So what did we do we dropped in in kit-pvp where it worked good enough as in we had maybe 1 false ban during that time but also 800 bans in the same 2 days.

So is a 1:800 ratio good? For a anticheat system it is.

But then we dropped it into op-factions but op factions had serious lag issues and this resulted into false bans. Why didn’t we just unban everyone? Well because that would be stupid and people that care would have written a proper ban appeal.

To prove that PAC isn’t bad and why it still on all servers here are some facts:

On the day that PAC was added into op factions it had over 5000 bans and only 23 known false bans. This means that only 0.46% was a false ban.

Since the day that we added PAC the number of reports are way lower than before.

PAC is still in BETA this means that it’s getting improved and the new version will fix many issues that you are currently experiencing.

So is PAC evil and should we kill it with fire and put it in the ground to never dig it up? Nope! Should we make it better and make Pika a better place for players instead of continuous battles about players hacking? I think that is a great idea.

If you still got questions feel free to ask here or in pm. All ban appeals in this topic or any other topic than ban appeals are denied and please don’t rage that would not get you anywhere.

Greetings,

Me

Status
Not open for further replies.