Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Forums Name changes requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Minecraft Username
EA0_2_0_8_

Suggestion:
Name changes requests

Detailed description:
[BGCOLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]What is Name changes request?[/BGCOLOR]
For example, my ign is EA0_2_0_8_, and i decide to change my ign to others. As this is a cracked server, if you changes ign, all your stat will be gone.
I suggest that forum can add one more box like this -> View: https://imgur.com/gallery/kKRzXvT
, this is for people entering their old ign, and the new ign, then the system will help them to transfer the data from one account to another.

[BGCOLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Player may transfer others player stat to their own, how to avoid it?[/BGCOLOR]
The easiest way to avoid it is to add a command in game for example /ignchange [old ign] [new ign] , then the system will generate a random 4 unit number [1234] and have the link in it. I have made a video for it, go to #example for it.
[BGCOLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]How to avoid player keeps requesting? [/BGCOLOR]
Server can set for example at most 3 request, if he request for at the fourth times, he won't able to transfer his stat to his new ign.​

Reason(s):
As what i know, i have few friends they have played on the server, having some good stat. one day, one of them wants to change their name to something else. After he knows name changes will lose his stat, he don't want to change anymore.

So hoping this could be implement.​

Example(s):

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
I won't give a specific +1 / -1 or neutral to this, but I don't really understand this whole concept.

Lemme start off with something I need to mention.
Most premium servers and many cracked servers stores player information in a different way. Premium servers stores player data using UUIDs (Universally Unique Identifiers) because the players are premium. That means only the people who bought java edition legally has a unique UUID. Cracked servers, however, are forced to store the players using their usernames, because the players are mostly cracked and therefore don't have a UUID. Pika & many other cracked servers always resets your progress when you join with an alt or such.

Now, which part am I confused in? Firstly, I do not understand why you need a code when you can just make a request in the forums. Just make a request, type out your current IGN and the IGN you want to transfer your stats to, then your all set. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I still do not understand why the codes are used. Im supposing that means how to verify that the account that your transferring to is yours, but think about this if YOUR a staff or a developer:
1. Every person that uses the /transfer or whatever command, has to generate a unique code.
2. You need to make a request on the forums with your code.
3. The staff then needs to check if the code is YOURS. This system is probs only for admins+ to check, so have fun changing all your stats with 4 admins and 1 manager.
4. The staff then needs to TRANSFER ALL YOUR STATS. How is this hard? Well if your a developer (Like thiemo) you need to do this:
  1. Copy ALL THE SERVERS INVENTORIES to the other username (You cant even do that using bungeecord)
  2. Copy all your money too
  3. TRANSFER YOUR RANKS. (Optional)
  4. Other stats, like your practice kills, deaths; Skywars kills, loot crate rewards, cosmetics; Bedwars kill effects, kill messages; Skyblock which island your in, what to do if you transferred ownership (you can't do that in skyblock m8), what faction you're in, how many power do you have, whats your mcmmo skills...
  5. What I mean by all of this is that its not POSSIBLE. Not even a single bit. Even if thiemo/voodoo DID do the stuff required (Buy 2 more servers) and add a web API, welp, is that gonna even happen?
5. THEN DEAL ALL OF THIS FOR 10 MORE TIMES (Other players)

It just isn't worth it. Try thinking yourself in a developer position and try to do some research. Heres some links:
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Universally_unique_identifier - UUIDS
https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/bungeecord/ Bungeecord (Pika uses it)

I would love to hear feedback.
i very appreciate that you give that much feed back, i know this is kinda hard to implement. As i am not a coder, i dont know what to do or how to transfer all the stat from one to another. If this really gonna inplement, there should be things like /linkaccount in discord which means the procedure are gonna do automatically (not admin above to handle it).

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
or if you think there may be a better format to implement this, feel free to give some suggestion about this

Disaalt

The Pika
I know its more complicated but I'm just saying no one will expect it to get done within a day , and since this will be more of a nishe request , its unlikely they will have to do too much work.
the problem is, you CANT do it. that's the issue,

Disaalt

The Pika
i very appreciate that you give that much feed back, i know this is kinda hard to implement. As i am not a coder, i dont know what to do or how to transfer all the stat from one to another. If this really gonna inplement, there should be things like /linkaccount in discord which means the procedure are gonna do automatically (not admin above to handle it).
Linking accounts is "easy". https://github.com/The-SourceCode/A...e_38/Discord_Minecraft_Verification_Sytem/src check this out.

As I said before multiple times, it CANT be done. Or in my knowledge.

