Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Discord Add Discord only staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperRSmash

Veteran
Username:
HyperRSmash

Suggestion:
Add Discord only staff

Detailed description:
The title by itself is self-explanatory but to be more clear, if Pika had staff dedicated to discord only, then the chats would be more moderated. This is something important for a server of the size of Pika, since there are toons of people chatting there everyday.

For this to work, players should apply on the forums but, instead of applying on the usual Staff Applications, they would apply to a different new section: Discord Staff Applications.

Players should be required to have thousands of messages in discord, be known, etc, to be sure that they would be a good addition on the discord staff team.

I believe there should be 3 roles in this: the first one would be the equivalente of a trial: a discord staff who could warn and mute players, since many discord punishments are either a warning or a mute. The second role would be the equivalente of a helper: they would have more experience, and would be more trusted than a trial, due to their already said experience. They would have bans permissions, in addition to the trial's permissions.

The last role would be the discord staff manager. It could either be the Pika manager (MrFrenco) or there could be a global Pika admin dedicated to manage the discord staff team, to be more focused on them.

Reason(s):
The reasons why I find important for this to be implemented is because there are multiple times when a player is breaking the rules in Pika discord, and there is no staff available, so if there was a discord staff team, the chances of this happening would be lower and Pika would have a faster line of defense against rule breakers.

A server of the size of Pika needs to have active staff everywhere, so if there was a discord staff team, Pika global staff could be more focused on the forums and in game, since discord would have a dedicated team to moderate it. This would make Pika moderation more efficient.
As an important note, the global staffs would still have the same permissions in discord, as this suggestion only intends to ADD another form of moderation, without taking away the current one.

Last edited:

Krekkers

Veteran
+1 I have noticed a lot of rule breakers on discord that just get to spam profanities and not being punished. Usually they get punished after a while but in my opinion staff is too busy with other stuff to actually have a good focus on a place where a bunch of players from different game modes can connect.
This change could allow more people who want to help but have not a lot of time to be active in game or on forums to help out a little bit.

JustSuperiorr

Great Reporter
+1
I like the basic concept of this suggestion but it is very likely this would be denied since "Not something the community should decide", And the discord isn't even moderated, having specific staff would be great.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Totally agree, the size of the pika staff team is way too small for the ingame server not even going to talk about the discord server. Most of the time staff are more focused on ingame issues than discord channels which makes the discord server not moderated.

DeIetedUser

Epic Pika
+1 I have noticed a lot of rule breakers on discord that just get to spam profanities and not being punished. Usually they get punished after a while but in my opinion staff is too busy with other stuff to actually have a good focus on a place where a bunch of players from different game modes can connect.
This change could allow more people who want to help but have not a lot of time to be active in game or on forums to help out a little bit.
I got banned for 3 months for making a joke -_-

Blazemon

The Pika
Discord staff would be more active than staff then staff on both discord and minecraft so rule breakers will be stopped faster and it would be more affective
+1

Krays

Great Reporter
+1
Pika discord needs human to muted or banned bots or people that are annoying

ZekromXD

Legendary Pika
Username:
HyperRSmash

Suggestion:
Add Discord only staff

Detailed description:
The title by itself is self-explanatory but to be more clear, if Pika had staff dedicated to discord only, then the chats would be more moderated. This is something important for a server of the size of Pika, since there are toons of people chatting there everyday.

For this to work, players should apply on the forums but, instead of applying on the usual Staff Applications, they would apply to a different new section: Discord Staff Applications.

Players should be required to have thousands of messages in discord, be known, etc, to be sure that they would be a good addition on the discord staff team.

I believe there should be 3 roles in this: the first one would be the equivalente of a trial: a discord staff who could warn and mute players, since many discord punishments are either a warning or a mute. The second role would be the equivalente of a helper: they would have more experience, and would be more trusted than a trial, due to their already said experience. They would have bans permissions, in addition to the trial's permissions.

The last role would be the discord staff manager. It could either be the Pika manager (MrFrenco) or there could be a global Pika admin dedicated to manage the discord staff team, to be more focused on them.

Reason(s):
The reasons why I find important for this to be implemented is because there are multiple times when a player is breaking the rules in Pika discord, and there is no staff available, so if there was a discord staff team, the chances of this happening would be lower and Pika would have a faster line of defense against rule breakers.

A server of the size of Pika needs to have active staff everywhere, so if there was a discord staff team, Pika global staff could be more focused on the forums and in game, since discord would have a dedicated team to moderate it. This would make Pika moderation more efficient.
As an important note, the global staffs would still have the same permissions in discord, as this suggestion only intends to ADD another form of moderation, without taking away the current one.
+1. I totally agree with the suggestion & it’s completely true. With the amount of users present on pika discord, it certainly deserves special care. Pika’s completely compromising their discord server by not paying much attention to it. This suggestion is an ideal step for it’s management. The chat’s usually either completely dead or going toxic/feral. Link spammers, general toxic users & troll/alt accounts are having dinner parties in discord chat while the staffs are busy handling the in game server making discord a last resort.
I’d love to see increase in Pika discord’s activity & witness actual conversations going in the chat instead of it being a “Help & Support” type server.

BlueOrangethenub

Pika Member
+1
I agree to this cuz there are like 1000 nons who just type rubbish for no reason + spammers, a lot of spammers.
this defo needs to be added.

CPT_ARCHER

Veteran
It's not the size of pika network that is the problem, it's the size of the staff team that it currently has. Also another factor is that current staff don't give a damn about the discord and rarely check it (with 2-3 exceptions).
Either way +1

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
Dedicating staff to moderate Discord which already has strong profanity filters and measurements to prevent it seems a waste of time to manage. I don't see how this is beneficial in any way, just for people that don't want to spend time on the server but like to have a social hangout on Discord to have a role to look fancy is how this idea looks to me.

There are only 2 things you can do in a Discord server and that's spamming or using profanity which doesn't require a whole separate team to be handled. Having someone send the same message 10 times in a row isn't really affecting anyone their experience at PikaNetwork.

_Nikki99

Staff Member
+1 Pika could really use some more staff especially in the discord server, hope this gets implemented! And puts less stress on some of the staff members in a way

_DominikPro_

Great Reporter
Username:
HyperRSmash

Suggestion:
Add Discord only staff

Detailed description:

Reason(s):

+1 this needs to be added yes it would be more organized and everything as pika is growing and there are almost no staffs that care for discord enough.

NCStylezX

Veteran
+1
I will be nominating HyperRSmash to become a Discord moderator then :)

Anuly

Veteran
Neutral
As much as I see how unmoderated discord is right now, the main factor that is causing that is sadly, the size of the current existing team. Since there are not a lot of people active, it's already hard enough for the existing active staff to take care of the in-game stuff, hence discord might go a bit unchecked. But I believe this problem could be fixed if the people who are willing to be a Discord-only staff can volunteer as an actual staff, since honestly its not that big of a difference and as Thiemo said, there's too little work to make a whole dedicated team for it. I'm up for more discussion regarding this if you think I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.