Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Suggestion: Make the Classic Skyblock economy better

Status
Not open for further replies.

LtDeluxe

Legendary Pika
Suggestion:
Make the Classic Skyblock economy better

Detailed description:
So if you play classic sky block regularly you would've noticed by now that the server is based on a factions economy, spawners are the main source of money. For a sky block server to have an economy where the main source of money is spawners is sad. I also wanted to point out that spawners such squids cause a lot of lag since they're not really stacked and keep on spawning over and over. The staff has been trying to fix the amount of lag on islands caused by spawners by just raising the spawner value higher and higher, which is not the solution to this problem. To fix this you need to raise the value of farm items such as carrots, melons, pumpkins, cactus, seeds and etc. to encourage the players to build farms that don't cause as much lag as squids spawners, the main source of money right now on the server.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Classic Skyblock

Reason:
Increasing the value of farm items will not also help with the economy and lag, but it will also help the members that are trying to get some money and not trying to spend hours grinding blazes. If you are going to argue that spawners take long to get and pay up after time, take a look at how long it takes to build a nice efficient farm and at the end of the road it is a sky block server, not a factions one.

Example:
Match the value of farm items to ink sacks or at least increase the value that farm items sell for because they are very low and they really need to make it look like a sky block server economy, not a factions one

~ Logically ~

Banned
Indeed i would like Classic Skyblock's Economy to be better and improved, But it has already had some small changes in prices since the last reset.

By The Way
@~ Logically ~
Would you stop spreading so much negativity on the forums!
(Warned)

Kinda what I do. And you really didn't need to add the bold lettering and the (Warned). I got your memo.

Draegoner

Veteran
"To fix this you need to raise the value of farm items such as carrots, melons, pumpkins, cactus, seeds and etc. to encourage the players to build farms that don't cause as much lag as squids spawners, the main source of money right now on the server."
People end up making absolutely massive farms for these items that's why the price is low. To stop people from making them. People don't make an effort to use redstone or hoppers in a server friendly way. This is why ore generators were introduced.
Do you have any other suggestions to make money instead of spawners?

OP
OP
LtDeluxe

LtDeluxe

Legendary Pika
"To fix this you need to raise the value of farm items such as carrots, melons, pumpkins, cactus, seeds and etc. to encourage the players to build farms that don't cause as much lag as squids spawners, the main source of money right now on the server."
People end up making absolutely massive farms for these items that's why the price is low. To stop people from making them. People don't make an effort to use redstone or hoppers in a server friendly way. This is why ore generators were introduced.
Do you have any other suggestions to make money instead of spawners?

Well, it's either lag the server with spawners or with farms. The real question is which one makes more lag?

The server right now is standing on nothing, the only way to get proper money as a member is by reselling stuff, that's just sad.
The thing is with farms is that you are going to get nowhere by just spending 30 mins working on the farm you really need to spend hours upon hours to increase the rates that the items drop. Spawners are another thing, it's an outgoing cycle that doesn't stop and keeps multiplying by just selling and not putting any effort on making it big or even doing anything. Just saying...

thepoisonivyy

Legendary Pika
Maybe that's the point of the game.. To spend hours to build something great, instead of instantly being op ;3 otherwise players would just easily "beat" the game.

@Draegoner - Instead of changing the prices, how about improve the trading system of each player? Give the members a good trading system without requiring them to tp to another island.

1. /trade command- reduces chances of getting scammed.

2. Improve Auction House - if they could list a specific item in ah that can store more than 1 stack per list, that would be awesome. Ive seen this auction house somewhere in youtube, I just dont know the plugin because I am not familiar with it. This would prevent /ah from being flooded and it will allow players to make something similar to an "online store" :p

Lemmony Yellow

Pika Lover
Why not just ignore the hateful people instead of replying to them? They feed off your reactions.

Draegoner

Veteran
Well, it's either lag the server with spawners or with farms. The real question is which one makes more lag?

The server right now is standing on nothing, the only way to get proper money as a member is by reselling stuff, that's just sad.
The thing is with farms is that you are going to get nowhere by just spending 30 mins working on the farm you really need to spend hours upon hours to increase the rates that the items drop. Spawners are another thing, it's an outgoing cycle that doesn't stop and keeps multiplying by just selling and not putting any effort on making it big or even doing anything. Just saying...
All I see here is you stating problems but no possible solutions so I don't know what to reply.

Maybe that's the point of the game.. To spend hours to build something great, instead of instantly being op ;3 otherwise players would just easily "beat" the game.

@Draegoner - Instead of changing the prices, how about improve the trading system of each player? Give the members a good trading system without requiring them to tp to another island.

1. /trade command- reduces chances of getting scammed.

2. Improve Auction House - if they could list a specific item in ah that can store more than 1 stack per list, that would be awesome. Ive seen this auction house somewhere in youtube, I just dont know the plugin because I am not familiar with it. This would prevent /ah from being flooded and it will allow players to make something similar to an "online store" :p

Both of those suggestions aren't really tackling this "issue" of the current spawner based economy on CSB (by suggesting alternative economic systems). But theyre good suggestions that can be implemented pretty easily.

OP
OP
LtDeluxe

LtDeluxe

Legendary Pika
All I see here is you stating problems but no possible solutions so I don't know what to reply.
So its either make farm items go for a higher price or lower the price of spawers (dont recomnend too much lag)

Status
Not open for further replies.