Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

The moment Guildcraft got blacklisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
And they feel that some servers (GuildCraft) are P2W Or P2P. Aka Pay to win or Pay to play when they shouldn't be.

D

Deleted member 85

People making money off of Minecraft because of servers is like someone selling someone else's shit when it's still in their possession without their consent.
It's understandable why Mojang is doing this.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
*Cough* Opposite of WoW Private Servers.. Blizzard Shutting down Nostalrius...

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
They did its becayse they dont use EULA. EULA means not pay to win like pay for a rank and than you can haave better kits
Like every server... Asides from ones that don't have donate because they actually care about what the people want instead of money.

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Hmm why they want to do it.. Good question.
I think they said that some people earn too much on mc servers.

But in my opinion it is because mojang is Microsoft now, microsoft wants more money, so if they can't get it they won't allow you to get it in their place.. My personal opinion

JChan

Epic Pika
https://github.com/BlockedServers/tracker/blob/master/blockedservers
For a list of servers that got blocked, let's hope Pika doesn't get added to it, although it's a matter of time due to the insane pay to win lol.

@Admins Remove the link if you want, the link only contains IPs that have been blocked, didn't know if it was allowed or not
lmfao. I seen a lot of P2W servers that are ''more unfair'' than guild. Should I report it?
But its surprising to see guildcraft on the list (not really)

When a server becomes Blacklisted by Mojang, it means that any version since 1.7.2 will not be able to connect to the server, due to the server being Non-EULA compliant. Basically once Mojang realize that Pika is breaking the EULA, it'll be blacklisted and very few people will actually be able to come on the server. Yoeri will then be forced to remove all ranks from the store as they are now, and making them so they only have cosmetic features, so there will be no more /fly with gold rank in factions, no special kits for each rank unless they do not contain items that give you an advantage, no buying premium keys, no more selling 10 homes, faction power, Super golden apples, kits, invsee and rename, none of that is EULA compliant, so they will all have to be removed, but of course if Yoeri does not comply then RIP Pika
And most of us will be doing chargebacks :p So RIP Yoeri if this happens as probably the funds won't be enough to refund people...

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Real reason isnt pay2win. If you dont like the way the server works, you are free to leave it...

Mr.Winofeii

Epic Pika
oh okey so if the owners decrease the ranks ate we safe to play and not get black listed ??

GeeGee

Pika Lover
This is an interesting topic for me, I've been following this EULA drama since Woofless made a factions episode talking about it. Some ppl on this thread had comments like "who cares?", "why you care?", well I care because I like to play minecraft on servers and this could change many things on servers I like to play, even tho I dont play in GuildCraft. If you dont care I understand, its only a game we play after all.

I've read many comments that are ill-informed so I'm going to post the following links that contain a great deal of information for anyone who cares:

Owen Hill Director of creative communications at Mojang posts:
https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa
https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

Black List's discution on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/...gs_server_blacklist_what_it_is_and_why_its_a/

For what I've gather I cant side with either Mojang or the Server Owners, both have valid points but at the end, its Mojang's game and they can do whatever they want with it if its within the law.

Real reason isnt pay2win. If you dont like the way the server works, you are free to leave it...

This is the kind of mentality that I've found could be dangerous and be the doom of the server if mojang blacklists you. I mean you could say this to a player and get away with it, but what happens if Mojang comes and tells you "I dont like your server as It doesnt comply with the EULA" are you gonna tell them to leave too? Some owners have done something similar, ignore mojang, refuse to comply and instegate their players to complain at Mojang. What they dont realise is that this gives a legal base to Mojang to sue them.

All the blacklisted servers have recived an email from Mojang, that has been their first step, I hope that the staff or the owner decide to tell the players and keep them posted if this happens.

Good Luck, have fun!

Chinesewater

Banned
You are thinking this is the end of minecraft lol.

Mojang made rules and they want people to follow the rules, if you won't you will get punished. I didn't follow the rules and got banned for 3 weeks by Thav lol. It's not a big deal, except for that i lost alot of money because of EULA and/or pika. P2W server will get blacklisted until the p2w items will get removed, as easy as it is. You know why Hypixel and Cubecraft didn't get blacklisted? It's because you buy cosmetics and not P2W items, so it's Pika's own fault that the rules aren't followed.

GeeGee

Pika Lover
@Chinesewater lol yea, I think I get too serious with this sometimes.

To be fair those servers u mentioned are rly good and you can see how much they have invested in plugins and cool stuff for their players, giving them a huuuuge player base which gives them a room for them to survive on cosmetics. So I dont see how Pika, if it gets blacklisted, can switch to sell cosmetics with the lack of effective anticheats and faulty plugins and a smaller player base. But yea if Pika falls is its fault for having a bussiness model that doesnt adjust to the rules.

JChan

Epic Pika
Weel quoting from, (https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/)
This concerns me the most...

"You are allowed to charge players to access your server

Basically, if you’re charging for access to your server, you are selling a “ticket” and there can only be one type of ticket, regardless of how much people are willing to spend."

Like seriously? Your gonna charge kids under 18 to play on a game for kids? Grow up Mojang

GeeGee

Pika Lover
@JChanGames I think you misunderstood (Maybe im the idiot here, feel free to correct me), but what they mean is that Pika could charge players for playing on the server (pay2play), and the money goes to Pika not Mojang, so this gives the servers and option if they cant survive selling cosmetics. But this is entirely optional and unlike selling ranks it complies with the EULA.

D

Deleted member 85

it's like buying weed if people have to charge to enter a server

"lol how much is it to get in fam"
"about 20 pounds fam"
"i only got like 15 pounds"
"..."
"..."
"say no more"

JChan

Epic Pika
@JChanGames I think you misunderstood (Maybe im the idiot here, feel free to correct me), but what they mean is that Pika could charge players for playing on the server (pay2play), and the money goes to Pika not Mojang, so this gives the servers and option if they cant survive selling cosmetics. But this is entirely optional and unlike selling ranks it complies with the EULA.
I understand that but what I am saying is that if servers starts to 'ticket' their server, they would like 70% of the players as Minecraft is a game designed for kids. Do you expect kids like 8 to get paypal? Kids have already spend enough money to play Minecraft (Buying Premium if they are). Just imagine the biggest servers 'ticketing'...

GeeGee

Pika Lover
@JChanGames One of the reasons for Mojang to enforce the EULA is because little kids steal their parents credit cards and buy 200 euro ranks, then the parents call Mojang complaining. I can see how this could still happen but maybe less. If biggest servers sold tickets it would be like World of Warcraft and I dont like that system :/ but its Mojangs rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.