Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Help me pick my PC specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
Hi,
So I will (hopefully) get my PC soon, Insha Allah. But the problem is, I could not decide between a laptop and a computer. They both have their own pros and cons.

Laptops are not comfortable and they need to be charged. They do not fit my gaming desires as well. Whereas computers need to be connected to an electrical output, so that means if we run out of electricity, I won't be able to access it anymore.

What about the other stuff? Suggest me a good GPU (Graphics Card), I keep dreaming about Geforce GTX 1070.
And what difference does Hertz make? Like 144Hz Monitor and 3Ghz CPU? Could you explain please?

Thank you.

EzHackusate__

Veteran
Its not about the electricity or the performance but its about the $$$. Buy a $500 PC and it more powerful than laptop that cost more than it.

Hz on monitor is the refresh rate. idk cant explain it
Ghz on CPU is the clock speed or smth for your processor. the more Ghz, the better clock speed. But sometimes you also want to look for cores. some cpu are 3.0 GHz but only has 4 cores and 8 threads. Some are 2.4 but has 8 cores and 16 threads

Mikayu

Tbh.. i bought a beast gaming laptop with i7 and 16 gb ram and like nvideo gtx 970 and stuff but a PC is always better.
laptop's are more portable and are way better on some stages..
PC's though can give you better experience on a more non-portable device..
PC's give you what you pay for and are way cheaper as well..
Laptops are a pure disappointment but are good sometimes..
I have a $2000 HP Omen 17 and it doesnt give me much of what I paid for but its decent. for some weird reason. every game gives me god FPS except for minecraft.. i get like 40 fps on MC..
Its honestly your choice on what you prefer...

Chivaro

I mean it really depends on what you prefer. If you travel alot I would advice you to buy a laptop because you can bring it anywhere you want. If you don't travel a lot then a pc would be the best choice.

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
Its not about the electricity or the performance but its about the $$$. Buy a $500 PC and it more powerful than laptop that cost more than it.

Hz on monitor is the refresh rate. idk cant explain it
Ghz on CPU is the clock speed or smth for your processor. the more Ghz, the better clock speed. But sometimes you also want to look for cores. some cpu are 3.0 GHz but only has 4 cores and 8 threads. Some are 2.4 but has 8 cores and 16 threads
About $400 is good, it might be too cheap though, but I could upgrade it if i want.
Tbh.. i bought a beast gaming laptop with i7 and 16 gb ram and like nvideo gtx 970 and stuff but a PC is always better.
laptop's are more portable and are way better on some stages..
PC's though can give you better experience on a more non-portable device..
PC's give you what you pay for and are way cheaper as well..
Laptops are a pure disappointment but are good sometimes..
I have a $2000 HP Omen 17 and it doesnt give me much of what I paid for but its decent. for some weird reason. every game gives me god FPS except for minecraft.. i get like 40 fps on MC..
Its honestly your choice on what you prefer...
I'll see about it, I think getting a good website would be cool, but I still don't get it, which would I value more, which is more important. A GPU?
I mean it really depends on what you prefer. If you travel alot I would advice you to buy a laptop because you can bring it anywhere you want. If you don't travel a lot then a pc would be the best choice.
I don't travel mch, but since I moved to a new country, I might go back to my old country and show off my computer to my friends. I only go to 3 places a lot. My country, where all my friends are, the place I live in, we just moved here, and one which is in the same country we moved, but just a different district since all my cousins and family-related people live.

EzHackusate__

Veteran
@Safdar there are some $400 builds but the budget doesn't include the monitor.
If you are just for 100% pure gaming, I suggest go for a cheap CPU maybe Pentium G4560 works as it is suggested on most cheap builds.i also suggest EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC for a decent and cheap gpu that goes for $150-$170.

every game gives me god FPS except for minecraft.. i get like 40 fps on MC..
are u sure u run the minecraft launcher with the graphics processor?
or updated java jre and java jdk?

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
@Safdar there are some $400 builds but the budget doesn't include the monitor.
If you are just for 100% pure gaming, I suggest go for a cheap CPU maybe Pentium G4560 works as it is suggested on most cheap builds.i also suggest EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC for a decent and cheap gpu that goes for $150-$170.

are u sure u run the minecraft launcher with the graphics processor?
or updated java jre and java jdk?
What's EVGA and ti? And gaming computers can be used for every use, right? What do you mean "100% pure gaming". I just want to have a good gaming experience along with other daily stuff I do on tge internet.

EzHackusate__

Veteran
What's EVGA and ti? And gaming computers can be used for every use, right? What do you mean "100% pure gaming". I just want to have a good gaming experience along with other daily stuff I do on tge internet.
just google it since i cant explain everything. 100% pure gaming means like u only game. no editing stuffs

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Well first of all, i would like to ask you what is your $budged which you are willing to spend on your PC.

