Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Reduced bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfatsojr

Veteran
Great Reporter
Minecraft Username
Mrfatsojr

Suggestion:
Reduced bans.

Detailed description:
So this has been suggested multiple times but what most people suggest is to unban players who admit/are sorry of them cheating. I Agree with this but i'll modify it to be fair toward the staff team and make it unable to be abused. So when you get banned for cheating and you are able to appeal that ban, being a ex-staff i know that most appeals get denied since there are no unbans possible which is dumb since some people don't have money or aren't able to buy unbans. So instead i would like to implement reduced bans.

Requirements

-You can only have your ban reduced once so if you get banned again this option won't be available.

-You are only able to appeal once for an ban if this gets denied you aren't able to apply again.

-If you lie in your appeal you will be denied.

-If you have a past ban history you will be instantly denied. (unless the ban was proven false/incorrect)

- The staffmember has to agree to unban this person.

Options

-The ban should be reduced to the staff-team preffered amout of time. (I would suggest 30 days.

-This is only for permanent IP-Bans.

-Isn't the case if the ban was due to the player breaking the same rule multiple. e.g: Account trading.
Some Pro/cons
- Decrease of amount of hackers. A lot of people retaliate hack basically after they have been banned and feel treated unfairly they tend to use multiple alts to hack again and again.
- Increase income (server). Let's say people buy one unban (30 euro). Or people buy a 40 euro rank, which would be more profitable. Also if people have the money to spend and don't want to wait one month just to be unbanned will buy the unban either way.
- Only people that care will apply, hackers who hack for fun will hack either way with or without this. People have vpn's, alts especially since this is a cracked server.
- Increase morale for staff/playerbase. If people have been unbanned they will feel delighted and won't have the need to annoy/spam staff which is a ++.

Cons-
- Sometimes hackers will be able to join the server again and hack again. Which would be in a low rate since most hackers basically don't care. It is very tedious to appeal/wait 30 days just to be banned again the day after.

Reason(s):
Reasons have been stated above but i'll repeat them.

- Allow players to get a second chance if they made a mistake.

- Give people the chance to play again instead of quitting because they can't afford the unban.

- Increase morale of the players, reduce complaints toward staffmembers and possibly increase income from shop due to rank/items being bought, increase the overall amount of players.

(Keep in mind that the average player is 14 y/o and everyone can make the wrong choice/mistake.)
It would have to be finetuned it's up to the staff-team/management to edit this to fit pikacraft. Perhaps make it so people aren't allowed to get this treatment for advertising. However what if the person didn't intend to advertise and didn't know you aren't allowed to do certain things. It wouldn't actually hurt the community because if they were only there to hack the 30 day ban will just keep them away. Only people that care will apply and if they do it just to get an unban they would still be punished for a long time which seems reasonable. If people want to hack they will use alts/evade bans. If they actually cared they would have to create a forums account/create a PROPER appeal. Them saying ''i'm sowwy'' wouldn't suffice in such context. If they actually care they would also wait out the 30 days without evading their ban and such.

Again these should only be given if ALL the requirements are met which if you invest some time into it there would be a lot of requirements.

Example(s):
If i got banned for Kill-Aura (permanently) and i was mistaken to use this and am sorry that i have used it my ban would be rudes to for e.g 30 days.​

Last edited:

MmEXTREME

Veteran
That's a -1 from me. there are certain punishments that just can't be given a 2nd chance ex: Advertising, Cyber/Ddos/Death threats and Encouraging suicide.
and besides that this will actually get more hackers into the community cause they will just be like (We gonna hack and if we get banned its fine we'll be unbanned in 30 days or whatever). "- Allow players to get a second chance if they made a mistake. " What if it wasn't a mistake and they say it was a mistake they would just get a free "reduced ban". "- Give people the chance to play again instead of quitting because they can't afford the unban. " why would they for example hack if they want to play again in the server, that doesn't make sense to me. i appreciate your suggestion but i totally don't agree with it, sorry fatso <3 ily

OP
OP
Mrfatsojr

Mrfatsojr

Veteran
Great Reporter
That's a -1 from me. there are certain punishments that just can't be given a 2nd chance ex: Advertising, Cyber/Ddos/Death threats and Encouraging suicide.
and besides that this will actually get more hackers into the community cause they will just be like (We gonna hack and if we get banned its fine we'll be unbanned in 30 days or whatever). "- Allow players to get a second chance if they made a mistake. " What if it wasn't a mistake and they say it was a mistake they would just get a free "reduced ban". "- Give people the chance to play again instead of quitting because they can't afford the unban. " why would they for example hack if they want to play again in the server, that doesn't make sense to me. i appreciate your suggestion but i totally don't agree with it, sorry fatso <3 ily
It would have to be finetuned it's up to the staff-team/management to edit this to fit pikacraft. Perhaps make it so people aren't allowed to get this treatment for advertising. However what if the person didn't intend to advertise and didn't know you aren't allowed to do certain things. It wouldn't actually hurt the community because if they were only there to hack the 30 day ban will just keep them away. Only people that care will apply and if they do it just to get an unban they would still be punished for a long time which seems reasonable. If people want to hack they will use alts/evade bans. If they actually care they have to create a forums account/create a PROPER appeal. Them saying ''i'm sowwy'' would suffice in such context. If they actually care they would also wait out the 30 days without evading their ban and such.
Again these should only be given if ALL the requirements are met which if you invest some times into it there would be a lot of requirements.

