Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Ladders?

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello everyone!
I've noticed a lot of tryhards using ladders in bedwars recently to negate fall damage (ladder clutch) or to take less knockback in a bridge fight. I've been practicing that for a little bit, however I never really experienced any situations where ladders would be particularly useful, or at least I didn't know how to use them properly.
So I'm here with a question for all of you - when should I use ladders, and how should I use them to win the game more easily? When are the good moments to attempt a ladder clutch and where should I just play safe? Drop your opinions/experiences in replies below, I would love to hear them!
Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
em... ask zxga to teach you XD but there are few things that ik ladder is good, and i like to use.
1) As you said, ladder can reduce fall damage, which is such a good thing, For example, tnt/fire jump and ladder clutch, or build up and drop on sb with ladder, then no fall damage got.
2) bridging is a good way to use it, for example using ladder to build up, or use ladder to build (https://prnt.sc/ugqgpv)

tlang

Veteran
Water bucket clutch is easier than ladder ones but its just a little expensive , but I prefer water bucket over ladders , its just for style.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
water is for survival/ uhc like gamemode,
Water bucket clutch is easier than ladder ones but its just a little expensive , but I prefer water bucket over ladders , its just for style.
Ladder is harder to do, but less costly

tlang

Veteran
em... ask zxga to teach you XD but there are few things that ik ladder is good, and i like to use.
1) As you said, ladder can reduce fall damage, which is such a good thing, For example, tnt/fire jump and ladder clutch, or build up and drop on sb with ladder, then no fall damage got.
2) bridging is a good way to use it, for example using ladder to build up, or use ladder to build (https://prnt.sc/ugqgpv)
I dont really get why people use ladders to not lose 1 heart of damage its just a hotkey taken for it.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
yeah agree, just use blocks to lower half a heart, ladder is for gqtor

keiko

The Pika
lol
i kinda like using ladders when its late game

Hellific

Veteran
Hello,

Best way to use ladders is,
(i) When falling off a high place, try to do a ladder clutch by placing a ladder on a block and quickly shifting to not fall off the ladder.
(ii) To reduce knockback, you can place a block infront of you and one back, place a ladder on one of the blocks and shift, and I'm sure when someone hits you, you will get very less knockback or maybe none, be careful though, sometimes anticheat kicks you for suspicion of Anti Knockback.
(iii) I can show you some other ways too, but for that, you need to carry play with me.

And all and all, stop hacking lmfao (jk)

Mr_RS

Pika Member
Ladder clutching is harder than waterbuck clutch. The water clutch is way easier for me. Don't know how it's for others

IIMoKeyy

Great Reporter
Um hi there I came from your "What was your first message" xD

Crveni_Marlboro

Veteran
Great Reporter
Hello everyone!
I've noticed a lot of tryhards using ladders in bedwars recently to negate fall damage (ladder clutch) or to take less knockback in a bridge fight. I've been practicing that for a little bit, however I never really experienced any situations where ladders would be particularly useful, or at least I didn't know how to use them properly.
So I'm here with a question for all of you - when should I use ladders, and how should I use them to win the game more easily? When are the good moments to attempt a ladder clutch and where should I just play safe? Drop your opinions/experiences in replies below, I would love to hear them!
Ladders are very useful in situations when you have to clutch from a big height. You can learn it on youtube or I can explain it to you on discord because I can't explain it properly here in the English language.

MrEpiko

Discord Developer
Developer
Hello everyone!
I use them in every match (atleast stack per match). Also it's pretty nice feeling when you ladder clutch and they are pretty useful when climbing skybases. Dm me on discord if you want me to show you more stuff.

tlang

Veteran
oh I don't even remember typing this 🤦‍♀️

TheDynamicGamer

The Pika
aim at the ground and press right click. aiming on the side of block sometimes fails but aiming on ground never does
Hello everyone!