Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Remove hypixel maps

Piko

Banned
I think they should remove hypixel maps because thats just kinda dumb. Thats all i gotta say!
Also add more of your custom maps but keep the hypixel map style. For example that islands share diamond generators and beds in open.

Silver Wing

The Pika
If they remove hypixel maps then there will be no good maps
If you dont need hypixel map, then play on pika's alternative server called Jartex, which doesn't have hypixel maps

OP
OP
Piko

Piko

Banned
If they remove hypixel maps then there will be no good maps
If you dont need hypixel map, then play on pika's alternative server called Jartex, which doesn't have hypixel maps
Yeah, but its not very nice to just STEAL someones work and claim it as yours as there is no mention that maps are taken from hypixel network
And as i said they should add more custom maps that have the hypixel map syle but re-built

Silver Wing

The Pika
Yeah, but its not very nice to just STEAL someones work and claim it as yours as there is no mention that maps are taken from hypixel network
And as i said they should add more custom maps that have the hypixel map syle but re-built
There are lots of different servers with hypixel maps including non cracked one and they never claimed it as theirs
and yes I agree with you, they should build custom maps, but the problem is they are not that good, you can look at Utopia and Aquarium

OP
OP
Piko

Piko

Banned
There are lots of different servers with hypixel maps including non cracked one and they never claimed it as theirs
and yes I agree with you, they should build custom maps, but the problem is they are not that good, you can look at Utopia and Aquarium
Well yeah they arent very good at building their own maps but they should just look at a template for hypixel maps. I feel like they didnt fail at having good looking builds, I feel like they failed at having good positioning of islands. Here is a simple template that almost every hypixel map follows for 4s and 3s. And its very similar for duos and solos. just the diamond island positoning and also there shouldnt be anyting too special when it comes to addons for maps, either a custom looking map or some changes that shoudnt change the playstyle too much. They have a good build team that can make maps look good but if they just take some insperation from hypixel maps I think they should be able to make a good bedwars map.

Attachments

• Bedwars template.png
    Bedwars template.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 6

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
i agree with you, but you need to know a fact is that pika dont have a build team, and there wont be a build team.
so if you want to have some custom maps, you can make one and suggest it in suggestion section.
If you are not interested in building maps, then wait till next minigame updates, there will have some new map (ig not sure)

and for those hypixel maps, all crack server use it. So, i can clearly tell you that the chance of removing will be very minimal

Silver Wing

The Pika
Well yeah they arent very good at building their own maps but they should just look at a template for hypixel maps. I feel like they didnt fail at having good looking builds, I feel like they failed at having good positioning of islands. Here is a simple template that almost every hypixel map follows for 4s and 3s. And its very similar for duos and solos. just the diamond island positoning and also there shouldnt be anyting too special when it comes to addons for maps, either a custom looking map or some changes that shoudnt change the playstyle too much. They have a good build team that can make maps look good but if they just take some insperation from hypixel maps I think they should be able to make a good bedwars map.
Agreed with you
I have pointed it before too that the problem with pika's custom map is that the islands are not placed correctly

OP
OP
Piko

Piko

Banned
Please read this thread and my reasoning in it before posting threads that accuse Pika of stealing anything.
Also if we removed those maps we would have just two maps to play on, and making new maps is not as easy as it seems.
I'm not talking about the gamemode, its like accusing mineplex and every other server for skywars. What i'm talking about is maps.

OP
OP
Piko

Piko

Banned
i agree with you, but you need to know a fact is that pika dont have a build team, and there wont be a build team.
so if you want to have some custom maps, you can make one and suggest it in suggestion section.
If you are not interested in building maps, then wait till next minigame updates, there will have some new map (ig not sure)

and for those hypixel maps, all crack server use it. So, i can clearly tell you that the chance of removing will be very minimal
I didnt know pika-network didnt have a build team and I might build a map or something if i have some free time. I dont think "all cracked servers use it" is a good excuse. Its like saying: "My friend got a F on the test so its fine that i did too"
I was just wondering, were those other custom maps built by the players too?

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Please read this thread and my reasoning in it before posting threads that accuse Pika of stealing anything.
Also if we removed those maps we would have just two maps to play on, and making new maps is not as easy as it seems.
I'm not talking about the gamemode, its like accusing mineplex and every other server for skywars. What i'm talking about is maps.
did you literally saw what he said?

