Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

[Survival] Global chat language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoopless

Veteran
Hello,

Today it got me irritating that people talk all kind of languages in the public chat. Of course we do allow them but i would like to say that we can speak English in public chat and if you need to talk to each other, you guys can do /msg <message> or any other message commands.

i know i do it by myself, but i will watch on it, it gets irritating more and more.

Just a suggestion:
Make a rule for English language in public channel in survival.

Example:
99e3810b612548c4b3d2ab8525314049.png

Lars_1511

Everyone has their own language and you can't tell people to speak a language which they can't speak.

Lazy_DC

Pika Member
Everyone has their own language and you can't tell people to speak a language which they can't speak.
You have a fair point there, but in order to communicate with the majority, you need to know the basics words like "yes", "no", "I am leaving" etc. It doesn't hurt to know something more than your mother tongue.

MouraThat

Veteran
I think your missing the point
We are saying that making some plugin or some restrcitions wouldnt do any harm

Last edited:

DirkieXP

Banned
I personally think it gets denied everytime because:

it will be an insanely big job for all staffmembers to constantly check the chat for other languages. You can not stop the players from talking their own language, pika will just become a prison.

Although I get irritated, I just mute the players that talk other languages.

RaVo

Legendary Pika
But then you wont even see them say your name...

ali99

Epic Pika
why wont u let people talk in their language?
this is stupid
what if someone doesnt know how to speak english or isnt very good at it?
think about others before making a decision deny this...

OP
OP
Hoopless

Hoopless

Veteran
why wont u let people talk in their language?
this is stupid
think about others before making a decision deny this...
So lets say for example "ali is een droogkloot" you don't know what i mean, but i said your name, isn't that irritating? or isn't that irritating if someone says another language to you and you can't understand it or that he says random stuff while there is a command "/msg" global chat used to be English, now it is all kind of languages.

And btw, English can be learned, they just have to follow the course.

ali99

Epic Pika
So lets say for example "ali is een droogkloot" you don't know what i mean, but i said your name, isn't that irritating? or isn't that irritating if someone says another language to you and you can't understand it or that he says random stuff while there is a command "/msg" global chat used to be English, now it is all kind of languages.

And btw, English can be learned, they just have to follow the course.

learn the art of ignoring

Rejoy

As I already said, use a plugin which has different chat rooms for different languages... this just fixes all the problems about languages in chat..

Status
Not open for further replies.