Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Discord Huge suggestion to the Pika discord server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Minecraft Username:
Lolguy376

Suggestion:
Huge suggestion to the Pika discord server!

Detailed description:
I will start of with some channels that should be added

Staff channel

You are probably thinking what will this channel be for?

This channel serves the purpose of keeping you all members of the community up-to-date with the most recent updates regarding members of the Staff Team. These updates including the newcomers, resignations, and promotions, so don't forget to congratulate the recently promoted Staff Members!

There will be a staff list, that will show list from Trials to Owners, and a information about each role, for example what perms they have, what they can do etc. And each time someone gets promoted/resigns, the Admins/devs update the list

Messages for the specific staff:

Welcoming a Trial:

Welcome ``Lolguy376`` to the staff team! ``Lolguy376`` has been accepted into the staff team under the position of **Trial**!

Promoting a staff member (To helper):

``KenzoTange`` has succesfully passed the Trial Period and has been promoted to Helper ( kenzo4helper uwu )

Resigning from the staff team:

``Lolguy376`` has **resigned** from his current position as a Moderator, and is no longer part of the team.

Promoting a staff member (To moderator)

``Crni_`` has been promoted from their previous rank of Helper, To **Moderator**!

Promoting a staff member to SrMod:

Congratulations ``Thijme01`` on becoming an asset of the Management Team under the position of **SrMod**

Demoting a staff member:

``Lolguy376`` is no longer part of the staff team

New Rule: Spoiler Misuse

Now yeah you are probably thinking what is spoiler misuse?

Spoiler misuse is when giving the appearence of swearing or something inappropriate

Here are some examples of spoiler misuse ( Note: We were not offensive nor directly saying this to anyone, so don't think that we are racist or something )

( Misusing the racial slur )

( Misusing the r word which is swearing with disease practically )

Now lets say that someone misused it like this:

This should be muteable because its racism, if its already punishable then notify me and ill remove this part

Offenses for Spoiler Misuse:

First Offense ⇾ Warning

Second Offense ⇾ 1 Hour mute

Third offense ⇾ 1 Days mute

Fourth offense ⇾ 2 Day mute

1d+ Ban for each next offense

New highlight command ( .highlight )

Now yeah you are probably thinking what does it do right?

Well for some people who don't know, if you mention a word from someone's highlight list, they will recieve the DM so they could check when they were mentioned, maximum highlights should be either 15-20

Commands:

.highlight help ( shows all commands )

.highlight add (word)

.highlight remove (word)

.highlight list ( shows list of your highlighted words )

.highlight clear ( Removes every highlight from your list )

.highlight block ( Messages sent in any channel/from any user won't notify you can select many channels and or members with the same command )

Adding emojis to the discord server

Why not add Staff Shard emojis? They would look pretty cool tbh

It would be cool if Media Rank Shards were added too, would really love to see that

Links automod for public chat

Adding #discord_punishments channel

Note: If you do not know how to set it up on Dyno, please dm me so i could explain

Lets say that one of the users got kicked from the server for going offtopic in #help-lobby

Dyno would send ''Case 1 | Kick | Lolguy376#0001 |

Moderator: tlang#5169

Reason: Offtopic

ID : 6969''

Sync your Discord account with Forums

What would be really great is to sync your discord with forums

If you do that, PikaNetwork bot will dm you all pika notifications thru discord dms

They should also be able to turn on/off notifications for specific stuff such as:

Reacts to your posts

Posts a message in the thread

Reason(s):
Staff channel: Would be really useful so people could know who was welcomed, promoted etc

Spoiler Misuse Rule: This will prevent people misusing the spoilers by saying the N word or other offensive words

New highlight command: Its a fun command that would people use it, it will also be useful for staff members if they for example have ''i got antibot filter'' in their highlight list and the staff gets mentioned in dms who said the highlighted word

Adding emojis: Would be really cool

Adding punishments channel: Would be useful for people to check their punishments

Sync your discord account: It would be really great and useful for people who could see their notifs on discord,

Example(s):
Some examples were stated above

Last edited:

crazysteve79

The Pika
i didnt read full thread but discord update need to happen they added few more staff roles but something else for public players +1

Hellific

Veteran
Staff Channel: Seems pretty unnecessary, I mean you have the forums page for knowing which staff has been promoted or new staff members, etc. The staff list is here as well. I think it would just be a waste of time to add a separate message everytime a staff member leaves/joins all that stuff to a separate channel while it already exists on the forums. Neutral over here.

