Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Suggestion: [AllowedMods] In-Game Account Switcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonzea

Suggestion:
[AllowedMods] In-Game Account Switcher

Detailed description:
The In-Game Account Switcher (IAS) mod allows users to change their account without exiting the game, it allows users to change accounts via the homepage and save time from wasting it by relaunching minecraft.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2257842-ingame-account-switcher-updated

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Kit-PvP
Prison
OP-Prison
Factions
OP-Factions
Practice
Galactix
Classic Factions
Survival
NYCreative
OP-Skyblock
Classic Skyblock
Skywars
Eggwars
OP-Eggwars
SurvivalGames
Buildwars

Reason:
Hello, I wanted to ask if the in-game account switcher (IAS) mod could be considered on the allowed mods list and allow me to use it whilst on the server.

I spend most of my time playing on another server using my premium account 'Lonzea'. I would like to start playing on Pika a lot more however that means I would have to use a cracked launcher, this wastes a lot of time as my laptop is extremely slow and would lead me to waste time that could be spent playing on your server. I currently use two accounts (Lonzea and BloodW4rMC) that both have Legend on Factions, using the accounts means I would have to start a new launcher every time I want to hop accounts, it would save me a lot of time and take a load of stress off my computer.

One more reason to why the IAS mod should be allowed is because it could increase the number of players that come on the server. The server is cracked and most of the players that use cracked accounts have another premium account and play on other servers. If the IAS mod is introduced into the server then it could lead to past players giving the server another shot.

Example:
4EsmEtz.png

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
The only way i would denie this is if players would have an advantage from it, but at the moment i dont see how you can really get an in-game advantage of it,
Unless you want to switch to your other account to see get access to another inventory or private vault ( /pv )
But i dont think of that as an in-game advantage,
so for now you gor my approval :p
+1

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
EDIT: you aslo have some strong aruments and opinions (positive)

NickTill

Seems like a great idea to me, switching accounts seems to be very time consuming if you are a cracked player! Anyways +1 from me

skyarmyfan11

Ultimate Legendary Pika
but if you did in game, would it take u to lobby to login?

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
but it does, you do need to login. and you could have tought of that answer yourself.

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
yeah it would, if it didn't, u could go on someone's account and not have to do /login
The only things it does is it makes it simpler to change accounts, that to reopen the launcher, login on another account and wait for it to load, and what Lonzea is going for is;
Example; What if you forgot your password to your minecraft account but you still know your password on pika network?
you can still go on that account because it works with a cracked launcher, you dont have to log in on minecraft, you only need to type your name you used before and then login on pika with the password you still know

*Note; take time to read the suggestion and not just go straight to the reply section

~ Logically ~

Banned
Your suggestion has some very convincing points. The main one being that it does take time to switch accounts, and that can be quite annoying. But referring back to what Lemmony Yellow said "People come up with new ways to exploit this feature"

People could create alts that could either Dupe on Factions, use a hacked client on an alt, or some along those lines. The AuthMe can be bypassed by a VPN, or something else that changes your IP. Giving cheaters an advantage to not get banned as easily, and if they get IP banned. They can just play with a VPN. In my opinion, if those did not exist. I would 100% agree with you. But just think about this.

If you use your premium account that has Legend on Factions & your cracked account also has legends. Why don't you use one? With premium, you clearly can use all servers. So, why do you need the alt? So, right now. I believe that we can do with or without it. But, it's up to the Staff. (Just throwing my opinion in it) pls no hate.

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
Everything you read in this reply comes from the player Lonzea, he contacted me in teamspeak because he had some problems posting these replies.

I'll reply to threads in chronological order below.

yeah it would, if it didn't, u could go on someone's account and not have to do /login
I'm not too certain but I'm pretty sure the AuthMe plugin works using players IP's. If a player connects to the server, logins using '/login' and disconnects after, I think there is a delay of 10 minutes before the user of that IP will need to use /login again. Also if a player of a different IP connects using the same account within the 10 minutes delay then it will ask them to use '/login'.
This is all how I think it works.

