Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Practice Practice Nick Feature

FlexingBot

Banned
IGN
FlexingBot
Username:
FlexingBot​

Suggestion:
Practice Nick Feature​

Detailed description:
All ranks in practice currently have the /nick command but it's all useless cuz when I nick, it shows a pink coloured "~" behind it and turns my ign pink too when I type in chat. This makes nicking pointless and really blatant. The fact that that people can hover over your ign and see your real name makes nicking already pretty trash, so at least update it so that the pink "~" does not come and your ign does not become pink too.
How it should be- FlexingBotAlt
How it is - ~FlexingBotAlt

Reason(s):
Removes the point of nicking.​

Example(s):
You can see as I gave in detailed description how horrible that looks and how use less it makes nicking so please change it.​

KnuckleFist_

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
KnuckleFist_
nick in minigames and nick in practice are different
in minigames it is prevent teams targetting known or ranked players so everyone has a fair chance of winning
in practivce nick is used to get "cool" names like JHON CENA or JOE MAMA as i dont think u can get targetted in pratice
so intended feature

OP
OP
FlexingBot

FlexingBot

Banned
IGN
FlexingBot
nick in minigames and nick in practice are different
in minigames it is prevent teams targetting known or ranked players so everyone has a fair chance of winning
in practivce nick is used to get "cool" names like JHON CENA or JOE MAMA as i dont think u can get targetted in pratice
so intended feature
It would make others sweat harder on you though, so I don't think it works all that much as a nick

_Rebel_

Epic Pika
Reason:
- /nick is just to get a cool name beacuse you cNt get targeted that much

_Rebel_

Epic Pika
but still, nicks are supposed to disguise you as a normal player when you have a rank.
Nicks in practice, dont do a good job at that
But you can together targeted i practice since it is a 1v1 gamemode

bowquet

Epic Pika
going to go with -1 for this. my opinions pretty neutral. I can see why players wouldn't like the ~ pink, but most gamemodes have "~" visible as a nick. Nicks in practice are simply cosmetic, they aren't supposed to 'disguise' the player as far as I know. When queuing, you already can get targeted for reaching daily lbs etc, and it doesn't hide your in-game user either. It's merely a chat cosmetic. Other gamemodes implement this 'hover over nick' as well, its not just practice.

Surbate

YouTube
Great Reporter
IGN
Surbate
I am quite late, but adding on to the other responses is that you can change the color when having gold or above by using minecraft color codes. The ~ should stay since it makes it easier to see who they actually are, which in practice isn't a problem since you can't get targeted in game anyway (as the other people said).