Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Suggestion: Pika Network App

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
Suggestion:
Pika Network App

Detailed description:
I know that it is alot to ask, but it would be a great addition to have,

But hey, thats why its called a Suggestion
it would take alot of talented developers and people who have knowledge with developing apps and that stuff. And i get it if this gets denied because to make this there is money needed and pika could invest it's recources for much better things such as server hosting.

The app would be best if its not just a straight copy of the browser files of the site, but a somewhat equally designed application, ported over from the site
we have some talented people in the community aswell, wich we can trust to help (Like DutchSmash, an intellegent I.T , if hes interested)
This would/could require a team to update the app frequently
(wich could be a reason for denial because of lack of recources)

If this gets denied i would like to get a reason for its denial. And if you found the suggestion good or not, i gatheres information and made alot of effort to create this.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Other

Reason:
Alot of people are on playing on Pika-Network and some of them play every day and love the community, some even bought the TeamSpeak client on their phone, just for Pika Network.

i hate it when i am in traffic on my way to home, and i get notified by friends on WhatsApp about an update or anything else important, so i open the slow loading laggy browser version, (wich i have to login on every time because ''remember me'''doesnt work for some phones,)
an app would be working way better, since it could load better and work better on 3G.
An arguement you may have that is against my suggestion would be; ''but we have the browser version and most players will only use the forums via their pc
well, some peope would use their phone to visit the forums aswell.

Im putting this out there for the community to decide with me, remember your voice is beeing heared, without you pika wouldnt be here!
I have been thinking of making this a long time now, but i tought i needed some arguements against it aswell to see if it would really be helpful.

I understand if this will get denied, because we need alot of recources we may not have
But hey, thats why its called a Suggestion ;-)
This would be a huge effort to make, but the community will definately profit from it

Example:
There is not really an example to show.

OP
OP
SmashArmsHD

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
Not much Posotive feelings about this one :confused::oops:

But! I'm still giving it a shot:)

~ Logically ~

Banned
Pretty unique suggestion, though, I do see your idea in a high light, so much so, that it could actually bring some more players over to Pika, with it having an App and all. Only one thing, it doesn't take long to sign into your forum account. But, I do have a little add-on to your suggestion: Have The Updates / News on the page, whether you're signed in or not. If an actual app is developed, would it be worth it? Personally, i'm half and half. To others, it may just be clutter on their iOS, Android or any over Mobile Device, but to the people who want to find out what's going on with The Server, If it's going through Maintenance, or if somebody had set some sort of record. It would be a great way to find out. So, for me. It's an up!

Hoopless

Veteran
(Like DutchSmash, an intelligent I.T
I am only in the beginning of my education, Developing comes in year 3 :p

This is a lot of asking the developers, due this isn't like writing a Java Plugin or something near that. it also requires a lot of money, which i am sure of, it will not be going to happen.

Haoiscoll

Legendary Pika
It would be a really good idea but our Developers mostly do Java and PHP-related coding, not App coding. It would also take money to put up an App, so yes that is a problem.

ZeroGiven

Veteran
We do currently have a some highly skilled developer in the team (if I may say myself included) yet the time and effort we need to put in this makes it not "profitable" enough. Yet we could look into a smaller version of the forum as in get you guys a app that shows news, events, updates, ... and maybe certain messages and flags.

But currently their are greater issues and more demanding maters that need to be resolved and looked into. We are currently working on a management panel with mobile support to reduce the amount of work and time we need to spend on small tasks like ... server checks, small bug fixes, plugins patches, helpop, reports, password resets etc.

Maybe in the future but for now this isn't something that fits in our priority list and if it did it would be at the bottom.

I will let this thread open for some time because I read that you whanted a deny reason so I would like to give you the chance to reply if needed, if not please let me know so that I can close the thread.

OP
OP
SmashArmsHD

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
We do currently have a some highly skilled developer in the team (if I may say myself included) yet the time and effort we need to put in this makes it not "profitable" enough. Yet we could look into a smaller version of the forum as in get you guys a app that shows news, events, updates, ... and maybe certain messages and flags.

But currently their are greater issues and more demanding maters that need to be resolved and looked into. We are currently working on a management panel with mobile support to reduce the amount of work and time we need to spend on small tasks like ... server checks, small bug fixes, plugins patches, helpop, reports, password resets etc.

Maybe in the future but for now this isn't something that fits in our priority list and if it did it would be at the bottom.

I will let this thread open for some time because I read that you whanted a deny reason so I would like to give you the chance to reply if needed, if not please let me know so that I can close the thread.
I fully understand uour reason of denial, i would like to thank you for taking the time to read it through.
The developers have alot of other things on their minds and this wouldn't be a priority, thank you
@ZeroGiven You can lock it

Status
Not open for further replies.