Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

[Suggestion]: Clear rules in regards to swearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draegoner

Veteran
  • Server
    Creative + every other server
  • Suggestion
    There are no clear rules for swearing on the forums, there should be a sticky detailing rules somewhere clearly in regards to the punishment system (1 warn -> 4h mute-> temp ban -> perm ban?) (many players dont know if its 3 warns or 1 warn). Also i dont feel as though people should be punished by a message that is censored.
  • Reason
    Messages that are censored with [Naughty] (On creative anwyays) should not be treated as if they were not censored. This is because i feel as though the whole reason for punishing people for using bad words is because often they can be hurtful and/or disrespectful. When a message is censored, the message does niether of these things, so why must they be punished? Ive seen someone get muted for saying something as harmless as ''lmfao'' even though it was masked with [Naughty] and only staff could see it. (the person in question really isnt bothered with the time and effort in reporting this, but ive seen it happen, i dont want this to happen to me/others who are more concerned when it comes to thier account)
  • Example
    No example but all i want is 1. a sticky (probably on the reporting sticky by dutchsmash) that details clearly the rule on swearing. 2. No punishment on harmless words that are censored anwyays and cant be seen by anyone other that staff on chat.

CloudAP

Veteran
Rules and Punishments

Swearing main : Warning >> 4 hour mute >> 1 day Mute >> 1 day ban >> Permanent ban
Swearing with C*ncer/racism : "Ex: N i g g a" Warning >> 2 week ban >> Permanent ban

OP
OP
Draegoner

Draegoner

Veteran
Oh right, Didnt see that sticky, guess i didnt look hard enough, my bad.
But the second point still stands.

CloudAP

Veteran
swearing is swearing. :p

And some staff see the words instead of censored

OP
OP
Draegoner

Draegoner

Veteran
Yea but if i swear tons in a message. The message is replaces to [naughty].
So all everyone (but staff) see is [naughty].
If, in hindsight, no one even sees the message that contained rude content,(bearing in mind it could be something like 'lmfao'), then no damage is done, the person in question just rewords what theyre saying , and alls good. Why do they need to be punished for something that techincally they havent sent to anyone, since its been changed to [Naughty].

Lets consider an example: Imagine you are watching a video where a man talks in front of a camera threatening to assassinate the president. That would be treason, punishment would be carried out.
Now imagine the same video, but instead there is no sound, and a black bar over his mouth (no lip reading!). Will he be punished for what hes said? No he wont, why? Because he although he said something threatening, no one heard it, why punish him for saying something, when no one heard it.

OP
OP
Draegoner

Draegoner

Veteran
I understand this is pretty trivial, especially for most players. But for people who are concerned with their account and its history, it is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.