Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Global Allow Heart Indicators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokefyre

Pika Lover
Minecraft Username:
Pokefyre

Suggestion:
Allow Heart Indicators

Detailed description:
I know this just got suggested, But it is a very dumb rule. I don't think that Damage indicators give any unfair advantages as everyone can download it (even people with cracked accounts)
there are many reasons why this should be allowed again.​

Reason(s):
1. like I said above anyone can download it so it doesn't give an advantage to anyone because they can easily install one.
2. Every other server has it. I have never seen a server without either have indicators built in or allowed I don't feel like its fair if this is the only server I cant use it on
3. even minigames in this server has damage indicators built in.
4. it is practically impossible to tell if someone is using it and will just cause more false punishments
5. only a few of the entire server agreed with the "new rule". most of them are against it. (everyone I have talked to is against it)
6. the punishments are too hard, you can better using a hacked client (not that I suggest it!). it got the same punishment as having heart/dmg indicators. (perm ban if active)
7. damage indicator is on the ALLOWED list and at the same time on the DISALLOWED list. so even the management is confused what to do with the rule (https://pika-network.net/threads/allowed-disallowed-modifications.49835/)
I don't even know why you disallowed it in the first place but it should not be disallowed.​

Thijme01

Staff Member
Sr Mod
Heart/damage indicators give a huge advantage to those using them over those who aren't. That's why they're disallowed.
You can't know someone else's health without using those indicators if the indicators aren't built into the gamemode (like they are on minigames for example). Making them allowed again would give an unfair advantage to players using them because they would be able to see something that other players have no way of seeing.
Every other reason has been already explained.
Why not disallowed EACH client? only vanilla allowed? each client got things build in that give a adventage. what i stated before armor HUD and potion effect are the best examples. (edit: i dont want that to happen ofc, i used it as example!)

Last edited:

Unawarely

The Pika
but at the same time like I said any1 can download them and if they are disallowed then at least shorten the ban instead of having the same punishment as having a hacked client?? and then explain armor HUD and potion effects if heart indicators are bannable then aren't these unfair advantages
I don't want to speak for MrFrenco or the owners or whoever accepted this suggestion and made it happen, but my best guess is that they think heart indicator is a much bigger advantage then armor hud and potion effects. For example, armor hud can be replicated by pressing e, potion hud can be replicated by pressing e, heart indicator under no circumstances ever in the history of vanilla minecraft could ever be replicated.

OP
OP
P

Pokefyre

Pika Lover
I don't want to speak for MrFrenco or the owners or whoever accepted this suggestion and made it happen, but my best guess is that they think heart indicator is a much bigger advantage then armor hud and potion effects. For example, armor hud can be replicated by pressing e, potion hud can be replicated by pressing e, heart indicator under no circumstances ever in the history of vanilla minecraft could ever be replicated.
I definitely see where you are coming from but its still a bit of an advantage it saves you from pressing e to see your armor when you can just keep fighting

Unawarely

The Pika
I definitely see where you are coming from but its still a bit of an advantage it saves you from pressing e to see your armor when you can just keep fighting
But don't you see how pressing e or not pressing e isn't such a big deal? and it can be easily done through vanilla. However, heart indicators could not be done through vanilla

Thijme01

Staff Member
Sr Mod
But don't you see how pressing e or not pressing e isn't such a big deal? and it can be easily done through vanilla. However, heart indicators could not be done through vanilla
It gives a huge adventage, pressing E or just look at your screen, you could just hit alteast 10+
times extra during that time.

Unawarely

The Pika
It gives a huge adventage, pressing E or just look at your screen, you could just hit alteast 10+
I disagree, you could probably be hit 1 or 2 but I think it definitely takes less then a second for a good player to quickly press e, take a look at their armor, then press e again or esc and then continue fighting.

Lt_akgamings

Great Reporter
Detailed description:
I know this just got suggested, But it is a very dumb rule. I don't think that Damage indicators give any unfair advantages as everyone can download it (even people with cracked accounts)
+1, Everyone can download hacks too...

Thijme01

Staff Member
Sr Mod
I disagree, you could probably be hit 1 or 2 but I think it definitely takes less then a second for a good player to quickly press e, take a look at their armor, then press e again or esc and then continue fighting.
Still, i dont care what adventage it gives, it gives a big adventage above other players. Adventage=adventage.

Krekkers

Veteran
Oke.

It should be disallowed.
Reason.
It allows people to see the others health.
As many competitive people would understand that health indicator is like people going trough your medical history.
It will change the strategy of the user using it to be use a more aggressive play-style when opponent is low.

The fact is that every other allowed mod can be done trough vanilla.
How hard is it to press E.
Or to count pots.

In my opinion.
This mod should be disallowed and everyone still using it punished.

Doesn't matter if the person your against knows you hp.
I use a strat that is commonly known as hiding my health to appear stronger.
This way I can confuse my opponent.

