Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

[Survival] Global chat language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoopless

Veteran
Hello,

Today it got me irritating that people talk all kind of languages in the public chat. Of course we do allow them but i would like to say that we can speak English in public chat and if you need to talk to each other, you guys can do /msg <message> or any other message commands.

i know i do it by myself, but i will watch on it, it gets irritating more and more.

Just a suggestion:
Make a rule for English language in public channel in survival.

Example:
99e3810b612548c4b3d2ab8525314049.png

OP
OP
Hoopless

Hoopless

Veteran
This has been suggested and denied numerous times.
If that is the case, i want to know the reason behind all those denied suggestions. It seems going more and more on other servers also included. something with "Global language" could improve our server w/ everybody understanding everything what is public.

I mean, i don't mean to punish people for it, just asking if they could get a watch by it. Like saying it in public chat that we only speak English here and than we would like to keep it that way.

Olo_

Banned
The worst thing about this, is that sometimes you don't know if it's negative behaviour / racism or something like that because you don't speak that particular language.

MouraThat

Veteran
Id like to suggest Dutch/English language now i know guys you might think im racist saying no arabic or spanish etc.. But its just those are the main languages and the chat does look bad
Implemting something like this seems good

MODY_10

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Ik this is impossible but can't make a plugin that transform all languages to English so all will understand the other :p

MouraThat

Veteran
The worst thing about this, is that sometimes you don't know if it's negative behaviour / racism or something like that because you don't speak that particular language.
Also true , i suggested this a while back but i dont think its fair that you can swear in sweedish or some obsure language to someone

Jeston01

Pika Member
maybe add a translator on the chat?? that makes other language english? idk if that's even possible

SezarBD

Legendary Pika
There is client sided translation mod already. Just Google it

RaVo

Legendary Pika
Lets say 5 (non-english)persons want to chat about there plans, only English is allowed in chat, there is no group chat and 5 players cant all msg... They would be forced to use a other program just to chat..(like skype/irc/ts3). This is a anoying way to chat if you do not have dual monitors(unless you use voice chat)...

OP
OP
Hoopless

Hoopless

Veteran
Lets say 5 (non-english)persons want to chat about there plans, only English is allowed in chat, there is no group chat and 5 players cant all msg... They would be forced to use a other program just to chat..(like skype/irc/ts3). This is a anoying way to chat if you do not have dual monitors(unless you use voice chat)...

Reaction:
If you want to talk to your friends on survival server and you are with 5 people, use some other things, discord, teamspeak, Skype, slack and you have a lot more ways to communicate. buying a microphone cost around 5 euro (on USA Amazon, a lot of people can ship to there country, not that hard.). Its not just for Pika-Network than, its also for yourself you can meet more people in public discord, you can go and make new friends. learn English so you can talk in the pika-network global chat.

If you gonna talk on another server in pika-network, there is group chat. might be better if we find out if it can also be in survival (other program than "factions").

I know your point, but if you talk into pubic you would be better if everyone understand you right? for example: I am going to talk dutch and use the word "RaVo" what would it be than, you ask for the translation, search on google but google doesn't really any kind of dutch language, only one kind of language. You don't know if its bad or good or just informative. with my 5 friends who are dutch.

RaVo

Legendary Pika
Reaction:
If you want to talk to your friends on survival server and you are with 5 people, use some other things, discord, teamspeak, Skype, slack and you have a lot more ways to communicate. buying a microphone cost around 5 euro (on USA Amazon, a lot of people can ship to there country, not that hard.). Its not just for Pika-Network than, its also for yourself you can meet more people in public discord, you can go and make new friends. learn English so you can talk in the pika-network global chat.

If you gonna talk on another server in pika-network, there is group chat. might be better if we find out if it can also be in survival (other program than "factions").

I know your point, but if you talk into pubic you would be better if everyone understand you right? for example: I am going to talk dutch and use the word "RaVo" what would it be than, you ask for the translation, search on google but google doesn't really any kind of dutch language, only one kind of language. You don't know if its bad or good or just informative. with my 5 friends who are dutch.
I am Dutch, bad example:p(But I do agree)
Still, I dont think that pika should make it punnishable if they dont have a other ingame solution like /f chat.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
This would be good but alot of people (Of course this is the main one) think its offensive... I type in random languages even if i don't speak them ( Ex ঐপোূ োস গ েোবগলুয় ) But as Devi said it has been denied before which is saddening. I get it they can talk in whatever they want but if its like 6 people all in chat saying something in Bangla who's going to understand what they want? And it will be hard for others to talk to each other.

Rejoy

Can u guys create a plugin in which there are different types of chat rooms for different languages?
That would be an ez solution for this

MouraThat

Veteran
Everyone who dislikes this is because they think we are being racist
well we are not so seriously get a grip
All we are saying is that English/Dutch is the most commonly taklked language other servers do it , but you dont like it when your getting called horrible stuff in another language?
At least this way say someone is saying somthing rude you can actually report them
Cause lets say someone says like f u rocky in polish i wont understand it and therefore i couldnt report it to staff

Olo_

Banned
Everyone who dislikes this is because they think we are being racist
well we are not so seriously get a grip
All we are saying is that English/Dutch is the most commonly taklked language other servers do it , but you dont like it when your getting called horrible stuff in another language?
At least this way say someone is saying somthing rude you can actually report them
Cause lets say someone says like f u rocky in polish i wont understand it and therefore i couldnt report it to staff
JESTEŚ CH*JEM ROCKY

I speak polish, please don't take this seriously <3 just juk

MouraThat

Veteran
JESTEŚ CH*JEM ROCKY

I speak polish, please don't take this seriously <3 just juk
Well there we go if someone said that in chat id think your just saying something nice or normal xD

Slendyy

Veteran
That's Portuguese, and there's nothing bad in their language don't worry. They are just people who don't know how to speak english and they use their own language.
They were just trading Skype names.

Status
Not open for further replies.