Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Practice Suggestion: Practise Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DqrkneZz

Veteran
Suggestion:
Practise Updates

Detailed description:
Well ladies and gentlemen, today I present you yet with another suggestion (The cringe is real) Practise, a minigame about practising your pvp skills which has a lot of bugs, glitches and needs some updates to make the players' experience better!

1)Bugs: a) Practise has a lot of bugs and glitches, one being the no-hit glitch where for some time you cannot hit your enemy with your sword until you switch to your rod and hit him or shoot him with an arrow.
b) The second bug which is mostly noted on Build UHC is the lava and water placement glitch which does not allow players to get back their lava or water. That is essential for a good Build UHC gamemode and leads to false playstyle of build uhc. In build uhc, lava and water play a big role but with this glitch, this is unavailable.
c) Breaking blogs bug. This bug is also mostly seen on build uhc and combobuild where you cannot break your own blocks or your enemy's blocks, leading to campers and people building skybases. That can also lead to you trapping yourself without wanting to and not be able to escape your own trap or your enemy's trap.
d) WARNING: This is not entirely a bug.
There is no building limit to the sky which allows campers to make huge skybases and be unreachable for the players who try meaninglessly to build high enough and attack them. There should be a build limit of 6 or 7 blocks which would prevent campers.

2) Uhc Meetup: Uhc meetup has long enough been unavailable. It is my view that this practise addition should be finally implemented after a long time. This will make more people join practise only to play meetup and compete against many different skilled players to see who is the best and win! Some people even believe this is already implemented since it is on the selector so that causes confusion hence it should be either removed from the selector or be finally implemented.

3 )Leaderboards and more help options: I will start this aspect of my suggestion with more help options. There is a way to kinda see your stats and the command is /bstats but there is no way where a player can learn that. I for example went through every single command to find it just because I wanted to see my kills and deaths. And it's not even clear which are kills and deaths and such...The other way is simply go to your stats but that isn't good enough for a popular server like pika. Create commands to see your kills and deaths like the old practise with a simple /ks or /rank. I see no reason why this has been removed along with many features as well. Those commands should be accessed with the simple /help command.

Next is the leaderboards. Everyone wants to see their stats and how good they are and I am sure of it as an old player of practise. Those leaderboards should go three different ways. Kills, Killsteak and Elo. It should show the top 7 like the good old practise. But that is not all. There should be leaderboard part of the forums where there is a leaderboard showing kills, deaths, matches played, elo on every gamemode etc showing every single player of Practise who has a certain amount of matches player. Why a certain amount of matches you may ask. Well, because listing every single player who has ever played practise would be too hard to implement and there's no reason to show people who have played one or two matches. This would require much work to be implemented but would improve the quality of practise, the forums and the server itself.

4) 2v2: Now that's a more simple one. We all want to play with our friends against others, am I right? 2v2 would have two aspects. a)Unranked and ranked random ladder where random people join a 2v2 build uhc for example and play with 1 random person against two others. The two teammates should be not able to hit each other in any shape or form to prevent confusion. Like 1v1, the 2v2 ladder would have elo and a leaderboard for it. b)Party 2v2. This would be really simple, you make a party with your friend and you are able to still join the 2v2 ladders but be team with your friend instead of a stranger. The elo would be the same.

5)NOTE: This is not really needed.
The fifth thing that should be added is brining uhcf back. The reason is both nostalgia and because it was a great gamemode. On summer, you could see everyone playing it and being addicted to it (Including me). It both included speed II and a rod and gapples which is a mix of Build uhc and Nodebuff. A similar mode to it right now is Final UHC but it isn't preferable because it is too complicated and usually, PvPers want something more simplistic where they can train everything that the gamemode they are playing offers.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Practice
Forums

Reason:
I included the reasons in the detailed suggestion of the suggestion for my own convenience and because I wanted it to look more complete and more elegant. I am sorry if this isn't how a normal suggestion should go but for a detailed suggestion like that, I could not find another way to explain anything.

But the basic reason for all those changes is to improve the gaming experience on practise and generally on pika network and make practise a better place for eager minecraft players who want to practise their pvp skills or play with their beloved friends. It is my opinion that all those changes would help pika and particularly practise and the forums in some way too. I also think that if a practise like that is made, it would attract even more players and make both practise and Pika Network more popular and more well-known.

Because I wanted to say too much stuff, I might have forgotten some of it so if you have anything else to suggest, say it on the comments of this suggestion. Thank you all, Dark.

Example:

chris2789

Pika Member
Suggestion:
Practise Updates

Detailed description:
Well ladies and gentlemen, today I present you yet with another suggestion (The cringe is real) Practise, a minigame about practising your pvp skills which has a lot of bugs, glitches and needs some updates to make the players' experience better!

