Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

So creative needs a reset

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
You know , that plots are making the server memory full , so that makes bigger lag thats why i said it needs one reset.
The plots cannot cause server-side lag if their chunks aren't loaded. That means that there has to be either something loading the chunk or a player has to be in/near the plot for the plot's chunks to load. Therefore, there's no way claimed plots on their own cause the server-side lag because even if there were a lot fewer plots, there would still be the same amount of players online (aka the same amount of plots loaded).

My thoughts on this thread:
first reason is there are alot of lag machines
People will just make more lag machines if Creative gets a reset. A reset can just be a temporary solution for this, the only real solution would be to have staff members watching as many players as possible on Creative so they can immediately prevent any lag machines from being created.
second, people keep finding ways to break the economy
Well, you should suggest something that's going to change that. Restarting the server won't fix the economic issues if you don't tell the staff what those issues are and how to fix them.
My experience as of making servers, fixing bugs creates more bugs (most of the times), so I really don't think like the amount of bugs there are, if theres any use of fixing bugs just to increase them more.
And then you fix the new bugs. And fix the ones caused by fixing the new ones. And repeat the process a million times until you successfully get rid of all the bugs. It's painful, but it's better than resetting the whole gamemode. And, as I said, resetting the whole gamemode won't fix any bugs on its own, it will just temporarily make them invisible until someone starts using them again.

I don't really get the argument "it has been too long". This is Creative, not Factions or Skyblock. Everyone is building on Creative because of their builds, not because they want a new competition to participate in.
Anyway, this is just my opinion, there are probably some things I missed and I'd be happy to hear some constructive criticism from some more experienced players in this topic.

KenzoTange

Banned
The plots cannot cause server-side lag if their chunks aren't loaded. That means that there has to be either something loading the chunk or a player has to be in/near the plot for the plot's chunks to load. Therefore, there's no way claimed plots on their own cause the server-side lag because even if there were a lot fewer plots, there would still be the same amount of players online (aka the same amount of plots loaded).

My thoughts on this thread:

People will just make more lag machines if Creative gets a reset. A reset can just be a temporary solution for this, the only real solution would be to have staff members watching as many players as possible on Creative so they can immediately prevent any lag machines from being created.

Well, you should suggest something that's going to change that. Restarting the server won't fix the economic issues if you don't tell the staff what those issues are and how to fix them.

And then you fix the new bugs. And fix the ones caused by fixing the new ones. And repeat the process a million times until you successfully get rid of all the bugs. It's painful, but it's better than resetting the whole gamemode. And, as I said, resetting the whole gamemode won't fix any bugs on its own, it will just temporarily make them invisible until someone starts using them again.

I don't really get the argument "it has been too long". This is Creative, not Factions or Skyblock. Everyone is building on Creative because of their builds, not because they want a new competition to participate in.
Anyway, this is just my opinion, there are probably some things I missed and I'd be happy to hear some constructive criticism from some more experienced players in this topic.
Agreed , i was talking about the same thing .

UpperGround

Great Reporter
exactly what im telling him for a month

Outscale

Banned
just farm bro wdym

This is a predefined message because of the new addition to the forums

JerryMine

The Pika
creative will not reset unless 1.17 is out, last time when creative reset is after 1.15 is out

UpperGround

Great Reporter
This is a predefined message to bypass the Word+Char filter, please ignore this, The actual reply is below;

xd bro
just farm bro wdym

This is a predefined message because of the new addition to the forums

UpperGround

Great Reporter
This is a predefined message to bypass the Word+Char filter, please ignore this, The actual reply is below;

eh
creative will not reset unless 1.17 is out, last time when creative reset is after 1.15 is out

TrueLies

Banned
Oh for pikanetwork's sake, reset creative, I don't want to make this as a suggestion because there's no use. Pika really needs to reset creative, first reason is there are alot of lag machines, second, people keep finding ways to break the economy, it gets literally unplayable sometimes, and its annoying as heck. RESET THIS THING
That is pretty true, but if pika does reset they should make a backup of everyone's plot so not everyone's plot is ruined

JerryMine

The Pika
creative reset is like 3 years after last reset what do you expect