Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Reduced bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfatsojr

Veteran
Great Reporter
Minecraft Username
Mrfatsojr

Suggestion:
Reduced bans.

Detailed description:
So this has been suggested multiple times but what most people suggest is to unban players who admit/are sorry of them cheating. I Agree with this but i'll modify it to be fair toward the staff team and make it unable to be abused. So when you get banned for cheating and you are able to appeal that ban, being a ex-staff i know that most appeals get denied since there are no unbans possible which is dumb since some people don't have money or aren't able to buy unbans. So instead i would like to implement reduced bans.

Requirements

-You can only have your ban reduced once so if you get banned again this option won't be available.

-You are only able to appeal once for an ban if this gets denied you aren't able to apply again.

-If you lie in your appeal you will be denied.

-If you have a past ban history you will be instantly denied. (unless the ban was proven false/incorrect)

- The staffmember has to agree to unban this person.

Options

-The ban should be reduced to the staff-team preffered amout of time. (I would suggest 30 days.

-This is only for permanent IP-Bans.

-Isn't the case if the ban was due to the player breaking the same rule multiple. e.g: Account trading.
Some Pro/cons
- Decrease of amount of hackers. A lot of people retaliate hack basically after they have been banned and feel treated unfairly they tend to use multiple alts to hack again and again.
- Increase income (server). Let's say people buy one unban (30 euro). Or people buy a 40 euro rank, which would be more profitable. Also if people have the money to spend and don't want to wait one month just to be unbanned will buy the unban either way.
- Only people that care will apply, hackers who hack for fun will hack either way with or without this. People have vpn's, alts especially since this is a cracked server.
- Increase morale for staff/playerbase. If people have been unbanned they will feel delighted and won't have the need to annoy/spam staff which is a ++.

Cons-
- Sometimes hackers will be able to join the server again and hack again. Which would be in a low rate since most hackers basically don't care. It is very tedious to appeal/wait 30 days just to be banned again the day after.

Reason(s):
Reasons have been stated above but i'll repeat them.

- Allow players to get a second chance if they made a mistake.

- Give people the chance to play again instead of quitting because they can't afford the unban.

- Increase morale of the players, reduce complaints toward staffmembers and possibly increase income from shop due to rank/items being bought, increase the overall amount of players.

(Keep in mind that the average player is 14 y/o and everyone can make the wrong choice/mistake.)
It would have to be finetuned it's up to the staff-team/management to edit this to fit pikacraft. Perhaps make it so people aren't allowed to get this treatment for advertising. However what if the person didn't intend to advertise and didn't know you aren't allowed to do certain things. It wouldn't actually hurt the community because if they were only there to hack the 30 day ban will just keep them away. Only people that care will apply and if they do it just to get an unban they would still be punished for a long time which seems reasonable. If people want to hack they will use alts/evade bans. If they actually cared they would have to create a forums account/create a PROPER appeal. Them saying ''i'm sowwy'' wouldn't suffice in such context. If they actually care they would also wait out the 30 days without evading their ban and such.

Again these should only be given if ALL the requirements are met which if you invest some time into it there would be a lot of requirements.

Example(s):
If i got banned for Kill-Aura (permanently) and i was mistaken to use this and am sorry that i have used it my ban would be rudes to for e.g 30 days.​

Last edited:

Unawarely

The Pika
I've actually heard of a ban appeal like this. marte11 appealed his ban after a few months. I'm pretty sure that if you appeal after 3 months it has to be accepted. I could be wrong, but it says it in the forums official practicepvp guide. +1 tho

Old_Prophet

The Pika
Hey, I cannot +1 this for two big thinking errors.

first one: It will not reduce the number of bans. Just the number of banned accounts. People will now just be banned twice, instead of they and their alt being banned. There is no difference in the number of bans.

second one: you are under the impression that people that use hacks make a mistake. They do not. Maybe only a minuscule percentage of the people that install a hacked client are not ware of the fact that this is a hacked client. The biggest percentage learns about Minecraft from friends and find it in their windows menu. After several hours of playing, the complain to their friends why they always lose fights, and then they learn to install a hacked client from You Tube where it is simply called a HACKED client. No secrets there anymore.
So do not call this 'accidents'.
The other things that require multiple violations to get permanently ip-banned already have warning periods and shorter ip bans preceding the permanent ban. So what you mean, I made a mistake? Yes you made this mistake SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY, and you did not learn then, so why you would suddenly learn now ? After 6 violations of sexual content or negative behavior, the 7th suddenly made you see the light ? Never ever will i believe that.
The other thing is that the violations that have LESS warnings or 'trial bans' are more severe violations. Let's make one thing very clear here:

WE DO NOT WANT THAT BEHAVIOR ON THE SERVER, it is degrading, unsafe and violating TO OTHER PLAYERS.

so why would you allow the person that betrays the good people OVER AND OVER AGAIN back AT ALL ? they had their warning, shorter bans / mutes etc.
and STILL they did not learn. LET THEM GO FIND ANOTHER SERVER TO DO THEIR BAD THINGS

Look at some players do do keep coming back. Umar1717, Kiraye, they do not change. It's the same crap all over again and again. Once an idior, always an idiot. THEY NEVER LEARN.

