Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Survival's Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Do you prefer Emeralds or Money (/balance) for the economic system? emeralds it has had money in the past and usually had to be reset within the month because of lag

2) Should the ability to silk spawners be added to Survival? no this would make survival to op

3) Should Pvp be enabled, or is a Pvp Arena better? keep the pvp arena or maybe add a way to toggle pvp and have it off by default

as for suggestions i already made a thread on this http://pika-network.net/threads/suggestion-my-survival-suggestions.8930/#post-58113 and depending on how you look at it claiming in the nether not being enabled could be a bug or something that most survival players know to have always been enabled and no need to change it know that i can see

1explodecreeper

Pika Lover
1) Do you prefer Emeralds or Money (/balance) for the economic system?
I prefer Emeralds
The money system has been tried out in survival before , and every time it has ended up only making more lag because players want to make huge farms like such as sugarcane, cacti, pumpkin and melon farms and also make large iron and gold farms which kills the server because of the lag and lack of player interaction . Also when the /bal was used the only thing players seem to be concerned over was how to make the most money or how large they could make their money farm instead of just playing and surviving and wanting to explore/ build.
And players loose interest when using /bal because with the money system there is no need to go out and gather resorces because they can just go and buy it all
in /shop.

2) Should the ability to silk spawners be added to Survival?
No because it would take the point out of Survival . In Survival you should not be able to mine them you should have to build around them so adding this would be making it not Survival anymore .
Also players would pile them up in one spot and make laggy farms and players would go around silking all the spawners and there would be none left.

3) Should Pvp be enabled, or is a Pvp Arena better?
No pvp should not be enabled, just keep it in a pvp arena that way whoever wants to pvp they can and if not then they still have that option later should they want instead of just getting killed everywhere when trying to explore.
And enabling pvp would just cause more tp trapping and killing and hackers.

I would like to suggest these things added back into Survival.
color name above donators heads again http://prntscr.com/cnyq28 http://prntscr.com/cnyqr5

And in tab again http://prntscr.com/cnyoyu

Also please add /realname in Survival it is hard to report when you dont have access to that command unless you record yourself messaging that person
and add a way for new players to get a gold shovel back example add /kit starter or make /kit tool accessible to all players

Last edited:

Haoiscoll

Legendary Pika
1.) Emeralds make the server much unique than money. The bad thing is, hackers will use x-ray to find emeralds.
2.) I don't really like this idea as this is NOT OPSurvival. Maybe donators such as warlock+ will be able to mine them?
3.) Keep the pvp arena and make it toggleable whether you want to pvp in the wild or not.

yolothedino

The Emerald system will always be a more 'organic' way of trading in PvE Survival, as it promotes player interactivity and manual resource gathering. Money/net currency should only be used if safety is an issue, which shouldn't be since the server isn't PvP (as of now). Since it's PvE, trust should be a decent foundation to build emerald trading upon. Also, emerald can't be easily farmed.

I've thought of Lapis Lazuli or Gold as a possible replacement for currency, since they are fairly uncommon, is not an 'essential' ore like Diamond, and can't be directly farmed. Though that'd require quite the price adjustment.

Also, reading through most of these comments is giving me a headache, lol. Some of you guys should really improve your formatting.

xMate

Hello, I'm Suggesting adding a Parachute mod
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/parachutemod - This is how it could be crafted and all info about it.
It would be so cool and fun if it gets added because sometimes we go up to some tower and some times we need to land but we cant jump because we are going to die.. so i suggest adding this mod so we can have fun with it, Thanks.
Regards,xMate

* I hope this is the right place for the suggestion.

Hi1307

Banned
1. Money
2. Silk spawners
3. Don't make it factions just leave it as /warp pvp

Additional suggestions:
Sign shops
/trade
/wild

Hello, I'm Suggesting adding a Parachute mod
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/parachutemod - This is how it could be crafted and all info about it.
It would be so cool and fun if it gets added because sometimes we go up to some tower and some times we need to land but we cant jump because we are going to die.. so i suggest adding this mod so we can have fun with it, Thanks.
Regards,xMate

* I hope this is the right place for the suggestion.

Sorry the parachute mod is a mod, not a Spigot plugin.

Last edited:

xMate

1. Money
2. Silk spawners
3. Don't make it factions just leave it as /warp pvp

Additional suggestions:
Sign shops
/trade
/wild

Sorry the parachute mod is a mod, not a Spigot plugin.

You mean there is no Possiblity that it can be made in any way even as a plugin ?

ali99

Epic Pika
also make survival 10.1

t=im all hype for the/ah system regardless emeralds or money being used

MrBas666

Veteran
1) stay on Emerald will good because people can get emerald also from mining as a treasure gift , but balance economy also good but we saw many balance hackers in kitpvp before so its can ruin the game play ..then emerald trading is as like real-trading, you giving real items(emerald) for buy a real items but balance is so much digital , but you can add auction system and there currency will be also emerald .