That makes it easier to switch accounts and people come up with new ways to exploit this feature.
Most exploits can be patched very easily, the plugin is still being developed so if there is a bug found then it can be reported and I'm sure it will be patched within a month or so. Besides there is no way to "hack" into someone else's account on the server because the AuthMe plugin and the IAS mod work completely different and have nothing to do with each other.

People could create alts that could either Dupe on Factions, use a hacked client on an alt, or some along those lines. The AuthMe can be bypassed by a VPN, or something else that changes your IP. Giving cheaters an advantage to not get banned as easily, and if they get IP banned. They can just play with a VPN. In my opinion, if those did not exist. I would 100% agree with you. But just think about this.
If there is a dupe that people can abuse then I'm sure they will be banned, screen shared first (I'm guessing). The whole duping thing isn't something that can be stopped by staff unless the bug is patched in my eyes. Players can very easily log on 5am when there is no staff on and dupe all they want, those who do dupe during the day when the server is filled with staff are stupid and will probably be caught for their stupidity.

Besides, players who do dupe using the ingame account switcher will be caught 100% if they do it on their own. For starters, they will have to teleport themselves into their base because no one wants to run 30k blocks out just to dupe a little bit, this means that their accounts will have the same IP logged onto them, whether it be a VPN or their default IP they will have two accounts with the same IP, if someone is caught duping then all staff need to do is /seen [IP] or whatever you guys use.

If you use your premium account that has Legend on Factions & your cracked account also has legends. Why don't you use one? With premium, you clearly can use all servers. So, why do you need the alt? So, right now. I believe that we can do with or without it. But, it's up to the Staff. (Just throwing my opinion in it) pls no hate.
I want to use two accounts because my main account has Legend on factions and Donator++ on survival whereas BloodW4rMC has Legend on factions and I think a rank on OP Factions too. I'd like to play on all 3 servers so the IAS would come really handy for me here.

Thanks.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
If you use your premium account that has Legend on Factions & your cracked account also has legends. Why don't you use one? With premium, you clearly can use all servers. So, why do you need the alt?

Because with two accounts, he has more faction power and more kits to use to fight. I'm not sure you understand how factions works...

no, there has been ppl usin account switcher b4 that didn't make them do /login again

Instead of posting random things, actually give evidence of this. You can't use this mod to switch names WHILE ON A SERVER. It changes your name only when you do it through the main menu. Pika's login system is based entirely off names, not ips, which is why you can have multiple clients open with different names, and have to log in with each individual name. It is not possible to use this to hack an account and bypass the login plugin. I don't even know why or how you think it would.

~ Logically ~

Banned
Everything you read in this reply comes from the player Lonzea, he contacted me in teamspeak because he had some problems posting these replies.

I'll reply to threads in chronological order below.

I'm not too certain but I'm pretty sure the AuthMe plugin works using players IP's. If a player connects to the server, logins using '/login' and disconnects after, I think there is a delay of 10 minutes before the user of that IP will need to use /login again. Also if a player of a different IP connects using the same account within the 10 minutes delay then it will ask them to use '/login'.
This is all how I think it works.

Most exploits can be patched very easily, the plugin is still being developed so if there is a bug found then it can be reported and I'm sure it will be patched within a month or so. Besides there is no way to "hack" into someone else's account on the server because the AuthMe plugin and the IAS mod work completely different and have nothing to do with each other.

If there is a dupe that people can abuse then I'm sure they will be banned, screen shared first (I'm guessing). The whole duping thing isn't something that can be stopped by staff unless the bug is patched in my eyes. Players can very easily log on 5am when there is no staff on and dupe all they want, those who do dupe during the day when the server is filled with staff are stupid and will probably be caught for their stupidity.

Besides, players who do dupe using the ingame account switcher will be caught 100% if they do it on their own. For starters, they will have to teleport themselves into their base because no one wants to run 30k blocks out just to dupe a little bit, this means that their accounts will have the same IP logged onto them, whether it be a VPN or their default IP they will have two accounts with the same IP, if someone is caught duping then all staff need to do is /seen [IP] or whatever you guys use.