Unawarely

The Pika
I think he means rehabilitation. After you not being able to play, and being perm banned, after maybe 3 months you should be able to get unbanned. This is pika, not some extremely competitive practice server. It would be up to the staff member to see how sincere the player is in their apology/appeal.

Unawarely

The Pika
Along with this, not all cheaters use hacked clients. This could be applied to someone who used an xray texture pack, and felt really bad so he tried to appeal, was denied, and now he will never be able to play again. Xraying is more of a mistake. Hacked clients are much less so.

Unawarely

The Pika
Minecraft Username
Mrfatsojr

Suggestion:
Reduced bans.

Detailed description:
So this has been suggested multiple times but what most people suggest is to unban players who admit/are sorry of them cheating. I Agree with this but i'll modify it to be fair toward the staff team and make it unable to be abused. So when you get banned for cheating and you are able to appeal that ban, being a ex-staff i know that most appeals get denied since there are no unbans possible which is dumb since some people don't have money or aren't able to buy unbans. So instead i would like to implement reduced bans.

Requirements

-You can only have your ban reduced once so if you get banned again this option won't be available.

-You are only able to appeal once for an ban if this gets denied you aren't able to apply again.

-If you lie in your appeal you will be denied.

-If you have a past ban history you will be instantly denied. (unless the ban was proven false/incorrect)
- The staffmember has to agree to unban this person.

Options

-The ban should be reduced to the staff-team preffered amout of time. (I would suggest 30 days.

-This is only for permanent IP-Bans.

-Isn't the case if the ban was due to the player breaking the same rule multiple. e.g: Account trading.
Some Pro/cons
- Decrease of amount of hackers. A lot of people retaliate hack basically after they have been banned and feel treated unfairly they tend to use multiple alts to hack again and again.
- Increase income (server). Let's say people buy one unban (30 euro). Or people buy a 40 euro rank, which would be more profitable. Also if people have the money to spend and don't want to wait one month just to be unbanned will buy the unban either way.
- Only people that care will apply, hackers who hack for fun will hack either way with or without this. People have vpn's, alts especially since this is a cracked server.
- Increase morale for staff/playerbase. If people have been unbanned they will feel delighted and won't have the need to annoy/spam staff which is a ++.

Cons-
- Sometimes hackers will be able to join the server again and hack again. Which would be in a low rate since most hackers basically don't care. It is very tedious to appeal/wait 30 days just to be banned again the day after.

Reason(s):
Reasons have been stated above but i'll repeat them.

- Allow players to get a second chance if they made a mistake.

- Give people the chance to play again instead of quitting because they can't afford the unban.

- Increase morale of the players, reduce complaints toward staffmembers and possibly increase income from shop due to rank/items being bought, increase the overall amount of players.

(Keep in mind that the average player is 14 y/o and everyone can make the wrong choice/mistake.)
It would have to be finetuned it's up to the staff-team/management to edit this to fit pikacraft. Perhaps make it so people aren't allowed to get this treatment for advertising. However what if the person didn't intend to advertise and didn't know you aren't allowed to do certain things. It wouldn't actually hurt the community because if they were only there to hack the 30 day ban will just keep them away. Only people that care will apply and if they do it just to get an unban they would still be punished for a long time which seems reasonable. If people want to hack they will use alts/evade bans. If they actually cared they would have to create a forums account/create a PROPER appeal. Them saying ''i'm sowwy'' wouldn't suffice in such context. If they actually care they would also wait out the 30 days without evading their ban and such.

Again these should only be given if ALL the requirements are met which if you invest some time into it there would be a lot of requirements.

Example(s):
If i got banned for Kill-Aura (permanently) and i was mistaken to use this and am sorry that i have used it my ban would be rudes to for e.g 30 days.​
This should only be applied to people with 8+ hours or something like that. Obviously just going to the server and hacking immediately is a permanent ban that should not be able to be appealed.This would also indicate that what you did was a mistake, not neccesarily for malicious intent outright.

Old_Prophet

The Pika
Along with this, not all cheaters use hacked clients. This could be applied to someone who used an xray texture pack, and felt really bad so he tried to appeal, was denied, and now he will never be able to play again. Xraying is more of a mistake. Hacked clients are much less so.

And where do you think Xray is included in ? basic minecraft ?

