Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Bans/Ipbans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daantje8

I'm probably not the first to bring this up,but its a major thing. The ban system. Everyone knows how the ban system works (if u don't behave/play fair u get banned). But since this is a cracked server. The punishments should be way harder.

-Ip ban for hackers
-Ban for major disrespect
-Temp-ban for smaller disrespect

This would stop the same players coming back as different names. So the amount of bad player can get lower ,instead of higher.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
i agree with this... (As this is sorta like the 2014 rule) but honestly i don't think this will be reimplemented anymore... Sadly...

N

Nignogery

I'm probably not the first to bring this up,but its a major thing. The ban system. Everyone knows how the ban system works (if u don't behave/play fair u get banned). But since this is a cracked server. The punishments should be way harder.

-Ip ban for hackers
-Ban for major disrespect
-Temp-ban for smaller disrespect

This would stop the same players coming back as different names. So the amount of bad player can get lower ,instead of higher.
No, i got banned for killaura, i don't want to get ipbanned okay?

zadjalixx

Pika Member
I cant agree more, but some people should be given some time to consider and look at what mistake they have done, to make things right and get back to community, so for the permeant ban an unban request is essential to give people another chance to make things right, rather than banning them forever.

Roy_

Legendary Pika
I cant agree more, but some people should be given some time to consider and look at what mistake they have done, to make things right and get back to community, so for the permeant ban an unban request is essential to give people another chance to make things right, rather than banning them forever.
People already can make ban appeals..

zadjalixx

Pika Member
People already can make ban appeals..
Well the ban appeal is to disagree with the reasons you were banned.
What I meant is to have unban requests acknowledging that you were indeed mistaken and you read the rules.
Also patience of the person who got banned will be tested.
Could take months until one gets unbanned.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
But there is one fault for this.... The Ban Manager bans are false bans because its outdated.... and it bans people for 30M under the assumption of "Suspicious Kill-Aura"

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Problem comes if you have a Brother/Sister, if you play at some other places, Gaming clubs etc..it can lead to punishment for those who are innocent.
Of course IpBan for Hackers is Great idea, but good players who get banned because of foolish little brothers or some random person from city that visits same place as you. Currently Moderators+ have access to IPs and it is very easy for us to remove those who hack multiple times, Plugin gives us good commands to easly see IPs, it is even Automatic, you could say "SPAMMING" our chat, usually the reason we don't see what some of you are trying to tell us.

Andrew

Pika Member
it does not takes anything extra to reset the connection , its dynamic ip so ip-ban does not stop anyone from making a new name withing like.. 5 secs and continue cheating.

Opticlulz

Veteran
Keep in mind that this is a cracked server and there will always be a way to comtinue playing.

Opticlulz

Veteran
true, but why does it have to be efforthless ?
it is quite unfair towards the non-cheaters.
Our fight against hackers is not effortless, Helpers have the sole purpose of finding cheaters and punishing them. Mods take that to another level by finding cheaters, punishing them, and handling forums. Admins take care of the server, staff, and forums. Then we have Pizza, he takes care of his cheese. We also have thav, the model Head-Admin, always on focus. No but seriously, the staff team never has stopped the effort against hackers and as long as we are here, we won't stop.

Andrew

Pika Member
Our fight against hackers is not effortless, Helpers have the sole purpose of finding cheaters and punishing them. Mods take that to another level by finding cheaters, punishing them, and handling forums. Admins take care of the server, staff, and forums. Then we have Pizza, he takes care of his cheese. We also have thav, the model Head-Admin, always on focus. No but seriously, the staff team never has stopped the effort against hackers and as long as we are here, we won't stop.

i think you misunderastood me.
you guys do invest a lot of efforth into banning/punishing cheaters.
but its efforthless for them to just sign in with a brand new name and continue cheating like nothing happend.
the biggest punishment, ipbanning, can be bypassed within 5 secs.
reset connection log in with an alternate account or create a new one and there you have it.
all your efforth was ... for no real consequence.
most of the cheaters you guys catch are just a handfull of persons.

allso you can not prevent cheating, just catch the "name" after the cheat took place.
in otherwords, too late. it has allready been done.

tipical scenario, cheater blows a base up , had kill aura during raid.
you guys ban the "name".
case closed on your end.
problems:
-> the base had been blown up, so you are allready late.
-> after banning the "name", the same player just relogs the server under a different name in a few secunds, and continoues his / her dirty business.
-> radied faction allready lost the base, urrevelant if the offender got banned or not.
-> offender was forced to change the name only, not the behaviour. instead of .. for example "pvp_god" he /she just makes a new username, "pvp_king" and this is all you can achieve. nothing more.

did you ban the account? Yes.
does it solve anything ? No.

sad, i really feal sorry for you guys, i mean i see you are doing a lot of work to ban cheaters, but in reality you can only force them to change the name they use. nothing more.

Draegoner

Veteran
Andrew i see your point, but i beg to differ on the ''does it solve anything? no'' bit
Banning for hacking is permanent. 3 bans are an ip ban (i think).
Permenant bans in this way is good since if you really liked that acc, you have to pay to get it unbanned, the financial downfall might offer incentive not to hack again.
Ip bans in the current system means that you arent ip banned immediately for the reasons theyo highlighted.

Although people can bypass the bans by making a new account, they can only do this very few times until they eventually get ip banned (if they continue hacking)
Ip banning IS effective since a using a proxy means higher ping, makes the server less enjoyable to play on, and theyll probs eventually give up. (Oh btw, any staff reading this, consider a proxy detector plugin? Some other servers have it and they seem to work well).

I think the best solution is to wait for a antihack to be implemented on all the servers. Although it the best solution, its also the hardest to implement. The new skywars one released recently seems to work well too. Im sure theyre already looking into expanding the PAC to other servers, its just a matter of time. Soon the number of hackers will dramatically decrease :D

xJasperMx

Rare Pika
Helpers have the sole purpose of finding cheaters and punishing them. Mods take that to another level by finding cheaters, punishing them, and handling forums. Admins take care of the server, staff, and forums. Then we have Pizza, he takes care of his cheese. We also have thav, the model Head-Admin, always on focus. No but seriously, the staff team never has stopped the effort against hackers and as long as we are here, we won't stop.

I agree with you, the staff does alot of effort to find and punish hackers. ( ofcourse we as a comunnity should be involved to by recording and reporting them to help out ).

But isnt the main idea of a Helper to function as a Helpdesk/problem manager? It can be that it changed since my time tho ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.