Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Discord (Rule) Direct Message advertiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkVenom7

Veteran
Great Reporter
Minecraft Username:
DarkVenom7

Suggestion:
(Rule) Direct Message advertiser

Detailed description:
(Note: This suggestion is not about changing the rules.
This is a suggestion about adding a new rule.)

As many players use discord and are in the Pika Network Discord Server.
Some users advertise their discord server by personal message as they cannot advertise on the server because the Bot instantly deletes the invite link. Many discord members are annoyed by this.
New Rule:

Rule (Disallowed)

Direct Message advertising
First offense

Warning
Second Offense

1 Day IP-Mute
Third Offense

Permanent Ban

Reason(s):
Members are annoyed by blocking different advertisers. They just left the server due to the advertsers.​

Subvalent

Staff Member
Sr Mod
People can simply block such users or only enable dm's from friends. Hence, -1

Outscale

Banned
In my opinion they should be permabanned immediately if they are advertising a minecraft server.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Neutral.
Normally I will just ignore/ block those people who advertise.
Reports need to provide more evidence to proof that the player Dmed you from Pika

FreePalestine

The Pika
IGN
TNTSabeel
Neutral.
Normally I will just ignore/ block those people who advertise.
Reports need to provide more evidence to proof that the player Dmed you from Pika

Lt_akgamings

Great Reporter
+1
ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ

JustToGoody

The Pika
IGN
JustToGood
+1 ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤ

Unawarely

The Pika
I think this would be really hard to regulate and tbh it doesnt really matter. If you want to ban people who send NSFW things then yes, but if people are sending you advertisements for servers, that doesn't do any harm, like tlang said you can block.

Silver Wing

The Pika
IGN
SilverWing_YT / Silverizz
+1 ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ

Crveni_Marlboro

Veteran
Great Reporter
Neutral ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
+1
It will be useful for blazetharkidrs because he advertises his server to everyone, he has 0 members in that server and only he is in that server, making him extremely mad and starts swearing in both jartex and pika discord, then after a while upperground calls Trollge from ,,Cephalopod Dynasty" incident, and tells him to stalk blazetharkidrs with 2 Trollges from ,,The Stalker" incident and ,,The liminal unsolved disturbing dissappearances" incident

Hellific

Veteran
IGN
Hellific

It is going to be hard to determine if whether the invite you received from a user was from PikaNetwork or not. Yeah, it'd make sense if the only mutual server the person was sharing with you was PikaNetwork, but I believe there will be alot of mess in this rule. For example: Let's say I got DMed from another server but that user is also in PikaNetwork's Discord Server, I'd just leave any other server he is sharing with me and only stay in PikaNetwork so it "becomes clear" that the person has DMed me from PikaNetwork, whereas it was from a completely different server.

Moreover, even you can't be sure if the user has DMed you from PikaNetwork, provided if he was sharing another server with you (unless you ask them and they say the truth).

Simple solution: Block them or mute their DMs. Not hard.

Arrly

Staff Member
Manager
IGN
Arrly
Hello DarkVenom7,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion.

For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.

Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.