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
I didnt know pika-network didnt have a build team and I might build a map or something if i have some free time. I dont think "all cracked servers use it" is a good excuse. Its like saying: "My friend got a F on the test so its fine that i did too"
I was just wondering, were those other custom maps built by the players too?
yes there are

OP
OP
Piko

Piko

Banned
did you literally saw what he said?
Yeah, I did read it. Now he didnt say anything about the maps but you said:
"Second, maps. A lot of people say that "pIkA nEtwOrK sTeAls hIpiGxEl mINigAMes Map"!!!!! I have talked with the developer of this server, let see what is his reply, "every cracked bedwar server is a copy of hypixel. No need to a exception among other crack server, people wants hypixel bedwar, not smt different. People playing Bedwar in Pika is bcuz it is like hypixel. people complain are not bedwar player. Thats why we dont give attention about that, bcuz it is not accurate". And about maps, there are some player in pika community is willing to make pika special, better and a exception among other crack server. So stop saying
OmG pIka StEal oTheR sErVer's StuFf"

Soo.. owner said that every other server takes the hypixel maps, and as i said " I dont think "all cracked servers use it" is a good excuse. Its like saying: "My friend got a F on the test so its fine that i did too"
2.He said people want these maps. Now yeah, people want those maps but it doesnt make it okay to take those maps.

If there is something I missed please point it out and also I am not hating on this server, I play it with my friends because they dont have a premium account and it does seem like a solid alternative.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
If there is something I missed please point it out
You missed that we have only two original maps (that are not even good in my opinion) from Pika. So we would have to make 10+ new and unique maps for Pika before we even consider removing any just to make sure we have enough maps for people to play on. Since Pika doesn't have a build team the only way to get new maps is to have players build them. Making a map isn't easy, and making it both look good and be a good map for gameplay is even harder. I don't think the player base can make 10+ high-quality BedWars maps, just to replace the current ones because they happen to be the same as some other maps on a different server.
However, a minigames update should be coming soon, and we can expect some of the new maps to be in it. We don't know if they'll be the original ones or not, but we'll see, and I'm certainly looking forward to that.

OP
OP
Piko

Piko

Banned
You missed that we have only two original maps (that are not even good in my opinion) from Pika. So we would have to make 10+ new and unique maps for Pika before we even consider removing any just to make sure we have enough maps for people to play on. Since Pika doesn't have a build team the only way to get new maps is to have players build them. Making a map isn't easy, and making it both look good and be a good map for gameplay is even harder. I don't think the player base can make 10+ high-quality BedWars maps, just to replace the current ones because they happen to be the same as some other maps on a different server.
However, a minigames update should be coming soon, and we can expect some of the new maps to be in it. We don't know if they'll be the original ones or not, but we'll see, and I'm certainly looking forward to that.
Well, while i was writing this i didnt know Pika didnt have a build team and yeah its not very simple making a map but I think they should either
1. Get a decent build team that can make some maps over time
or
2. Encourage players to build maps to get some kind of a reward if your map is good
Example
You make a map for bedwars and you get a projetile trail or a kill effect or something
And if you make a skywars map you get something in skywars
and in that way players will be encouraged to make maps without making Pika network invest in a build team

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
1. Get a decent build team that can make some maps over time
or
2. Encourage players to build maps to get some kind of a reward if your map is good
Easier said than done. Suggest it if you think it can improve the server, but I'm not very optimistic about it.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Get a decent build team that can make some maps over time
never happens
Encourage players to build maps to get some kind of a reward if your map is good
only 3 people has submitted
maps rn
and only one got accepted
And if you make a skywars map you get something in skywars
and in that way players will be encouraged to make maps without making Pika network invest in a build team
and building map and submit it to the server is a total voluntary.
and i never sees the player whose map got accepted get anything special.
except reputation
and
joyfulness

OP
OP
Piko

Piko

Banned
Easier said than done. Suggest it if you think it can improve the server, but I'm not very optimistic about it.
A lot of people get on the server and see the hypixel maps and instantly think of the server as a hypixel rip off and some youtubers made videos like "Hypixel rip offs" and included this server in it really is just a rip off with these maps.There is no difference between this server and hypixel except some minor tweaks and i feel like it could start with adding its own maps and i feel like this is a great way to encourage something like this

OP
OP
Piko

Piko

Banned
only 3 people has submitted
maps rn
Well thats what im saying, why would your normal joe submit a map if he doesnt get anything for it except "reputation"
and building map and submit it to the server is a total voluntary.
Well thats why im suggesting this. Almost no one would want to do it if you dont get anything for it
and i never sees the player whose map got accepted get anything special.
Well THATS WHAT IM SUGGESTING