1)Bugs: a) Practise has a lot of bugs and glitches, one being the no-hit glitch where for some time you cannot hit your enemy with your sword until you switch to your rod and hit him or shoot him with an arrow.
b) The second bug which is mostly noted on Build UHC is the lava and water placement glitch which does not allow players to get back their lava or water. That is essential for a good Build UHC gamemode and leads to false playstyle of build uhc. In build uhc, lava and water play a big role but with this glitch, this is unavailable.
c) Breaking blogs bug. This bug is also mostly seen on build uhc and combobuild where you cannot break your own blocks or your enemy's blocks, leading to campers and people building skybases. That can also lead to you trapping yourself without wanting to and not be able to escape your own trap or your enemy's trap.
d) WARNING: This is not entirely a bug.
There is no building limit to the sky which allows campers to make huge skybases and be unreachable for the players who try meaninglessly to build high enough and attack them. There should be a build limit of 6 or 7 blocks which would prevent campers.

2) Uhc Meetup: Uhc meetup has long enough been unavailable. It is my view that this practise addition should be finally implemented after a long time. This will make more people join practise only to play meetup and compete against many different skilled players to see who is the best and win! Some people even believe this is already implemented since it is on the selector so that causes confusion hence it should be either removed from the selector or be finally implemented.

3 )Leaderboards and more help options: I will start this aspect of my suggestion with more help options. There is a way to kinda see your stats and the command is /bstats but there is no way where a player can learn that. I for example went through every single command to find it just because I wanted to see my kills and deaths. And it's not even clear which are kills and deaths and such...The other way is simply go to your stats but that isn't good enough for a popular server like pika. Create commands to see your kills and deaths like the old practise with a simple /ks or /rank. I see no reason why this has been removed along with many features as well. Those commands should be accessed with the simple /help command.

Next is the leaderboards. Everyone wants to see their stats and how good they are and I am sure of it as an old player of practise. Those leaderboards should go three different ways. Kills, Killsteak and Elo. It should show the top 7 like the good old practise. But that is not all. There should be leaderboard part of the forums where there is a leaderboard showing kills, deaths, matches played, elo on every gamemode etc showing every single player of Practise who has a certain amount of matches player. Why a certain amount of matches you may ask. Well, because listing every single player who has ever played practise would be too hard to implement and there's no reason to show people who have played one or two matches. This would require much work to be implemented but would improve the quality of practise, the forums and the server itself.

4) 2v2: Now that's a more simple one. We all want to play with our friends against others, am I right? 2v2 would have two aspects. a)Unranked and ranked random ladder where random people join a 2v2 build uhc for example and play with 1 random person against two others. The two teammates should be not able to hit each other in any shape or form to prevent confusion. Like 1v1, the 2v2 ladder would have elo and a leaderboard for it. b)Party 2v2. This would be really simple, you make a party with your friend and you are able to still join the 2v2 ladders but be team with your friend instead of a stranger. The elo would be the same.

5)NOTE: This is not really needed.
The fifth thing that should be added is brining uhcf back. The reason is both nostalgia and because it was a great gamemode. On summer, you could see everyone playing it and being addicted to it (Including me). It both included speed II and a rod and gapples which is a mix of Build uhc and Nodebuff. A similar mode to it right now is Final UHC but it isn't preferable because it is too complicated and usually, PvPers want something more simplistic where they can train everything that the gamemode they are playing offers.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Practice
Forums

Reason:
I included the reasons in the detailed suggestion of the suggestion for my own convenience and because I wanted it to look more complete and more elegant. I am sorry if this isn't how a normal suggestion should go but for a detailed suggestion like that, I could not find another way to explain anything.

But the basic reason for all those changes is to improve the gaming experience on practise and generally on pika network and make practise a better place for eager minecraft players who want to practise their pvp skills or play with their beloved friends. It is my opinion that all those changes would help pika and particularly practise and the forums in some way too. I also think that if a practise like that is made, it would attract even more players and make both practise and Pika Network more popular and more well-known.

Because I wanted to say too much stuff, I might have forgotten some of it so if you have anything else to suggest, say it on the comments of this suggestion. Thank you all, Dark.

Example:
Really well written based on true facts +1 in my book!

StepUpStylish

Pika Member
Practice is a bit underwhelming.... I have died a bunch of times because of the glitches. They should really update it and fix the glitches ASAP.

Good Post Mate.

U-RITE

Forum Fantasiser
I won't let this thread die until an answer has been given.

Eshan

+1 It's great suggestion for updating/improving Practise server.

iactivateMC

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Don't really play Practise but I can tell it has a lot of bugs and glitches. My opinion is +1 or let's just say infinity

Arceus

Legendary Pika
The facts are true +1 also practice knockback and hit detection should be improved

Jeckicorn

Veteran
Yes please, torture the Builders to make 50 more pvp maps good idea!
Honestly, +1 since I don't have anything better to do as a Builder.

nd618

Supporter
+1 , It will solve some problems and "refresh" server .

Status
Not open for further replies.