Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

What Should I learn To Be A Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enderbrine_YT99

Pika Lover
I'am now in the process of learning the html and css.

Is This suitable for me to become a Dev?

If Not what should i learn...

Unawarely

The Pika
If you want to be a minecraft Developer it's probably smart to know alot about minecraft.

xXFlareWOLF

Legendary Pika
html is good for making a website
also try learning js (JavaScript) its a really good programming language
btw html and CSS is not a programming language and if you want to move from js
you need to learn the basic of HTML and CSS

Silver Wing

The Pika
You should know how to rage
As it can happen a lot of times
Ummmm ye that's it

Disaalt

The Pika
Hey,
It mainly depends on what your trying to achieve. Python is taking over the entire world right now, so if you want a high-paid job, and want to create games, websites, etc, Python is your main choice.
HTML and CSS are really really powerful for making websites. I suggest you also check out PHP, which is also really cool.
If you want to do Minecraft Development, I suggest you check out Java. If you want to create mods, clients, etc; check out MCP, or Forge. If you want to make plugins or another sort, check out Spigot. They have an API which is really useful.

Of course, if your really good at HTML and CSS, you should stick with it for the time being. Some developers learn a bit of that language, and then quickly switch to another language, and then forgetting the first language they learnt. This is very time consuming and Web Developers are also fairly important these days.
For other programming languages, such as JavaScript, Swift, C, SQL I think you should check it out in your free time. Just try to learn 1 (Or 2 in this case, making websites, like I need to use SQL and Java to make a decent plugin) language and only switch to another when you know you've mastered it.

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
It's a great question, but there is no answer to that. It really depends on what you want to do. If you want to become a developer as a full-time job there really is no specific coding language to learn. The IT world is changing on a monthly basis, new inventions are being pushed to the market, so being a developer as a job requires you to be learning new things constantly, which I really love about (hopefully) my future job. I am currently in University studying Software Engineering, and it's though but I really enjoy learning new things or improving the old things I have made.

If your question is about how to become a Minecraft developer all you need to know is Java, if you know Java everything will be pretty straight forward since the server APIs (depends on what software you run of course) are pretty easy to understand.

There are plenty of things you can learn and do, but where you should start is all based on personal preference.

Disaalt

The Pika
It's a great question, but there is no answer to that. It really depends on what you want to do. If you want to become a developer as a full-time job there really is no specific coding language to learn. The IT world is changing on a monthly basis, new inventions are being pushed to the market, so being a developer as a job requires you to be learning new things constantly, which I really love about (hopefully) my future job. I am currently in University studying Software Engineering, and it's though but I really enjoy learning new things or improving the old things I have made.

If your question is about how to become a Minecraft developer all you need to know is Java, if you know Java everything will be pretty straight forward since the server APIs (depends on what software you run of course) are pretty easy to understand.

There are plenty of things you can learn and do, but where you should start is all based on personal preference.
Yooo LOLCODE is gonna take over the world

SezarBD

Legendary Pika
Hello Enderbrine_YT99,
Your question is not clear enough but the previous person (Disaalt & JustThiemo) answer your question very well.

In my opinion, learn how to make ai software because modern business is starting to depend on it. Programming languages like Python, Java, C++ has high importance at market. Just myself receiving quite a good amount from online freelancing.

If you want to be Minecraft developer then stick with java primarily and similar programs.

OP
OP
Enderbrine_YT99

Enderbrine_YT99

Pika Lover

Thanks For Your Helpful Comment

markiii

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Hey,
It mainly depends on what your trying to achieve. Python is taking over the entire world right now, so if you want a high-paid job, and want to create games, websites, etc, Python is your main choice.
HTML and CSS are really really powerful for making websites. I suggest you also check out PHP, which is also really cool.
If you want to do Minecraft Development, I suggest you check out Java. If you want to create mods, clients, etc; check out MCP, or Forge. If you want to make plugins or another sort, check out Spigot. They have an API which is really useful.

Of course, if your really good at HTML and CSS, you should stick with it for the time being. Some developers learn a bit of that language, and then quickly switch to another language, and then forgetting the first language they learnt. This is very time consuming and Web Developers are also fairly important these days.
For other programming languages, such as JavaScript, Swift, C, SQL I think you should check it out in your free time. Just try to learn 1 (Or 2 in this case, making websites, like I need to use SQL and Java to make a decent plugin) language and only switch to another when you know you've mastered it.
noted

Status
Not open for further replies.