Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Survival's Economic Depression

Do you want the prices to be fixed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaftPunk5963

Pika Member
Long story short: Pika Survival is literally going through the 1930's Great depression.

Someone who has never studied economics set the price of the items in shop and jacked them way high up, and emeralds have no current value anymore. A Fortune 3 book for example is about 30k emeralds and those emeralds alone take up around 1 and a half double chests. Back then, (2014 or 2015) a Fortune 3 book was about 2 stacks of emeralds, not blocks.

Everything has been inflated in price in the server to the point where a block of sand goes for 3 emeralds. I suggest the staff that are responsible or are in charge of this do a major fix in the next upcoming season.

A lot of people in survival have resorted to not buying anything at all, they must find ALL materials themselves in the wild

Crucial
• Make sure there's a standard price and standard price payouts for voting/challenges etc.
• One example is this, 5 blocks of diamonds would usually go for 1.5x or 2x the amount in emeralds. Which would be around 75-90 emeralds total. Make sure the prices are fixed and whenever someone votes, only set them to 32 ems as it was before. I got 700 ems before from voting
• The Pika market should be regulated, a standard fair price

Examples would be:
1 Diamond Block = 10-15 ems
64 Wooden Logs = 8-14 ems
64 Stone = 9-15 ems

kaylee

Veteran
remember when they raised the price of chips from 25 cents to 50? damn those money hungry communists!

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
A lot of people in survival have resorted to not buying anything at all, they must find ALL materials themselves in the wild

This is what it is supposed to be. It is Survival, get your own resources. It is not about money.

OP
OP
DaftPunk5963

DaftPunk5963

Pika Member
This is what it is supposed to be. It is Survival, get your own resources. It is not about money.
The heart of survival is bartering and trading, its been that way for a long time and every since 2015. I have yet to trade with anyone because they either don't have the money for it or don't have the materiala

kaylee

Veteran
The heart of survival is bartering and trading, its been that way for a long time and every since 2015. I have yet to trade with anyone because they either don't have the money for it or don't have the materiala
gotttttta go mine orrrrr exploree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jestyr

Pika Lover
In all fairness, in survival... there should be no /shop. Sell on /ah if you have something to sell.. but this is survival... you are supposed to get your own stuff. If /shop is messed up or does not exist, maybe folks might set up shops of their own like in the old days?

WeAreFamily

Legendary Pika
I agree with this thread because now no one in survival is really playing survival they are not going with the aim of the gamemode.

oOmeerOo

Veteran
How ever it is easy to say "go mine" when you have multiple donator accounts (I have 2 warlocks so I do get some perks) that get bombarded with emerald blocks and other staff such as but not limited to: enchantment books, enchanted armor and weapon. We should look at these from a normal players perspective.

Jestyr

Pika Lover
Our server is set on "easy". It is not difficult for a normal player with no /kits to do the basic survival thing and mine up all they need. I don't use any kits and I'm usually in diamond armor and enchanting things by the end of the first day of play. It's not difficult.

kaylee

Veteran
How ever it is easy to say "go mine" when you have multiple donator accounts (I have 2 warlocks so I do get some perks) that get bombarded with emerald blocks and other staff such as but not limited to: enchantment books, enchanted armor and weapon. We should look at these from a normal players perspective.
i mean,,, i was a fighter on pika for three or four resets. its hella easy to get the crap you need. pretty much the only perk that changes how i play is the fly command and kits. (i dont rlly use my kits anyways, theyre just armour so whats the point)

oOmeerOo

Veteran
i mean,,, i was a fighter on pika for three or four resets. its hella easy to get the crap you need. pretty much the only perk that changes how i play is the fly command and kits. (i dont rlly use my kits anyways, theyre just armour so whats the point)
they are not just armors anymore kaylee, some kits give you keys or some op items that you can't afford normally or atleast majority of players can't..

Status
Not open for further replies.