Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Scanned Global [RULE] Doxing Offenses

This suggestion is currently under review. Please note that this does not guarantee it is going to be accepted. Also, note that the reviewing process may take a long time.

iFlyYT

Minecraft username:
iFlyYT​

Suggestion:
[RULE] Doxing Offenses​

Detailed description:
Doxing is a criminal offense, I am here suggesting to modify the rule offense. I am not sure if it is a good idea to go for a perm ban, or maybe a year's ban. I understand that PikaNetwork does not allow appealing (unless the ban is false), so I can understand if the management team is hesitant on perm bans, however there is good reasons (listed below) on why it should be more strict.

So ideally either a 1 year ban, or a perm ban.​

Reason(s):
Doxing is not a fun experience, not many go through it but those who do, do not wish to stay in the community. People usually dox to either make fun of people, or to intimidate them. People tend to use the online world to escape reality, whilst it may not be the ideal way, their wishes should still be respected and for their information to be released instantly for the whole world to see.

People tend to leave communities due to doxing, meaning it causes an issue directly to the Network. Being apart of a community that can contain many doxers is not a healthy thing, and is highly discouraged by those of sane mind. People often get away with doxing offenses, as it is quite difficult to prove at times (as people do it anonymously), but not only that but people tend to not enjoy reporting doxers (as you also need to send that information to staff members, which causes issues as well)

Furthermore, having a community that can dox and come back within 3 months is not a healthy community. Thinking that you can cheat and have the same offense to doxing, which by the way is a criminal offense, is.. well not ideal in my opinion! So yes. Doxing itself cannot be taken back.

Simple reasoning, without all that text, is:

keep in mind doxing is a criminal offense
keep in mind doxing makes people leave communities
keep in mind doxing does not make a good community
keep in mind doxing cannot be taken back​

Example(s):
You can either change it to a year ban, or perm ban. I'd prefer a perm ban.

^ Example of offenses, not sure what other examples are needed.​

JustSuperiorr

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
JustSuperiorr
Neutral
Doxxing is against the Discord ToS, so I believe it should be permanent over there. However, I do think it's important that people have second chances.

OP
OP
iFlyYT

iFlyYT

Neutral
Doxxing is against the Discord ToS, so I believe it should be permanent over there. However, I do think it's important that people have second chances.
Thats actually a really good point!! I like this. Yes, doxing is against the ToS. I forgot about that. I do think it is important to give second chances, but doxing is quite severe.

So maybe a 1 year ban?

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
IGN
RyanDoesPvP
Hello dear sir, the doxxing rule has went through many changes up to this point, i simply don't understand why this is necessary.

As for people getting doxxed, here are some TIPS to not get doxxed :
Don't join the Pika Giveaways with your actual Instagram/Twitter accounts
Don't click on suspicious links which could get you ratted
Don't give useful information to someone you have little trust in

And as for the rule changes, 30-90d bans are alright, 365 days are over the top

What i would like to add is that doxxing/ddos threats should be bundled with ingame punishments, so if you doxx someone on Discord, you get banned ingame and on discord, and vice versa.

The point i am trying to make is EDUCATE YOUR PLAYERS TO NOT GET DOXXED, i don't think someone who is doxxing is gonna use their main account to orchestrate the dox
As for the "cyber criminal offense " line, i think its very dumb, it shows that you lacked some lines in this paragraph so you resorted to slide it in for bonus "knowledge" points

And again, you are an amoeba lil bro

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
if you doxx someone on Discord, you get banned ingame and on discord, and vice versa.
Not everyone got their account linked, that means its hard(er) to punish on both platforms. And not fair for everyone that decided to link their account.

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
IGN
RyanDoesPvP
Not everyone got their account linked, that means its hard(er) to punish on both platforms. And not fair for everyone that decided to link their account.
How is it not fair for everyone? We are talking about doxxing bans, you get what you deserve, the main thing here in my opinion is educating your community how NOT to get yourself doxxed, not just shell longer bans and act as if that will fix the problem of doxxers, cause if someone wants to doxx, best believe they will use an alt, or something else. Remember that you can't really know when someone is ban evading on discord

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
IGN
RyanDoesPvP
Doxing is not a fun experience, not many go through it but those who do, do not wish to stay in the community.
As someone who played Factions, getting doxed is a part of the game, and whoever did go through it certainly has not left the factions community, as for the other snowflake gamemodes, alright i can see them leaving.

Pikachoo

Great Reporter
IGN
DemonicPika
Hello dear sir, the doxxing rule has went through many changes up to this point, i simply don't understand why this is necessary.

What i would like to add is that doxxing/ddos threats should be bundled with ingame punishments, so if you doxx someone on Discord, you get banned ingame and on discord, and vice versa.