7. damage indicator is on the ALLOWED list and at the same time on the DISALLOWED list. so even the management is confused what to do with the rule (https://pika-network.net/threads/allowed-disallowed-modifications.49835/)
Bug report it.
+1, Everyone can download hacks too...
HAHAHHAHA​

there are many reasons why this should be allowed again.
Since when can you see people their hp in vanilla.

About that looking in your inventory takes time.
Of-course.
But that data is yours and you only know that.
If health display is allowed.
Why not see the other person his inventory?

Its simply not the information you can get trough normal means (health indicator).

-Krekkers

Thijme01

Staff Member
Sr Mod
Oke.

It should be disallowed.
Reason.
It allows people to see the others health.
As many competitive people would understand that health indicator is like people going trough your medical history.
It will change the strategy of the user using it to be use a more aggressive play-style when opponent is low.

The fact is that every other allowed mod can be done trough vanilla.
How hard is it to press E.
Or to count pots.

In my opinion.
This mod should be disallowed and everyone still using it punished.

Doesn't matter if the person your against knows you hp.
I use a strat that is commonly known as hiding my health to appear stronger.
This way I can confuse my opponent.

Bug report it.

HAHAHHAHA

Since when can you see people their hp in vanilla.

About that looking in your inventory takes time.
Of-course.
But that data is yours and you only know that.
If health display is allowed.
Why not see the other person his inventory?

Its simply not the information you can get trough normal means (health indicator).

-Krekkers
Good arguments, but how are you going to moderate it?

Unawarely

The Pika
Well, that would be a sin. and my pc would die.
I will get qded in nodebuff because I take risks that only work when the opponent doens't know my hearts, a skill only gotten through gamesense, meaning there is a mod to make up for gamesense which in my opinion is not competitive.

Arrly

Staff Member
Manager
IGN
Arrly
but at the same time like I said any1 can download them and if they are disallowed then at least shorten the ban instead of having the same punishment as having a hacked client?? and then explain armor HUD and potion effects if heart indicators are bannable then aren't these unfair advantages
Everyone can download hacked clients too, but that doesn't make them allowed.
Shortening the ban doesn't really make much sense as the ban is always permanent for unfair advantages, regardless of what advantage it is. If we shorten the ban length for heart/damage indicators, we would have to do the same for auto clickers, macros, different kinds of hacks, etc. That simply doesn't make sense. Those indicators are unfair like every other unfair advantage, therefore they should carry the same punishment.
About detecting them, there is no need for you to worry about that. The only thing you should worry about is not to use them as they are against the rules.
Why not disallowed EACH client? only vanilla allowed? each client got things build in that give a adventage. what i stated before armor HUD and potion effect are the best examples. (edit: i dont want that to happen ofc, i used it as example!)
Because most mods/clients give you the same information you already have, just in a more accessible way, for example, your armor status or your potion counter. Those modifications are not giving you the information you normally don't have. They are just making it easier to collect the information you already have. Damage/heart indicators make you able to know something you normally would have literally 0 way to know.
Still, i dont care what adventage it gives, it gives a big adventage above other players. Adventage=adventage.
Hacked clients give an advantage too, but we (obviously) do not allow them. Why? Because they give an advantage normally not obtainable in a vanilla way (additional reach, reduced knockback, etc). The same applies to damage/heart indicators. Modifications like potion counter, as I already said, just make something you already know easier for you to know, while damage/heart indicators give you the information you don't normally have.

StoPizza

Veteran
+1 for only OpFactions and Factions, @JacePlayZ
Stupidest thing I’ve seen. If you allow it on pvp servers allow it on SkyBlock since there is outpost there, allow on OPPrison since the pvp warp is active af.... just everywhere.

Ever since this modification has been disallowed my ingame experience has been going downhill.
I don’t get why we allow stuff like Armor display is allowed, pot display and more. You get the same advantage with using them.
This has to be changed back and I’m sure that everyone wants it. +1

Unawarely

The Pika
Everyone can download hacked clients too, but that doesn't make them allowed.
Shortening the ban doesn't really make much sense as the ban is always permanent for unfair advantages, regardless of what advantage it is. If we shorten the ban length for heart/damage indicators, we would have to do the same for auto clickers, macros, different kinds of hacks, etc. That simply doesn't make sense. Those indicators are unfair like every other unfair advantage, therefore they should carry the same punishment.
About detecting them, there is no need for you to worry about that. The only thing you should worry about is not to use them as they are against the rules.

Because most mods/clients give you the same information you already have, just in a more accessible way, for example, your armor status or your potion counter. Those modifications are not giving you the information you normally don't have. They are just making it easier to collect the information you already have. Damage/heart indicators make you able to know something you normally would have literally 0 way to know.

Hacked clients give an advantage too, but we (obviously) do not allow them. Why? Because they give an advantage normally not obtainable in a vanilla way (additional reach, reduced knockback, etc). The same applies to damage/heart indicators. Modifications like potion counter, as I already said, just make something you already know easier for you to know, while damage/heart indicators give you the information you don't normally have.
I think the ban system needs to be reworked actually

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
IGN
RyanDoesPvP
Disallow any other way of clicking. Like dragclicking, butterfly clicking, jitterclicking too

Status
Not open for further replies.