I want to use two accounts because my main account has Legend on factions and Donator++ on survival whereas BloodW4rMC has Legend on factions and I think a rank on OP Factions too. I'd like to play on all 3 servers so the IAS would come really handy for me here.

Thanks.

^^^

Just get staff to transfer your rank to your premium account, it's pretty simple.

Because with two accounts, he has more faction power and more kits to use to fight. I'm not sure you understand how factions works...

Instead of posting random things, actually give evidence of this. You can't use this mod to switch names WHILE ON A SERVER. It changes your name only when you do it through the main menu. Pika's login system is based entirely off names, not ips, which is why you can have multiple clients open with different names, and have to log in with each individual name. It is not possible to use this to hack an account and bypass the login plugin. I don't even know why or how you think it would.

To reply to you. I know how Factions works. You make assumptions when you said I don't know how it works, and even with alts. It seems quite a pity to use an alt for Faction Power and Kits.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
To reply to you. I know how Factions works. You make assumptions when you said I don't know how it works, and even with alts. It seems quite a pity to use an alt for Faction Power and Kits.

I didn't assume. I said I wasn't sure if you knew. I also don't mean a general, how factions works, but a more indepth, "how do players on Pika play factions?"

Alts for power is not even kind of uncommon. Donating for power isn't worth it, because power is erased at the reset. It's much cheaper, in fact free, to just have a couple extra accounts to boost your power so you can actually claim something. Everyone from donators to plain members do this, because the power you get as a single player is no where near enough to claim a decent base. You could say join a bigger faction, but typically those factions have multiple claimed bases for members, so you have the same issue. People played cracked factions for this very reason. It's not considered cheating or pitiful on factions servers. It's just smart

OP
OP
L

Lonzea

Hey hey guys, let's not get my suggestion thread locked.

^^^
Just get staff to transfer your rank to your premium account, it's pretty simple.
My account 'Lonzea' is premium. I don't like using a cracked launcher so I suggested this mod.

^^^
How are you supposed to play factions if you don't have alts or lots of friends? Friends are hard to make on Factions so having a base with 10+ people will very hard, especially when you can't trust them. This is where alts come in, alts let you claim a big base so you don't go raidable as easier as you would normally with a solo, more power = more claim and nore deaths to go raidable.

Most donators have their stuff stored in /pv so it is easy for them but a lot harder for mon donators since they MUST have a base. Anyway you shouldn't pity those, you would probably take a fat L against someone with one account anyway. :p

DinosMagicWorld

Epic Pika
I don't quite get why is it an issue to switch accounts?
I also have both a Premium and Cracked account and it takes a few seconds to swap them by just quitting one launcher and starting the other.

Also this mod has a very sad exploit which can be used to steal accounts...

(in b4 dislike by the OP for not supporting his post)

I can't say anything about this since it seems useless but it also has a use...

~ Logically ~

Banned
Hey hey guys, let's not get my suggestion thread locked.

My account 'Lonzea' is premium. I don't like using a cracked launcher so I suggested this mod.

How are you supposed to play factions if you don't have alts or lots of friends? Friends are hard to make on Factions so having a base with 10+ people will very hard, especially when you can't trust them. This is where alts come in, alts let you claim a big base so you don't go raidable as easier as you would normally with a solo, more power = more claim and nore deaths to go raidable.

Most donators have their stuff stored in /pv so it is easy for them but a lot harder for mon donators since they MUST have a base. Anyway you shouldn't pity those, you would probably take a fat L against someone with one account anyway. :p

You've kind of killed your point trying to counter against what I said. The phrase "Take a fat L", killed any sort of aspect for compromise. Since it's insufferably immature, overused and just abysmal. And here's the thing, before you tell somebody to take a fat L, at least 1v1 them. Because, one you've actually never 1v1ed me, so your point is simply voided, but, also. I have high doubts that you'd be able to beat me especially if you say "take an L".

Status
Not open for further replies.