NCStylezX

Veteran
+1
since people know most of the servers have a 30 day ban ect.. ect. So it would seem fair to go with that instead of the perm ban, I understand people can ban evade on pika easier since its a cracked server. But this would be a lot more fair towards the players.

MouraThat

Veteran
Mixed Feelings about this . When you go on the server and hack you know what you are doing and you deserve to be banned . Obviously some severe things like Advertising cannot be reduced but with the other minor things , I feel like this may encourage rule breaking because people know the bans will only be temporary. I agree to an extent that some people are geniunely sorry and want a second chance but then other people don't care and will just say 'sorry' for the sake of it . Maybe temporary bans but for longer than 30 days.
For now -1
But maybe an adaptation of this rule will be a better proposal.

MouraThat

Veteran
Mixed Feelings about this . When you go on the server and hack you know what you are doing and you deserve to be banned . Obviously some severe things like Advertising cannot be reduced but with the other minor things , I feel like this may encourage rule breaking because people know the bans will only be temporary. I agree to an extent that some people are geniunely sorry and want a second chance but then other people don't care and will just say 'sorry' for the sake of it . Maybe temporary bans but for longer than 30 days.
For now -1
But maybe an adaptation of this rule will be a better proposal.
But btw there are a lot of minor things that people get banned for in which they deserve a second chance but anything that you get permanently banned for is generally a serious offense , so they shouldn't get their ban reduced unless proven to be false.

fawfgaw

The Pika
Neutral for now because if its not implemented perfectly it could lead to people hacking knowing that they will just get unbanned if they make an appeal, but otherwise I agree with this.

OP
OP
Mrfatsojr

Mrfatsojr

Veteran
Great Reporter
But btw there are a lot of minor things that people get banned for in which they deserve a second chance but anything that you get permanently banned for is generally a serious offense , so they shouldn't get their ban reduced unless proven to be false.
I don't think what we should look at is how bad the offence was but rather, what are the pos/negs FACTS as you would call them. If people murder someone they get let go after a few years again, hacking shouldn't be treated worse than murder is treated irl anyway that's my opinion.
These are some pro's/cons. (Including 30 day ban).

- Decrease of amount of hackers. A lot of people retaliate hack basically after they have been banned and feel treated unfairly they tend to use multiple alts to hack again and again.
- Increase income (server). Let's say people buy one unban (20 euro). Or people buy a 40 euro rank, which would be more profitable. Also if people have the money to spend and don't want to wait one month just to be unbanned they will buy the unban either way.
- Only people that care will apply, hackers who hack for fun will hack either way with or without this. People have vpn's, alts especially since this is a cracked server.
- Increase morale for staff/playerbase. If people have been unbanned they will feel delighted and won't have the need to annoy/spam staff which is a ++.

Cons-
- Sometimes hackers will be able to join the server again and hack again. Which would be in a low rate since most hackers basically don't care. It is very tedious to appeal/wait 30 days just to be banned again the day after.

MouraThat

Veteran
I don't think what we should look at is how bad the offence was but rather, what are the pos/negs FACTS as you would call them. If people murder someone they get let go after a few years again, hacking shouldn't be treated worse than murder is treated irl anyway that's my opinion.
These are some pro's/cons. (Including 30 day ban).

- Increase income (server). Let's say people buy one unban (20 euro). Or people buy a 40 euro rank, which would be more profitable. Also if people have the money to spend and don't want to wait one month just to be unbanned they will buy the unban either way.

Cons-
- Sometimes hackers will be able to join the server again and hack again. Which would be in a low rate since most hackers basically don't care.
Ok to be fair that's true most of the time but there will still be people who benefit from this system when they should be permanently banned. But you make good points here and I'm swaying towards the +1 , I just don't like the ideas that hackers can get second chances when most of them know exactly what they are doing and are ruining other people's gameplay.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
yep exactly, someone who breaks the rules for fun will use a vpn/restart their router and join with a different username anyways, but there ofc will be players who wants a second chance and to play again without breaking any rules such as ban evading.

Status
Not open for further replies.