Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Forums Removal of the chat filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Username:
EA

Suggestion:
Removal of the chat filter

Detailed description:
Hello everyone,

As you may know, there is a filter on forum that limits you to typing at least 6 words in your message. After a long time of it being added in the forum, I think the effect of it is pretty obvious -- It brings nothing other than sentences like:
A sentense to bypass the filter

or​
Hellow {thread_author},

After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to upvote/+1 your suggestion due to the reason below:

• It is gud
Hope you could have a nice time playing on PikaNetwork!

Regards,
Cutie1

The thing about the filter is that it could only stop the people who are saying less than 6 words, but as I mentioned above, it is very easy for players to bypass it. The filter is not stopping people to swear, not stopping people from spam/flooding, not stopping people to say discriminative words, but only stops people from saying less than 6 words. So, what is the point of the filter existing?

The filter rn is just making people type more unnecessary words to express what they could express in 3 words, it should be a place for people to talk and communicate, instead of forcing people to type an essay for a simple reply.

Thank you for reading and please leave your opinion below :)

Additional information:
For your information, It has been suggested before by xXTricksterXx on May 27, 2021 and got denied by @0Mad0Max0 (sorry for ping <3) for the reason below:
"The filter is to avoid low-quality messages that contribute nothing in on-topic subforums. Should it get further bypassed, especially in the suggestion forum, a rule against it may be added."
I absolutely agree with what max has said there, indeed the filter could block some low-quality messages, but atm, it just seems like players are still posting low-quality messages while bypassing it quite easily.

JustSuperiorr

Great Reporter
+1
It's goal clearly hasn't been achieved, People easily bypass it and There is no rule for bypassing the filter which makes it even more pointless,

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
@tozztozzo do you mind if you leave your opinion about it? i would love to hear it.
I am against the complete removal of the system. The chat filter can be removed from most forums, but it must stay on forums like suggestions, and as 0Mad0Max0 said since it is being bypassed frequently, a rule should be added.

I hate getting notifications on my suggestions only to see a comment saying, "+1 ignore this text to bypass filter". There is a built-in upvote/downvote system for a reason. The only time you should comment is when you have an idea to add/change something on the suggestion, or you want to give a reason why it is not a good suggestion which will help the OP to explain something better or improve the suggestion.

forcing people to type an essay for a simple reply
I wouldn't say 6 words is an essay. :ROFLMAO: If you need to say something with fewer words, it is probably not worth saying, or you could use reactions instead. A suggestion for more reactions might be a good bet.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello EA0_2_0_8_,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion for the server.
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion has been accepted and implemented!
However, note that posting low-quality replies may still fall under our 'post farming' rule.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.