Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Other Ways To Improve FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Before i start this thread was inspired by DaftPunk5963's fps help for noobs. Ok Lets get Started.

Computer Priorities

-Most computers have this feature called "Windows Task Manager" in which its primary use is to well, manage tasks.This feature/program has the ability to Set Priorities.Priorities basically prioritizes a certain Task.Now it can be used to prioritize the Task/Process in which improves its performance but lessens the performance of other tasks.It is unnoticably harmful to computers (i've been using it for 2 years but there was not to much of a threat that i noticed).All computers who easily heat up is suggested not to use this feature (I mean computers that heat up in about 30 minutes).But another suggestion is not to use Real Time as that is the feature that is definitely harmful to computers.I suggest using High Priority.Ask some may ask what is the process of minecraft it is Java.When you start the game you will notice that there are 2 Java processes,Prioritize the high memory one as it is the game.To prioritize them using Windows Task Manager go to the processes tab and right click the process then Set Priority and set it to High.

Computer Health

-Computers indeed need proper maintenance but there is one way of maintenance that is often neglected.It is called Memory, as i was talking about processes earlier this is also something that is related to it.The longer you use a certain program like minecraft,it's memory builds up and can be restarted to clear the memory and make it less laggy but the Computer it's self also needs a restart.After using a computer for several hours straight with a high memory game you Operating System would also start building up memory in which that case you would need to restart your computer.This would help fix FPS alot an did certainly alot for me.

Thank You For Reading

-KawaiiTheNexus

OP
OP
KawaiiTheNexus
Also if you have any feedback feel free to tell me weather it helped you or not, weather its a negative reply or not.I'll say it now i would not be affected by it so Feel Free to tell me the Effects

DODE2K

Veteran
Computer Priorities
-Most computers have this feature called "Windows Task Manager" in which its primary use is to well, manage tasks.This feature/program has the ability to Set Priorities.Priorities basically prioritizes a certain Task.Now it can be used to prioritize the Task/Process in which improves its performance but lessens the performance of other tasks.It is unnoticably harmful to computers (i've been using it for 2 years but there was not to much of a threat that i noticed).All computers who easily heat up is suggested not to use this feature (I mean computers that heat up in about 30 minutes).But another suggestion is not to use Real Time as that is the feature that is definitely harmful to computers.I suggest using High Priority.Ask some may ask what is the process of minecraft it is Java.When you start the game you will notice that there are 2 Java processes,Prioritize the high memory one as it is the game.To prioritize them using Windows Task Manager go to the processes tab and right click the process then Set Priority and set it to High.
idk if this is a common problem but sometimes my pc do the opposite like when i set the java Priority to less than normal my fps sometimes actually increase but when i set it to above normal my fps stay the same/lag more

MCMXCVIII

You're clearly trying to staff yourself so you're putting effort, but next time I suggest you to talk about things you actually have expertise in, not things that you just googled and paraphrased. Just saying.

buttercupsimmer

Pika Lover
Thanks for the additional info:) I've been using optifine to improve my fps but still from time to time I lag so bad that my game says time out (rip me). I'll try this suggestion:) thanks:)

OP
OP
KawaiiTheNexus
You're clearly trying to staff yourself so you're putting effort, but next time I suggest you to talk about things you actually have expertise in, not things that you just googled and paraphrased. Just saying.
Sorry To Say This But None Of This Was Ever Googled , This Was A Method Ive Used That Was Suggested By My Brother And Is Based On Experiences. No Offense.By The Way I Like Socializing With People And Its The Reason I Post Threads, There Is A Different Way Of Getting Posts Known As Reporting Which Is Something I Do.

Arceus

Legendary Pika
How this was googled?Because its really big. and he/she has less posts?

DinosMagicWorld

Epic Pika
Prioritizing isn't useful for increasing your FPS number in a longer period..
Yes it helps, but may only push it up by 10 FPS, since an OS can't actually focus on a game. (Of course, sometimes it will increase more but it often results in a inconsistent increase/decrease)
Also sometimes it lessens the amount of FPS that you receive.

Note: It can be harmful...But only if abused...

The computer memory one is 100% true though, so kudos on that.

OP
OP
KawaiiTheNexus
Prioritizing isn't useful for increasing your FPS number in a longer period..
Yes it helps, but may only push it up by 10 FPS, since an OS can't actually focus on a game. (Of course, sometimes it will increase more but it often results in a inconsistent increase/decrease)
Also sometimes it lessens the amount of FPS that you receive.

Note: It can be harmful...But only if abused...

The computer memory one is 100% true though, so kudos on that.
Yup it Lowers FPS occasionally.Theres also another way to improve fps but most people are not willing to sacrifice their's home screen x.x i Think Im Will Make Another Post About It Since I Forgot To Put it Here

OP
OP
KawaiiTheNexus
idk if this is a common problem but sometimes my pc do the opposite like when i set the java Priority to less than normal my fps sometimes actually increase but when i set it to above normal my fps stay the same/lag more
Dode, It Is Possible That You Are Setting The Priority On The Wrong Process, By Doing That All The Other Processes Will Have Less Priority Than The Wrong Java Process I Suggest Waiting The Process' Memory To Build Up Quickly To Know If Which One Is The Correct Process

Fanta

Legendary Pika
.eJwNyUsSAxEUAMC72PsOz5jbKJQR38Jkk8rdk972Bz2zoAvde491UerTcn16snafNgYSe48l2JEWcb1Su7d1dw1tLyoOxZUEYQAUcGO0oQK0OJn-hzwYaJAnrXZmPENqOIdRwsTtnXyyOGbOJHmNiL4_Xt0qUA.Jp9R_tgbb5So-7OzJ3AtKLD-wg8

Here, I'll let you join the green team.
That could help.

NickTill

Thanks for making this posts! Its really useful for players and everyone alike trying to improve their fps in minecraft! Was very kind and sincere of you to make this tutorial!

Fanta

Legendary Pika
You shouldn't get so smart to people you don't know, mainly because you joined the forums this Monday and you seem to have no idea about how the staff are chosen.
Or maybe you didn't join this Monday, maybe you were banned and made a new account. Who can truly know, right?
"Just saying."

Status
Not open for further replies.