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
(+1) Players are given the chance to say something and apologize for their action. I know that players who are punished with an IP-Ban or a Ban on the server should have a proper offenses even if they are really annoying to handle. For example: 1st offense for illegal modification or hacks should have a 30 day ban and if they are caught doing it again, they will have a 90 day ban and for the last offense they will have a permanent ban. If the player uses an alt account to bypass their punishment, they will be given an IP-Ban. If admitting on using a client or illegal modification, I do believe that they should be given a reduce to their punishment like 3 or 5 days minimum and maximum. I also believe that rules should be clarified and be categorized on the website.

Unawarely

The Pika
And where do you think Xray is included in ? basic minecraft ?
Most xray is with a texture pack. That takes 5 sec to download, and might not even be obvious to some people. It is pretty different than vanilla, but also different to a whole hacked client.

Old_Prophet

The Pika
Most xray is with a texture pack. That takes 5 sec to download, and might not even be obvious to some people. It is pretty different than vanilla, but also different to a whole hacked client.

And that makes it different how ?

JerryMine

The Pika
yep exactly, someone who breaks the rules for fun will use a vpn/restart their router and join with a different username anyways, but there ofc will be players who wants a second chance and to play again without breaking any rules such as ban evading.
meanwhile the appeal section

Player: hacker123

Ban Reason: wurst

Appeal: i swear i didn't use any hacked clients or any autoclickers omg i am geometry dash player and is good at clicking

Unawarely

The Pika
And that makes it different how ?
The difference is a texture pack is something that 90% of people download. This is a possible mistake. On the other hand, a client has a whole GUI with toggleable features. That is not a mistake. They are very different. As well as this, xraying just gives you an advantage. You don't ruin the other players experience by having anti kb or whatever.

Horizon

my opinion is weird
if you cheat you deserve a ban especially cuz people will lie and then there'll be even more cheaters...
Staff members shouldn't have to accept an appeal. Ever. unless it was a false punishment

JerryMine

The Pika
The difference is a texture pack is something that 90% of people download. This is a possible mistake. On the other hand, a client has a whole GUI with toggleable features. That is not a mistake. They are very different. As well as this, xraying just gives you an advantage. You don't ruin the other players experience by having anti kb or whatever.
They are both the SAME thing. They provides the SAME disadvantages. Having said that, did you ever know why did the people download Xray Resource Packs? Of course, to X-RAY and find ores. If the people DOWNLOAD these packs, their bans are reserved right since they were up to no good.

Unawarely

The Pika
They are both the SAME thing. They provides the SAME disadvantages. Having said that, did you ever know why did the people download Xray Resource Packs? Of course, to X-RAY and find ores. If the people DOWNLOAD these packs, their bans are reserved right since they were up to no good.
I didn't say xraying with a client and pack are different. I'm saying a hacked client and a texture pack are different.

Horizon

(+1) Players are given the chance to say something and apologize for their action. I know that players who are punished with an IP-Ban or a Ban on the server should have a proper offenses even if they are really annoying to handle. For example: 1st offense for illegal modification or hacks should have a 30 day ban and if they are caught doing it again, they will have a 90 day ban and for the last offense they will have a permanent ban. If the player uses an alt account to bypass their punishment, they will be given an IP-Ban. If admitting on using a client or illegal modification, I do believe that they should be given a reduce to their punishment like 3 or 5 days minimum and maximum. I also believe that rules should be clarified and be categorized on the website.
they already have that chance but staff shouldn't have to unban them. I'm pretty sure they unban them if they feel the player was genuine in the appeal.

Outscale

Banned
-1 on the "unbanning cheaters" part , cause this will increase the amount of donators that are cheating , cause their donator account that has a rank that they payed for will be unbanned after 30 days after they cheat on it.
I actually think that hacking deserves higher punishment then "encouraging suicide" , hacking actually ruins the game , it makes you lose items that you grinded for and wasted your time for. What does "encouraging suicide" mean ? Do people actually care if someone says something like that on the internet , in a game? Most of the mutiplayer games are toxic , people shouldn't care if some random guy from the other side of the world says something like that to them.

Last edited:

CallMeDqrkneZz

Epic Pika
-1 on the "unbanning cheaters" part , cause this will increase the amount of donators that are cheating , cause their donator account that has a rank that they payed for will be unbanned after 30 days after they cheat on it.
I actually think that hacking deserves higher punishment then "encouraging suicide" , hacking actually ruins the game , it makes you lose items that you grinded for and wasted your time for. What does "encouraging suicide" mean ? Do people actually care if someone says something like that on the internet , in a game? Most of the mutiplayer games are toxic , people shouldn't care if some random guy in the other side of the world says something like that to them.
Agreed, unbanning cheaters will increase the amount of donators using disallowed modifications/ clients in use of their own advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.