The point i am trying to make is EDUCATE YOUR PLAYERS TO NOT GET DOXXED, i don't think someone who is doxxing is gonna use their main account to orchestrate the dox
As for the "cyber criminal offense " line, i think its very dumb, it shows that you lacked some lines in this paragraph so you resorted to slide it in for bonus "knowledge" points

And again, you are an amoeba lil b

Yes I agree how can I be best skypvp when everyone is a snowflake

CallMeDqrkneZz

Legendary Pika
Hello sir, the doxxing rule has went through many changes up to this point, i simply don't understand why this is necessary.

____Clown

Great Reporter
Hello sir, the doxxing rule has went through many changes up to this point, i simply don't understand why this is necessary.

copying and pasting other people's replies is against rules

OP
OP
iFlyYT

iFlyYT

As someone who played Factions, getting doxed is a part of the game, and whoever did go through it certainly has not left the factions community, as for the other snowflake gamemodes, alright i can see them leaving.
Youre the kind of person who would deserve such a ban. Being doxed is not apart of the gamemode? Thats like saying murder is apart of life, as if it was a normal thing that should not be punished.
Agreed
EDUCATE YOUR PLAYERS TO NOT GET DOXXED
No offense but thats not a solution....

For something that results into people leaving the community? No thank you. I'd rather risk 1 person leaving the community, than 5 because they got doxed

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
IGN
RyanDoesPvP
Youre the kind of person who would deserve such a ban. Being doxed is not apart of the gamemode? Thats like saying murder is apart of life, as if it was a normal thing that should not be punished.
Hello dear Jartexian, you can not accuse me of such things without proof, being doxed is a part of the gamemode, of it wasn't it wouldn't happen as frequently, and frankly you can't compare murders, which is imo disrespectful to the dead opps.

No offense but thats not a solution....
Why not, you said this below , so my question is :
People tend to use the online world to escape reality, whilst it may not be the ideal way, their wishes should still be respected and for their information to be released instantly for the whole world to see.
How you gone claim you are escaping reality, when you are leaking info about you here and there, take in Pika Network's instagram giveaways, why are you leaving your real name on the giveaways? It takes 5 secs to make another instagram account, boom you just protected yourself from a potential dox.
If your wish is to escape reality, you should make sure your information doesn't get leaked.

For something that results into people leaving the community? No thank you. I'd rather risk 1 person leaving the community, than 5 because they got doxed
I'll become repetitive again, but how do you think this will make the person (doxxer) leave the comm? Best case scenario they will leave for 2 weeks and come on an alt and start playing again, getting a ranked account for free is rather easy, and besides, most doxes are on discord, and as someone who got doxed before, i did not get directly get contacted by the person, it was their ALT ACCOUNT.
So now as i said, my solution to this is teaching your community HOW TO PROTECT THEIR PRIVACY ON THE INTERNET if their wish is to stay anonymous.

OP
OP
iFlyYT

iFlyYT

which is imo disrespectful to the dead opps
Youre welcome to your own opinion, though I completely disagree with it.
why are you leaving your real name on the giveaways
That is not doxing... doxing depends on specific elements. For example lets say I shared my full name with my dear friend @MrEpiko. MrEpiko can joke around about my full name but the second he mentions it to @Arrly, MrEpiko has doxed as I would've mentioned it in a private environment. But if I sent the message in public chat, on the PikaNetwork Discord, and someone shared that? Now that's not doxing! As you declared it publicly. My name is Liam, I'm not going to get you banned if you tell someone else that iFlyYT's name is Liam. That would be ridiculous.
If your wish is to escape reality, you should make sure your information doesn't get leaked
I honestly believe you do have some good points, I like the fact you suggested to have a page that assists people in being safe online. I'm not sure if you completely grasp what doxing is though. For example if someone searched your (public) email up in a databreach, and found your full name, I'd consider that doxing because even whilst it was public, it was intended to be private and secure. If you however made a website called RyanDoesPvP (having your IGN) and then shown a picture of yourself on that website, it was you who made that connection to the site (by using your Minecraft username), and doxed yourself.

I do agree that if your definition of doxing was the correct one, my suggestion would sound completely stupid. I'd actually suggest doxing to be removed instead if that was the definition of doxing.
Best case scenario they will leave for 2 weeks and come on an alt and start playing again
Speaking from experience, those who dox have some community standing, and with that in mind, it is stupidly easy to find those people. There is a small category of people, who are new to a server and dox immediately after getting upset, whilst admittedly a bit harder to find, still quite easy. We've got basic methods such as IPs, pikaseen and such but there is also a few other methods, which I can't specifically say here, but I do expect Pika to know how to find such a person evading with 100% accuracy.