Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied BedWars Rank / Donator Matching (Applicable to other Arcade Games)

CloudAP

Veteran
Minecraft Username
CloudAP

Suggestion:
Rank / Donator Matching (Applicable to other Arcade Games)

Detailed description:
I know this would be a lot of work for dev but... (maybe consider?)

Create ranks instead of stats so you can't just flex by just killing newbie players or playing hundreds of games but doesn't seem to be that skillful.

It can be Classic Matching (for normal ones) and Rank Matching (you will be matched depending on your rankings).

It can be point system (Points on Winning, Killing, Survivability, etc.) with maybe 100 points before you can play in rank games, then 200 to rankup, and so on.​

Reason(s):
This is going to be helpful for several reasons:

• Of course, to know who is the best among the rest of the pika players FLEX
  • Seasonal Reset would be a thing
  • Eliminates matching to newbie players and newly created hacker players
  • Better monitoring for staff to eliminate hackers (in some ways)
But like I said, this is going to be a lot of work for dev but its something to consider. :D

Disaalt

The Pika
Sorry if I dont understand you... but um do you mean like those practice ranks? (I, II, III, IV)

P

PyroInDaBus

yeah I dont really understand clearly. I will agree with 0208 and say -1 +1 if you explain clearly we can give our opinion

Silver Wing

The Pika
+1,or Neutral
Yes I would love to have ranks like 500 wins = Silver rank
1000 wins = gold rank

But again not that necessary

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
-1, BedWars is not Practice, and if something like this gets added the leaderboards would be completely destroyed. That would entirely ruin the point of several hours of grinding some players put into this game and I really think it's not a good idea.

_Shadow_Gamer

-1, would ruin ranking, plus it's too complicated, and something that would destroy Leaderboards etc.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
don't think it will destory leaderboard tho. but will ruin the economy
It would make current leaderboards pointless because everyone would care about their rank ("points") rather than the wins and kills. Also it would make BedWars way more stressful because of the ranking system, just like Practice.

SezarBD

Legendary Pika
He means trophy point-based matchmaking. Players will find opponents of their same level of trophy experience.

OP
OP
CloudAP

CloudAP

Veteran
Ah yes. Like Sezar said. :D

But I dont think it would ruin the economy, it would change the leaderboards tho, but for a purpose.

And this is more for matching to same level and same skills, less matching to new players and potential hackers.

Imagine being on top tier, you get matched to pro players and legit matches.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Ah yes. Like Sezar said. :D

But I dont think it would ruin the economy, it would change the leaderboards tho, but for a purpose.

And this is more for matching to same level and same skills, less matching to new players and potential hackers.

Imagine being on top tier, you get matched to pro players and legit matches.
That means that every game would take forever to start if you're a top player because there won't be enough players that are as good as you to start the game in a reasonable timeframe. Furthermore, even if there was a waiting ELO system (like in Practice), it would simply lead to the same result as now - you will compete with a lot worse players than you simply because there are no better players available at the time. And sometimes it would mean very sweaty matches against other good players, and that's something a lot of top players don't want because they don't want to have to play against a solid competition all the time, some of us just want to peacefully grind.
Hackers are not a problem for top players, they're usually not very smart so it's easy to outplay them.

Zxga

Great Reporter
Hello CloudAP,​
Honestly, I don't like the idea, so I'll give -1.
Leaderboards are there with a reason and if you're thinking about making this work, you should make a suggestion about Ranked Skywars and Ranked Bedwars (Which I don't like either).

Unawarely

The Pika
Skillbased matchmaking wouldn't work on pika because the playerbase isn't big enough, also we don't need another gamemode full of boosting and toxicity because of a rank system. Practice is already bad, don't make the one actual okay gamemode on pika worse

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
Hello CloudAP,

Thank you for creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have decided to deny your suggestion due to:
  • No plans.
Thank you very much for helping us.

Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!