Spoiler Misuse Rule: I also do not think this should be any rule, you will get punished for if you used it negatively.

Example of using spoilers negatively: Saying fu then spoilering the rest of the 2 words (that'd fall under the swearing rule), besides "ret" "nig" and "fuc" all these aren't punishable anyway, so if they use spoilers to hide their messages or something, you report them and they get punished for the rule. -1

Highlight command: -1, I feel like it'd just spam the hell out of your DMs making people just not use this command at all (including staff members).

Staff Shards: Meh, why copy more of Jartex? lol

Punishments channel: Strongly -1, I have said this everytime for modlogs in discord. Sometimes reasons are meant to be kept private for punishments and not to be shared publicly. This should only be a staff only channel if it exists. Many times other people also do not feel comfortable others seeing their punishments (which is understandable). It exists on forums, let it just be there (infact I'd honestly want it to be removed on the forums as well and show the issued staff punishments on the respective staff profile instead of the ban page).

Second Rythm Bot: +1

Sync your discord account: +1

In conclusion, I am going to give this entire suggestion a Neutral but I wanted to share my points on each of your suggestions.

NGaming

Great Reporter
The first one about staff updates is already suggested

OP
OP
Lumin0us

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
@Hellifying man you put more effort to my suggestion than zonergh replying to trial applications on jartex
anyways lemme quote each of your votes ( except for last 2 )
Staff Channel: Seems pretty unnecessary, I mean you have the forums page for knowing which staff has been promoted or new staff members, etc. The staff list is here as well. I think it would just be a waste of time to add a separate message everytime a staff member leaves/joins all that stuff to a separate channel while it already exists on the forums. Neutral over here.
I have edited that part of the suggestion, i forgot to put that there should be information about a specific staff, role what can for example helper or trial do etc, this is what forums staff list does not have
Highlight command: -1, I feel like it'd just spam the hell out of your DMs making people just not use this command at all (including staff members).
Maybe they should get mentioned from that highlight word each 10 or 20 seconds or maybe 30 idk
Punishments channel: Strongly -1, I have said this everytime for modlogs in discord. Sometimes reasons are meant to be kept private for punishments and not to be shared publicly. This should only be a staff only channel if it exists. Many times other people also do not feel comfortable others seeing their punishments (which is understandable). It exists on forums, let it just be there (infact I'd honestly want it to be removed on the forums as well and show the issued staff punishments on the respective staff profile instead of the ban page).
Ehh okay i understand that, anyways thanks for your feedback

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lumin0us

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Also i don't see what would happen if we copy only 5 jartex emojis, media shards dont even exist there, also they wont sue or cancel us for copying just 5 emojis

MrEpiko

Discord Developer
Developer
1. Staff updates channel:
-1 Not going to happen.

2. New rule:
-1 Why would this even be punishable?

3. Highlight thing:
-1 Too hard to make, can be abused and kinda useless.

4. Emojis:
+1

5. Blacklisting links:
-1 The thing you suggested is 99% not going to happen, however there may be some other solutions.

6. Punishments channel
-1 No need to copy other servers.

7. Second bot
+1

8. Linking discord and forums accounts:
-1 Cool idea, but not going to happen.

So overall -1.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lumin0us

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
5. Blacklisting links:
-1 The thing you suggested is 99% not going to happen, however there may be some other solutions.
Why should it not happen? you know that they are ip grabbing people right? have you ever heard of whitelisting/blacklisting links?

Status
Not open for further replies.