2)Silk Spawners ability not so good because its not skyblock/others..its survival every games have some of his own color/system , if we add silk spawner that some of guy will ruin game play by silking near all spawner and its wont fun then making xp farm with many spawners mean huge xp farm= huge lag... but we can add spawners in crates but they will so much rare for earn ( we can add 1-3 spawner in rare crate chance 2/3% then 2/4 spawner for premium crate , winning chance 5-8% then 3/5 spawner by rare key , chance 8-15%) . as a result people will give/make more daily vote for win a spawner )

3)Pvp arena better , because if u make pvp enable or enable pvp at out side of claim that game play system will be change, I write before that every game have its own color and system... > bad impact: flyer/high rank donator will always kill lower ranks and they will destroy the real fun of survival...we should keep a thing in our mind its not faction , its survival.. ( we think that survival as a world, [[biome = country, find a new biom is as like find/get a new land, this land have his own soil , own weather, own nature ...then we live in this whole survival(world) together..we dont want to fight with each other but there have some bad guys they kill other they destroy other peoples house, griefing,cheating,hacking, < we can call them as a criminal and our staff always ready for prevent them as like a police/army..its the real environment of survival , so Pvp Arena better ( for who want a fight and think that he is a hero he can show his heroic skill in pvp arena) Then Pvp be enable= survival wont be a Non-pvp server any more it will be a pvp server , but we want survival as a non pvp server)

exactly!

pederana

1) Do you prefer Emeralds or Money (/balance) for the economic system?
-Emeralds are better
2) Should the ability to silk spawners be added to Survival?
-Yes
3) Should Pvp be enabled, or is a Pvp Arena better?
-Pvp Arena is better

leaf26

Legendary Pika
There's definitely a parachute plugin using chicken mechanics. I watched it in use on another server.

CookieeMonstaa

1) Emeralds
2) No
3) Pvp Arena.

Can you also redo the plugin where we can put [Private] signs on doors to stop others from opening. People keep killing dogs inside houses.

OP
OP
Thav01

Thav01

Veteran
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Survival will be closed till Updates are finished. The expected time that it should be opened to players again is Sunday Evening/Monday. (Not a certain time). Note, the maximum amount of time it will stay closed for would be 1 week.

Closing the thread to allow my messages to be more conveniently read.

Regards,
Head-Admin Thav01.

Draegoner

Veteran
Many of the arguments against using /bal is that in the past many people have made massive lag farms for money. If we disabled the option to sell those kind of farmable items(melons/cactus) would you like to use bal then?

Secondly, if we made silk touching spawners available to buy or get using keys. And we made it so only donators could silk touch them. Would you like it then? That way they wont all run out that fast, and you can buy using ingame currency if you dont find one (well make it a reasonable price).

Thread reopened for discussion.

MrBas666

Veteran
Many of the arguments against using /bal is that in the past many people have made massive lag farms for money. If we disabled the option to sell those kind of farmable items(melons/cactus) would you like to use bal then?

Secondly, if we made silk touching spawners available to buy or get using keys. And we made it so only donators could silk touch them. Would you like it then? That way they wont all run out that fast, and you can buy using ingame currency if you dont find one (well make it a reasonable price).

No keep the emeralds why fix a system thats perfectly fine, and on the spawners i think it would be cool but not good for survival itself so my opinion is: no bal, no silk spawners :p

Hi1307

Banned
I on the fence about using a /bal system. But if a trade system could be implemented, then go for /bal.

Currently player shops involve lots of hoppers and stuff. Using a /bal system could simplify shops using chest/sign shops.

Silk spawners for donators will be good, but the price shouldn't be too expensive, or the donators will sell to the fighters and become even richer.

RaVo

Legendary Pika

/sell:
Why not just fully disable /sell? I think that trading with players is better then trading with the server...

silking spawners:
Players could just ask a them to mine a spawner(like with /fix). Farms would become simpler as you could move the spawners to other(better) locations, even other dimentions. I could use water in a blaze farm and things like that. allot of players would have alot of spawner in a small area.. It would just be Op...

I on the fence about using a /bal system. But if a trade system could be implemented, then go for /bal.

Currently player shops involve lots of hoppers and stuff. Using a /bal system could simplify shops using chest/sign shops.

Silk spawners for donators will be good, but the price shouldn't be too expensive, or the donators will sell to the fighters and become even richer.

But the point of survival is that you got to do stuff!!! Chest shops would be super cheap, You could make them in the first minit of the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.