Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Discord Add #looking-to-play channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Minecraft Username:
Lt_Hammerman

Suggestion:
Add #looking-to-play channel

Detailed description:
Make a channel with a high slowmode where people are supposed to look for players to play with. This can be useful for SkyWars, BedWars, or even Skyblock or (OP) Factions. Just make sure slowmode is high so people don't spam. Make it so going off-topic might lead to a kick.​

Reason(s):
Currently, #public-chat is flooded with messages and it's harder for players to find teammates/island members/faction members on Discord. Making a separate channel with slowmode will help.​

UpperGround

Great Reporter
+1 but sadly this wont be accepted

and no dont tell me to upvote cuz i already did

MrEpiko

Discord Developer
Developer
what about #pls-read-my-staff-application-i-beg-you-i-wanna-ban-hackers channel?
Hm #staff-is-ignoring-my-reports
#console-is-bad-plz-help
#look-at-my-appeal-plz-i-wanna-play

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Minecraft Username:
Lt_Hammerman

Suggestion:

Detailed description:
Make a channel with a high slowmode where people are supposed to look for players to play with. This can be useful for SkyWars, BedWars, or even Skyblock or (OP) Factions. Just make sure slowmode is high so people don't spam. Make it so going off-topic might lead to a kick.

Reason(s):
Currently, #public-chat is flooded with messages and it's harder for players to find teammates/island members/faction members on Discord. Making a separate channel with slowmode will help.
Add cheater-application-for-staff so people like moxxy17 can apply. @UpperGround
+1

MuazTPM

Minecraft Username:
Lt_Hammerman

Suggestion:

Detailed description:
Make a channel with a high slowmode where people are supposed to look for players to play with. This can be useful for SkyWars, BedWars, or even Skyblock or (OP) Factions. Just make sure slowmode is high so people don't spam. Make it so going off-topic might lead to a kick.

Reason(s):
Currently, #public-chat is flooded with messages and it's harder for players to find teammates/island members/faction members on Discord. Making a separate channel with slowmode will help.
+1

TTHM

Configurator
Developer
+1 / Neutral

Last edited:

StoPizza

Veteran
-1 / Natural.

We don't need more channels (expect #media that I've suggested), you can look for people to play with on the server itself or write something in #public chat.

OP
OP
Arrly

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
-1 / Natural.

We don't need more channels (expect #media that I've suggested), you can look for people to play with on the server itself or write something in #public chat.
On the server itself, there are rarely competent players who can play the game well. Discord members are usually more experienced than average players (which are usually total beginners).
Public chat is usually flooded with messages so my message won't be seen in 60 seconds. The point of #looking-to-play would be to have an easy overview of people who might want to play something with me. Currently, people use a lot of private Discord servers for this, but it takes time to invite someone to one, and some people don't want to join random servers. With #looking-to-play you would be able to invite any player that's on Pika Discord to play with you.
Also, it doesn't harm anyone in any way to have such a channel, it just makes it easier for some people. It might be useless for some, but if it helps the others and doesn't harm you in any way so I don't see why it shouldn't be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.