Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Practice Remove Ranked Archer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Illuminate

Great Reporter
Minecraft Username:
Just_Illuminate​

Suggestion:
Remove Ranked Archer​

Detailed description:
Ranked Archer is a very niche gamemode and doesn't have the playerbase to support it having a ranked mode.
(This could also be said for debuff and noenchant.)

Archer is a very basic gamemode that has a lot of flaws that dont make it suitable to have its own ranked mode.​

Reason(s):
The reason i would suggest archer being removed is that the leaderboard maxes out below 1200 elo. This means that the gamemode isn't queued very often.

It is also very ping dependant.
Unlike other modes, high ping makes aiming with a bow almost impossible and defeats the purpose of the mode.
This often leads to pickaxe fights which isn't what archer is supposed to be.

Then there are also bugs with arrows where they can bounce off people. This means that you can set up for a trade and your arrow will be on target but won't hit. This is worse than blank pots. This is because a bow has a certain amount of drawback time. This means that you cant instantly shoot an arrow again to replace the missing arrow. This is why blank pots are less of an issue and this support noenchant and debuff having a ranked mode.

Archer feels like spleef by its player count and recently there was a suggestion for ranked spleef which received negative feedback.

In my opinion, archer should be removed. (Cases can be made for noenchant and debuff aswell.)​

Unawarely

The Pika
Minecraft Username:
Just_Illuminate

Suggestion:
Remove Ranked Archer

Detailed description:
Ranked Archer is a very niche gamemode and doesn't have the playerbase to support it having a ranked mode.

(This could also be said for debuff and noenchant.)

Archer is a very basic gamemode that has a lot of flaws that dont make it suitable to have its own ranked mode.

Reason(s):
The reason i would suggest archer being removed is that the leaderboard maxes out below 1200 elo. This means that the gamemode isn't queued very often.

It is also very ping dependant.

Unlike other modes, high ping makes aiming with a bow almost impossible and defeats the purpose of the mode.

This often leads to pickaxe fights which isn't what archer is supposed to be.

Then there are also bugs with arrows where they can bounce off people. This means that you can set up for a trade and your arrow will be on target but won't hit. This is worse than blank pots. This is because a bow has a certain amount of drawback time. This means that you cant instantly shoot an arrow again to replace the missing arrow. This is why blank pots are less of an issue and this support noenchant and debuff having a ranked mode.

Archer feels like spleef by its player count and recently there was a suggestion for ranked spleef which received negative feedback.

In my opinion, archer should be removed. (Cases can be made for noenchant and debuff aswell.)
A lot of what you're saying sounds like ranked archer can be improved, which I think it definitely can, but ping having a big effect on fights isn't anything unique, every gamemode is ping reliant. I think they should fix all the bugs, not remove it.

OP
OP
Just_Illuminate

Just_Illuminate

Great Reporter
A lot of what you're saying sounds like ranked archer can be improved, which I think it definitely can, but ping having a big effect on fights isn't anything unique, every gamemode is ping reliant. I think they should fix all the bugs, not remove it.
Ping is more relevant in ranked archer compared to any other mode.

Blazemon

The Pika
U also need to have high render distance to see the enemy in ranked archer some people might have difficulties with that

JustToGoody

The Pika
-1 some ppl like archer just like me would you like someone removing your fav gamemode from ranked?

JustToGoody

The Pika
Eh nobody rly honestly even unranked archer is barely played
ranked archer is almost on every practice servers anyways still -1 also how about not playing the gamemode instead of asking to remove it?

Blazemon

The Pika
ranked archer is almost on every practice servers anyways still -1 also how about not playing the gamemode instead of asking to remove it?
I only don't play ot because my game lags on high render distance

_iGhostly

Veteran
Great Reporter
Hello Just_Illuminate,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion for the server.
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion has been accepted and it's going to be implemented very soon!
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.