Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

How to build a spider xp farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wither

Veteran
To begin with, xp farms are for sure a very important part of survival! Collecting xp with the traditional way is such a tiring process. So, here I am beginners (if you are an experienced player you may already know techniques for that) to teach you how to make an xp farm that works properly for spiders! I will be clear and I will analyze the whole creation step by step and I will also use some pictures to be more vivid.

1. Dig a platform 9 x 9 and be sure that the spawner is 4 blocks away from every wall. Furthermore, the spawner should be at least 3 blocks under the roof and at least 3 blocks over the bottom.

24xhugh.png

2. Then you must place water to each corner and make sure it flows in a way that it forms a floating hole of 1 x 1 where the spiders will fall.

30ngc1w.png

3. Place 8 signs like the they are shown in the photo above so as to avoid any leaking. This is going to create a 3 x 3 hole that a spider spawner needs as spiders tend to escape by climbing if you select to make an xp farm with 1 x 1 hole! So, now they have nowhere to go!

4. It is just a little bit of functional stuff you ought to add to your new efficient xp farm! See the picture:

rjgilc.png

...So yeah you can add 3 different flows of water pushing the spider to your deadly sword. Then add 3 hoppers connecting to each other and connect the one in the middle with the chest (to transport items) which should be under any kind of fence because if you use slabs to keep spiders away from touching you they will actually manage to sneak and pass it making the xp work so dangerous. Surely, you must add on the left and on the right glass as they do not connect with fences and will leave a small gap that you will need to kill the spiders (or else you can place leaves). Finally, feel free to fill the walls with any kind of blocks and be creative with the design!

*Of course this type of spawner is for both cave and normal spiders.

-Warning: Do not forget to break any possible torch around the spawner and try to keep light level to 0.

Davidva

Veteran
Nice explain! I think this is for Survival or Skyblock?

Status
Not open for further replies.