79lb

Legendary Pika
If this really gonna inplement, there should be things like /linkaccount in discord which means the procedure are gonna do automatically
that would be like super easy way to duplicate stats/money, literally like the most easiest and would instantly ruin every servers economy

Disaalt

The Pika
well, then rip for this suggestion. Thx for your information anyways
I thought you said it could be done :/
I swear it use to be possible maybe its changed.
Dont get your hopes down. We can just "modify" the suggestions a bit. For example, only transferring the stats, not the items.

Or maybe I'm just dumb and there's actually a way to do it. Idk.

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Dont get your hopes down. We can just "modify" the suggestions a bit. For example, only transferring the stats, not the items.

Or maybe I'm just dumb and there's actually a way to do it. Idk.
bcuz i am not c coder, idk what you need to code to make it possible, so yea. listen to you :D pro coder

UpperGround

Great Reporter
the problem is, you CANT do it. that's the issue,
sorry i dont know anything about coding but cant you just
1) assign id for every player
2) transfer their stats from one id to another id,
i mean is it really THAT hard to check how much kills a person has, then write the same number on other person's stats?

idk im not much of a coder pls dont bulli mi

Disaalt

The Pika
sorry i dont know anything about coding but cant you just
1) assign id for every player
2) transfer their stats from one id to another id,
i mean is it really THAT hard to check how much kills a person has, then write the same number on other person's stats?

idk im not much of a coder pls dont bulli mi
Yes but, if you want the staff to do it, it is possible, but If you want to make a plugin or some sort to autotmate it, then its kinda possible but super hard.
+ letting staff do it is just too difficult, they need to log on every server, check your bal, your stats (Bedwars doesn't even have /stats) and transfer it.

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Yes but, if you want the staff to do it, it is possible, but If you want to make a plugin or some sort to autotmate it, then its kinda possible but super hard.
+ letting staff do it is just too difficult, they need to log on every server, check your bal, your stats (Bedwars doesn't even have /stats) and transfer it.
yea, so what i mean is that all the process will be automatically done (eg. linkaccount in dis), no staff involved

Paotzyyy

Veteran
Not a bad idea but, It will be complicated once it will be implemented once its in the server already, especially for players who has multiple ranks on each gamemodes.

GK_737

Epic Pika
I won't give a specific +1 / -1 or neutral to this, but I don't really understand this whole concept.

Lemme start off with something I need to mention.
Most premium servers and many cracked servers stores player information in a different way. Premium servers stores player data using UUIDs (Universally Unique Identifiers) because the players are premium. That means only the people who bought java edition legally has a unique UUID. Cracked servers, however, are forced to store the players using their usernames, because the players are mostly cracked and therefore don't have a UUID. Pika & many other cracked servers always resets your progress when you join with an alt or such.

Now, which part am I confused in? Firstly, I do not understand why you need a code when you can just make a request in the forums. Just make a request, type out your current IGN and the IGN you want to transfer your stats to, then your all set. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I still do not understand why the codes are used. Im supposing that means how to verify that the account that your transferring to is yours, but think about this if YOUR a staff or a developer:
1. Every person that uses the /transfer or whatever command, has to generate a unique code.
2. You need to make a request on the forums with your code.
3. The staff then needs to check if the code is YOURS. This system is probs only for admins+ to check, so have fun changing all your stats with 4 admins and 1 manager.
4. The staff then needs to TRANSFER ALL YOUR STATS. How is this hard? Well if your a developer (Like thiemo) you need to do this:
  1. Copy ALL THE SERVERS INVENTORIES to the other username (You cant even do that using bungeecord)
  2. Copy all your money too
  3. TRANSFER YOUR RANKS. (Optional)
  4. Other stats, like your practice kills, deaths; Skywars kills, loot crate rewards, cosmetics; Bedwars kill effects, kill messages; Skyblock which island your in, what to do if you transferred ownership (you can't do that in skyblock m8), what faction you're in, how many power do you have, whats your mcmmo skills...
  5. What I mean by all of this is that its not POSSIBLE. Not even a single bit. Even if thiemo/voodoo DID do the stuff required (Buy 2 more servers) and add a web API, welp, is that gonna even happen?
5. THEN DEAL ALL OF THIS FOR 10 MORE TIMES (Other players)

It just isn't worth it. Try thinking yourself in a developer position and try to do some research. Heres some links:
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Universally_unique_identifier - UUIDS
https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/bungeecord/ Bungeecord (Pika uses it)

I would love to hear feedback.
Got dizzy after reading it

Status
Not open for further replies.