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Hmm alright..
I highly doubt you can get a good pc for such amount.

Well let's go for a small explanation, of course google is always better choice for looking for information you need.

Both GPU amd CPU have a speed.
When it comes to CPU it is the number like 2.8GHz, 3.2GHz etc.
I belive it is per Second.
When looking for a CPU you need to look at that mainly, at least that is good info for those who aren't tech nerds. Besides GHz you also must look at the cores. Each CPU has a number of cores.
What are cores.. Well you could say it is space for data proccessing.

Ay let's do some comparing.
Let's take 3.8Ghz dual core and 2.8Ghz octa core.
3.8one is faster, at the first look and it is deoending which data you are proccessing. For example you open minecraft on both, 3.8one should start it faster, much faster.

Now second case is, you open minecraft,witcher, cod. At this point 3.8one would be slower. It does have speed but space is what it is missing.
Number of cores are like hands. 3.8has 2cores = 2hands while the other one has 8core=8 hands. In this case the 8one wins.
Ofc when looking for CPUs you want it to have both of these.
Lets say 3.6ghz octa core would be awesome.

For the 144thingy you asked. That is for monitors and gpu. 144Hz is refresh rate of your monitor, the more the better. By refreshe rate it means how many times it is capable to update your screen. It is similar to FPS but it is not same. Refresh rate could be like, let's say on/off. How many times it turns on and off.
144hz i belive is also looked in Seconds.
When buying dekstop you must make sure your GPU is capable of sending such amount of lets day picture to your screen. If your GPU can't then you just wasted money on the dektop.
Difference in Hz can be noticed by your eyes. 144hz vs 60hz. 144hz one is much much more smoother and it looks more realistic, like it has better fps etc.

When looking at GPU you also gotta look at it's speed and besides that there is also RAM.
Each GPU has it's own ram which is very bery important. 4GB on it is fine, 6is good while 8is godlike.

for your budget, which you said 400-600 sadly you can't get much from new PC.
That is ofc if you are building it from bottom.
The GPU you wish, nVidia GTX 1070.. Is around 350-400$.
If not more.
In your case, maybe GTX720 ti and maybe intel i3.
+ ram, power, hard disk. I am on phone so i can't build it according to $, but when i get on pc i belive i can get ya something.

LeoMinecrafter

Ultimate Legendary Pika
I suggest laptops, I'd suggest an 8-16 GB Ram, i7 intel core processor, GTX 10800, somewhere around 600-1000 dollars

Zrotix

Epic Pika
I suggest building a desktop. I used to have a laptop but after building a desktop, I don't really imagine myself ever playing on a laptop again.
Instead of a Gtx 1070 for a $500 budget, I'd recommend using a 1050ti or 1060. For the processor, I would use an i3-7100 or 7350K.
Are you willing to bump up your budget to $700? You can buy much better parts at that price.
For instance, I built my PC for around $700 with an i5, and gtx 1060. It isn't the best, but it does give me 500+ fps at medium-high settings ;)

For the monitor, I would get a 60hz or a 144hz. They are both pretty good (in my opinion) and do the job. If you're willing to raise your budget, get a 144hz.

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Guys.. He is building it from bottom, there is no way he can get such components for that price.
Gtx1060is 350$, i5 is i belive 250$. That is alreary over his budget. 144Hz desktops are above 200$.
+he also needs motherboard(100$), power supply(30$), hard disk(80$), ram(60$).
That is if he wants to have a very very good pc, but he said his budget is 500-700.

I have got myself i5, Gtx750ti, kingstone 8gb ram, motherboard(not sure which, supports ddr4), hard disk with 1TB hdd, power supply 700W, + pc box + dekstop for
For around 730$. There is no way he can get up 144Hz dektop and 1050+ GPU in this. The price would jump above 900$.

Mr. Villager

Pika Member
Well I want to tell you something : You Have an amout of cash,We(everyone) do not know how much you need to spend.But I will consider this was me and tell you what I like and dislike - laptop : as I see I really like them easy to go away with it and powerful (for me) RATE: 8.5/10 - computer : I do not like sitting on a chair 24/7 (I shouldn't say that .-.)If i want to stay in my house 24/7 for only playing games Well i would be now punished Cause you can't take your computer with u anywere u want but it have (if u want) more GB ram then a laptop has with less lag ANYWAYS if u want to buy a laptop i would recommand you 600$+ (not actually but more ram = better) if u want a gaming pc min is 1k$ i don't really know how much computer are but i don't really like computers well if you do..It's your choice at the end you will use your laptop/computer not us.

YOU WILL HAVE TO CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT AND NOT US!

Status
Not open for further replies.