Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Report System

• Thread starter Deleted member 100142
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 100142

Minecraft Username
KleinWunder

Suggestion:
Report System

Detailed description:
The report system includes several report types.
Chatreports (/chatreport [player]). The last 10 messages of the reported player get saved and attached to the report.
Live Reports (/livereport [player]). As soon as a player gets reported multiple times in one game, staff gets notified to jump to that exact game to review the cheater themselfes. This report type should be for cheating only at is is or should be the most severe offense.
Regular Reports (/report [player] [reason]). Regular Reports that can contain multiple reasons from Crossteaming to inappropriate Skin/Name/Cape, Trolling, Abuse of Bugs/Exploits etc.​

Reason(s):
There are over 1000 users online per day. It's normal that there are many people that don't obey the servers rules. Reporting them one by one through the discord or the forums is just annoying for the legit players.
This system would give a small sense of justice, knowing that the staff will review the player's behaviour. All you need to do is run a command.

I find it very disappointing that if I have a rule-breaker in my game and don't have a replay or recording, the player will most likely play many other rounds without getting banned.
I see no real downsides to this system as it is common to be implemented on larger servers.​

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 100142

And this "oH tHe StAfF wiLl GeT sPaMmEd" thing that is abused as a reason to deny the suggestion:
You are a staff-member for a reason. If you can't organize your chat or manage your tasks properly, you most likely should not have a rank.

I don't mean this as an insult, but your reasoning for denial are more than lame.

Also "players will abuse it"
You can apply this to almost every suggestion. Not even mentioning staff-abuse, which is possible but you don't have to expect the worst.

Also if the report-system can be abused to hard why don't block abusive players from reporting? Or add a "correct-report-rate" which determines if a report gets priority or not?

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
The report system includes several report types.
Chatreports (/chatreport [player]). The last 10 messages of the reported player get saved and attached to the report.
Live Reports (/livereport [player]). As soon as a player gets reported multiple times in one game, staff gets notified to jump to that exact game to review the cheater themselfes. This report type should be for cheating only at is is or should be the most severe offense.
Regular Reports (/report [player] [reason]). Regular Reports that can contain multiple reasons from Crossteaming to inappropriate Skin/Name/Cape, Trolling, Abuse of Bugs/Exploits etc.
Nice and long suggestion. so i am going to explain my perspective toward it.

1. a /report thread has been accepted by the owner, but will not be implement soon
  2. player responsibility. If a player has report in forum, he need to capture the hack evidence and report it which will lower the chance of troll report. Second of all, there won't have any responsibility for player to troll reoprt, they can just spam the same /report.
  3. there should only have /report commend. /chatreport, /livereport should not be a thing. Why?
1. most of the pika player is a new player from minecraft, so they know nothing about command, they will just use /report instead of other reports type.
2. You are right that many player will abuse it. PIka is different from hypix*l, pika player is more noob than hypix*l. If you combo a player, or just destory him in pvp, most of them will hackusate you which = to 1 false report. If just a Pro pvper and destroy all player, imagine how many report will be there.
3. Staff activity. Ok, now the staff team is not that big enough to implement this suggestion. If this later implement, then there will have some popular phrase.
1. omg i already reported this hacker for literally 1 hours ago. Why he is still not getting ban!!!!!
2. staff in pika is just trash, i reported thousands of report and there still have hackers!
3. (when they saw a staff member in lobby or ingame) Staff why are you here? you should be banning hacker right? you are not doing your job well. this staff SUCKS.
that is what the future chat will be.
4. last but not least,
"correct-report-rate"
this is just making things complicated.
I can say that, later if pika implements it, then there will have tons of player reporting (no matter is false, or not) staff can't) and staff can't catch up the report speed. If this situations happen, then it just = to the /report will be erase soon.

TTHM

Configurator
Developer
Nice and long suggestion. so i am going to explain my perspective toward it.

1. a /report thread has been accepted by the owner, but will not be implement soon
  2. player responsibility. If a player has report in forum, he need to capture the hack evidence and report it which will lower the chance of troll report. Second of all, there won't have any responsibility for player to troll reoprt, they can just spam the same /report.
  3. there should only have /report commend. /chatreport, /livereport should not be a thing. Why?
1. most of the pika player is a new player from minecraft, so they know nothing about command, they will just use /report instead of other reports type.
2. You are right that many player will abuse it. PIka is different from hypix*l, pika player is more noob than hypix*l. If you combo a player, or just destory him in pvp, most of them will hackusate you which = to 1 false report. If just a Pro pvper and destroy all player, imagine how many report will be there.
3. Staff activity. Ok, now the staff team is not that big enough to implement this suggestion. If this later implement, then there will have some popular phrase.
1. omg i already reported this hacker for literally 1 hours ago. Why he is still not getting ban!!!!!
2. staff in pika is just trash, i reported thousands of report and there still have hackers!
3. (when they saw a staff member in lobby or ingame) Staff why are you here? you should be banning hacker right? you are not doing your job well. this staff SUCKS.
that is what the future chat will be.
4. last but not least,

this is just making things complicated.
I can say that, later if pika implements it, then there will have tons of player reporting (no matter is false, or not) staff can't) and staff can't catch up the report speed. If this situations happen, then it just = to the /report will be erase soon.
Agree

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
+1
But it got accepted.....
....wait ig then it got denied???
a /report suggestion got accepted like a month before.
And i asked justthiemo and he said won't be short in implementing /report

79lb

Legendary Pika
coreprotect has possibility to look up chats, not sure, if Pika is using coreprotect or not.

uhm, i'll just start wasting staffs time with my friends reporting legit players <3

instead of having numerous amounts of reports command, narrow it all down to one.

There are over 1000 users online per day. It's normal that there are many people that don't obey the servers rules. Reporting them one by one through the discord or the forums is just annoying for the legit players.
agreed, even if staff is online, all they say is "record & report" while they're being extremely inactive or doing nothing at all, specially at practice.

3. Staff activity. Ok, now the staff team is not that big enough to implement this suggestion.
I agree, through discord server it seems like Pika has lots of staff members, but in reality, I've seen max 5 online and mostly they're all in the same server..

it'd be nice to see this kind of system but you know, we never know the future.

best of luck getting this accepted tho

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
I agree, through discord server it seems like Pika has lots of staff members, but in reality, I've seen max 5 online and mostly they're all in the same server..
most of the staff member is more active than you thought, as they can vanish and you can't check whether they are on in /staff.
the best example is captain(the admin), I saw him always on, but he just nicked and vanished in /staff, but when there is a hacker ingame(mostly skywar) he will catch and ban them.

CloudAP

Veteran
You already answered your question. :p

like I said, this was implemented before. It was a disaster and staff was just getting spammed.

zMqrcc

Staff Member
Admin
You already answered your question. :p

like I said, this was implemented before. It was a disaster and staff was just getting spammed.
Imagine 1k players and half of them are using /report. RIP chat

Status
Not open for further replies.