Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Bans/Ipbans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daantje8

I'm probably not the first to bring this up,but its a major thing. The ban system. Everyone knows how the ban system works (if u don't behave/play fair u get banned). But since this is a cracked server. The punishments should be way harder.

-Ip ban for hackers
-Ban for major disrespect
-Temp-ban for smaller disrespect

This would stop the same players coming back as different names. So the amount of bad player can get lower ,instead of higher.

Andrew

Pika Member
Andrew i see your point, but i beg to differ on the ''does it solve anything? no'' bit
Banning for hacking is permanent. 3 bans are an ip ban (i think).
Permenant bans in this way is good since if you really liked that acc, you have to pay to get it unbanned, the financial downfall might offer incentive not to hack again.
Ip bans in the current system means that you arent ip banned immediately for the reasons theyo highlighted.

Although people can bypass the bans by making a new account, they can only do this very few times until they eventually get ip banned (if they continue hacking)
Ip banning IS effective since a using a proxy means higher ping, makes the server less enjoyable to play on, and theyll probs eventually give up. (Oh btw, any staff reading this, consider a proxy detector plugin? Some other servers have it and they seem to work well).

I think the best solution is to wait for a antihack to be implemented on all the servers. Although it the best solution, its also the hardest to implement. The new skywars one released recently seems to work well too. Im sure theyre already looking into expanding the PAC to other servers, its just a matter of time. Soon the number of hackers will dramatically decrease :D

you are verry wrong at a few bits.
->Ip banning IS effective since a using a proxy means higher ping,<-
you don't need a proxy. at all.
unplugg your modem for about 5 secs, plug back in, re-estabilish internet connection and you got a brand new ip.
it takes far more effort to use a proxy then to re-set the modem.
loosing the character is not important to a cheater.
they can get money within minutes by cheating, ultimately it means they can get stacks of godapples, and god sets.
the only single thing you might miss is the name.
however, anyone with more than a single braincell, would use the alternate accounts for cheating and grinding money and stuff.
and transfer the money to the "real" account, along with some interesting loot.

so your point, that ip-ban is in any ways usefull in stoping people from cheating..
is invalid. banned? no problem, new name.
Ip banned? noo problem. new ip.
there aren't that mutch players on pika, at least half of the registered users are alt.accounts.

this hurts pika on financial scale too,
only fools need to purchase an unban.

what can make a character valuable?
usefull mcmmo skills that take time to grind.
you would not want to "loose" a character that had to grind a lot to get some nice mcmmo skills.
if, skills wold work properly. this leads back to my other suggestion thread, a good example is smelting and salvage.
there has to be ways of making it available to grind a skill, and get reasonable income from that skill.

server forcing the usage of a given texture pack -as i mentioned before- is allso a feature i would like, many basic x-ray cheats are just a texture pack with transparent textures.
a signed tamper free client is a nother mandatory item to prevent people from cheating.
as punishment after cheating is allready too late.

OP
OP
Daantje8

Daantje8

Andrew doesn't mean that they hack, that they know how to change their ip. I would say that only 50% or less would know how to. So this is an effective way obviously.

JamaicanBoyMc

Our fight against hackers is not effortless, Helpers have the sole purpose of finding cheaters and punishing them. Mods take that to another level by finding cheaters, punishing them, and handling forums. Admins take care of the server, staff, and forums. Then we have Pizza, he takes care of his cheese. We also have thav, the model Head-Admin, always on focus. No but seriously, the staff team never has stopped the effort against hackers and as long as we are here, we won't stop.
Yet still when im fighting hackers and loads of staff are on and i spam in chat no one of em tp to the guy you guys dont care about hackers u are effortless towards them

Andrew

Pika Member
according to you then, 50% of people can't google on how to change public ip, and follow any of the tutorials ?
you know, that would be verry silly to start with :D

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
We care same for both normal and donator members. Donators do not get any other stuff that their rank provides.
And there are reasons why some 'hackers' arent banned.
If a better player comes, 90%of the server will say he hacks, but the thing is, most of the people don't know how to use mouse so..
Just because you cant beat someone doesnt mean he hacks, simple.. And trust me if you think he hacks, there is high chance you are wrong, very wrong

Draegoner

Veteran
Changing your ip by resetting your modem is an option available to very few people. I personally cant do it, my isp doesnt work like that.

MouraThat

Veteran
This is a good suggestion as the amount of hackers and offenders just keeps rising.
However like TheYo outlined ip banning bans the innocent to sometimes like if they have brothers or sisters or play in a club thats why its only used for very severe things however temp ip banning is a great idea opticulz 10/10

Andrew

Pika Member
Changing your ip by resetting your modem is an option available to very few people. I personally cant do it, my isp doesnt work like that.

please describe.
where do you live, and what kind of connection you have, that you have no controll over re-setting it.

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
every router can change it's ip just by reseting it.

Andrew

Pika Member
that is highly unlikely for sure.
unplugg the modem, and then plug it in. that is a reset.
even in the uk.

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
nop, let me change what i said, EVERY modem changes IP when it switches on/off.

it MUST...

Andrew

Pika Member
nop, let me change what i said, EVERY modem changes IP when it switches on/off.

it MUST...

mmmmm if they are on DHCP then they do.
otherwise no.

you can get a fixed ip, if you have a busines plan internet access (not allways required, some connections are fixed ip as deafult, but its rare) and in that case whatever happens, the given modem will allways get the same ip adress to allow DNS servers to redirect traffic properly.

actually there was a time, i'm not sure as my memory does not serves me as the years go by..
it was malta or ciprus, not sure.
anyways, the WHOLE country had a SINGLE ip addres public outside the country.
meaning if you would ip-ban someone from there, no one from that country could log in, lol.

Qatar, if i recall correctly still has a single ip addres.
just some random interesting facts.

but te UK is not a place where this would be a practice.

anyways the point is, on reset modems send out a request on the uplink port to get an addres.
the common methood is that then it gets an address from the pool provided by the ISP.
sortha like DHCP works. not allways like that, but simular fashion.

//actualy i'm a cisco certifed network guy. If you had any doubts.//

Andrew

Pika Member
anyways the fact is that banning an ip addres will only lead to the person obtaining a new one and contiu hacking.
it is not a real punishment.
and absolutely does not prevents cheating at all.
maybe brings a pause of few secunds at most.
and the same is true for banning the MAC address.

simply not meaningfull at all on any level.

xJasperMx

Rare Pika
IGN
xJasperMx
Then again, dont forget that the minecraft community is quite young in general. They dont all have this knowledge so ip ban can work at some times.

But also dont forget, there will always be tricks/ways to avoid a (ip)ban etc. nothing is 100% perfect.

Andrew

Pika Member
sure, most of the players are verry young indeed.
iabsolutely agree with you, not all of them have the knowledge to unpkugg a modem than plugg it back in.
but on the otherhand i'm pretty sure they can use google, and find instructions on how to unplugg and plugg devices.

i would still say a tamper-free client is a better option, to bypass that you need far more skills.
as you sayd, nothing is bulletproof,
but there is a big difference beween a sheet of silk, and a sheet of steel.

c19rc

Hai Jasperrrrrrr

Anyways, don't hackers already get an IP ban ?

Status
Not open for further replies.