Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

So about the coupon giveaway...

JerryMine

The Pika
After many tries and camping for almost an hour before they even post a coupon code, my experience has to clear out that this giveaway is Ping Based.

First of all, to win this coupon giveaway, you have to wait for them to post something in their discord. At this case, if your wifi is already bad, or you are using hotspot, there is already no chance for you here. Many other players are already camping for the coupon code. With that kind of latency, you could not even redeem a code.

Secondly, people with bad PC setup. These people (also me)'s PC usually only support 2G, which means even if they have better wifi, they can't even connect it to go faster anyway. This limits some poor players which should have gotten these benefits instead of those one happily living with fast Internet, have good PC setup while still doesn't buy himself a Premium Account and stay in this server (Idk why man.)

Furthermore, your wifi connectivity to the global network. No matter how fast you react to copy the code, how quick you go to paste it in the checkout page, when you click "Redeem", your wifi will determine your future. Slow wifi, or basically we call it 2G network users, must have a slower page loading process. The worst part of this is the coupon redeem requires you to load it TWICE, which means the latency you get from being high ping is far more delayed than those with low ping. This is another disadvantage for slow ping players and when you sum all of the delays up, it is almost impossible that a slow ping player can still win a giveaway even if you camp it before the coupon code is posted for an hour.

In conclusion, although this giveaway requires a fast reaction, but do take note that ping is still one of the main things to assist you in this type giveaway. In my opinion, ways to solve this problem is by making the style of giveaway random instead. It will make the giveaway page more interesting than a boring same page to camp on. Be it a parkour event, or pick one from the reacted roles and give them few seconds of limit before reroll or even hide an item that shows coupon code in the lobby for players to find. Not gonna lie, pika giveaway would be a better place with these randomized events instead of a speedrun-copy-paste-contest. (which is totally impossible because they need a special map for all of these to happen.)

Outscale

Banned
Pretty neutral about this, but its really funny that the last coupon they posted was for 6 people to use.. while the player base is more then 2500.

Surprise bro! Thanks for adding the antispam thingy, but no one cares.

OP
OP
JerryMine

JerryMine

The Pika
Pretty neutral about this, but its really funny that the last coupon they posted was for 6 people to use.. while the player base is more then 2500.

Surprise bro! Thanks for adding the antispam thingy, but no one cares.
yeah... and the worst part is they allow the same players to claim the giveaway over and over again. I already see people claiming it 4 times in a row.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Agreed.
In my opinion, there should be a luck-based giveaway starting 60 seconds before its results, and there should be way more winners (around 20 per code). Every winner should get the code in their DM's, so they can spend it as they wish, without pressure. That way, players active at the time of the giveaway will still only participate, while the giveaway would be fairer towards everyone.

Outscale

Banned
Also what is the point of making players camp a discord channel for hours instead of playing on the server(or do literally anything else)

Silver Wing

The Pika
Well uh i got 2 coupons redeemed but uh
i gave it away cuz i wanted 50 euros gc

Outscale

Banned
They are giving out the same amount of code as last year, but last year their player base was like 1000 players.. now its 2500..

Snowyy

Banned
After many tries and camping for almost an hour before they even post a coupon code, my experience has to clear out that this giveaway is Ping Based.

First of all, to win this coupon giveaway, you have to wait for them to post something in their discord. At this case, if your wifi is already bad, or you are using hotspot, there is already no chance for you here. Many other players are already camping for the coupon code. With that kind of latency, you could not even redeem a code.

Secondly, people with bad PC setup. These people (also me)'s PC usually only support 2G, which means even if they have better wifi, they can't even connect it to go faster anyway. This limits some poor players which should have gotten these benefits instead of those one happily living with fast Internet, have good PC setup while still doesn't buy himself a Premium Account and stay in this server (Idk why man.)

Furthermore, your wifi connectivity to the global network. No matter how fast you react to copy the code, how quick you go to paste it in the checkout page, when you click "Redeem", your wifi will determine your future. Slow wifi, or basically we call it 2G network users, must have a slower page loading process. The worst part of this is the coupon redeem requires you to load it TWICE, which means the latency you get from being high ping is far more delayed than those with low ping. This is another disadvantage for slow ping players and when you sum all of the delays up, it is almost impossible that a slow ping player can still win a giveaway even if you camp it before the coupon code is posted for an hour.

In conclusion, although this giveaway requires a fast reaction, but do take note that ping is still one of the main things to assist you in this type giveaway. In my opinion, ways to solve this problem is by making the style of giveaway random instead. It will make the giveaway page more interesting than a boring same page to camp on. Be it a parkour event, or pick one from the reacted roles and give them few seconds of limit before reroll or even hide an item that shows coupon code in the lobby for players to find. Not gonna lie, pika giveaway would be a better place with these randomized events instead of a speedrun-copy-paste-contest. (which is totally impossible because they need a special map for all of these to happen.)
I absolutely agree with that , but I don’t think they will change the giveaways , welp .. not this year

Unawarely

The Pika

2G wifi isn't that much slower then 5G, it's made to go farther distances but it's really not that much slower, maybe it's 10 ms but that is almost no time and it certainly wont affect if you win a giveaway or not. Although, they should make it less pressured like Lt_Hammerman said and add more codes like NutChunky said

UpperGround

Great Reporter
This is a predefined message to bypass the Word+Char filter, please ignore this, The actual reply is below;

yeah
I absolutely agree with that , but I don’t think they will change the giveaways , welp .. not this year

UpperGround

Great Reporter
This is a predefined message to bypass the Word+Char filter, please ignore this, The actual reply is below;

and 10 ms is a big difference when hundreds of people are camping
2G wifi isn't that much slower then 5G, it's made to go farther distances but it's really not that much slower, maybe it's 10 ms but that is almost no time and it certainly wont affect if you win a giveaway or not. Although, they should make it less pressured like Lt_Hammerman said and add more codes like NutChunky said

Lt_akgamings

Great Reporter
I got it 4 times already, bought myself just the warlock rank, I gave some people ranks on survival, and I'm planning to give them away until the giveaway is done. Already have 2 people next in line to get a rank :), Some people camp for a good reason :).

Kaito_AM

Epic Pika
Agreed.
In my opinion, there should be a luck-based giveaway starting 60 seconds before its results, and there should be way more winners (around 20 per code). Every winner should get the code in their DM's, so they can spend it as they wish, without pressure. That way, players active at the time of the giveaway will still only participate, while the giveaway would be fairer towards everyone.
By the way i got redeem the code but when i press claim it for free its say you cant redeem this package/coupon and it got missed I HOPE YOU FIX THAT COUSE THAT MADE ME CRY

Ønce

Legendary Pika
the code gets claimed within a few seconds, even if theres 1-2 seconds more delay due to the 2G wifi its a HUGEE disadvantage

Unawarely

The Pika
the code gets claimed within a few seconds, even if theres 1-2 seconds more delay due to the 2G wifi its a HUGEE disadvantage
well it's not like this can be accoutned for at all by pika network but i think the christmas giveaways entire idea should be changed