Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion: [Plugin Suggestion] Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcoughee

Suggestion:
[Plugin Suggestion] Friends

Detailed description:
So, I got suggestions for adding the /friends plugin and to add some new features to be added on it to make it even better

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Kit-PvP
Prison
OP-Prison
Factions
OP-Factions
Practice
Galactix
Classic Factions
Survival
NYCreative
OP-Skyblock
Classic Skyblock
Skywars
Eggwars
OP-Eggwars
SurvivalGames
Buildwars

Reason:
The /friends feature was a big change for other servers since you didn't need to search in the Tab player list anymore.
But...
There are some suggestions I'd like you to comment on.
My first suggestion is to show a message when your friends log off.

"But, Chiyoon, this is useless, there's no point in it."
Well, there is, actually.
If you're in a roleplay, in a game or such, a friend crashes and the message appears. You'd actually know, in a way, that your friend didn't leave the game voluntarily. If he crashes suddenly, it's evident that he's offline instead of doing /friends to see if he's online and look through the long list of online friends and offline. It's a good idea in my opinion, but that's just me.

Second suggestion: Show if your friends are in a game.
So you know when you do /friends and it shows in which server they are?
Not all people go to a server just to play the game, some just go to hang out. And that is why I suggest to add a message that lets you know if they are in game, because you don't want to annoy them while they're playing a game, right? You might even cause them to lose, so yeah.

Third suggestion: Show when a friend muted friend chat.
If you want to talk to a friend about today and such, but they muted the friend chat, there'd be no point in talking to them if you know what I mean.

Well those are my suggestions.

Example:
http://imgur.com/a/vTXhb

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
I think this would actually be great considering what kind of server Pika is. If something similar to (sorry if this is not allowed to be said) Mineplex's friends system was added, it could be really beneficial to the server! Not everyone I talk to on Pika uses teamspeak or discord, and it can be difficult to tell if they are online. With a global friends plugin, you could see what friends were online and on what servers. Say you wanted to do some minigames with people you actually know, but none of your friends are online in survival. Instead of server hopping multiple times, you could just do /friends, bringing up the menu that will tell you if they are online, and what server they are on. Obviously, the friend request would have to go both ways. You wouldn't be able to see this info unless the other person accepted your friend request. Considering Pika is multi-server and includes a ton of minigames, this would actually be a great feature if implemented correctly

MmEXTREME

Veteran
I think it might be a good idea, but in the same time a bad one, Good luck

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
I agree with Davidva, also it will be a custom plugin that needs to be added on all servers which might cause problems connecting eachother

It wouldn't have issues connecting between servers. Plenty of similar minigames servers have this type of plugin without issues because the benefits are really great on multi-gamemode servers like Pika

U-RITE

Forum Fantasiser
+1, Cubecraft has this and it's awesome.

Not necessary -1
It's not about if something is necessary or not, it's about if it will improve the gaming experience and its popularity. If Pika goes down the "Only add things that are necessary" path (What is happening for about a year now), it will ruin the server completely. See, coinflip isn't necessary in factions, but people like it and that's why it has been added.

Lowhealth

Banned
It wouldn't have issues connecting between servers. Plenty of similar minigames servers have this type of plugin without issues because the benefits are really great on multi-gamemode servers like Pika
That is way different since it are not all the same servers at Pika.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
That is way different since it are not all the same servers at Pika.

I'm not sure what you mean at all. It's the same concept, and it helps in the same way. I'm amazed that you and David have so much opposition to a plugin that would be non-intrusive and generally helpful for most players on Pika.

OP
OP
xcoughee

xcoughee

Pika is one of #1 cracked servers it would be hard to find your friend in the tab list in such events or weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.