Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Pika on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangston

Epic Pika
Ok, before you read this, the following suggestions are a bit difficult to follow. But, success never comes the easy way ;)

#1 : Pika-Network Trailer

Don't go all ninja on me, I know there are some trailers made. But what would you rate them? Sprinting, disturbed camera,no particular order of recording, less use of proper effects and video editing, and most important, not showing the community. So if it's possible, here are a few suggestions, which I would have loved to do myself but I'm sharing it for someone out there :
-Using the F8 button. The F8 button gives you a slow camera pan, which is perfect for trailers. Go to an Ariel view, at an inclination and pan the camera left to right etc, slowly.

-A narration. Yes. All the existing trailers have those rock music, with no connection to the video. Using a soft tone, and a beautiful narration(maybe from teun ;3) will do the magic. Like, "This, is Pika-Network. Released publicly on..." and at the same time, putting the respective recording clips in the video. Like show the survival hub and then, "Survival is a great community. Trade, mine, chat with your friends." and the video shows players exchanging things, mining etc.
It's too much. I know. Why so much just for a server? Well, why not. The trailers we have don't show what we specialize in in. And we need to reflect that.

#2 A Group Stream
Some of the staff are cool with speaking, so we can use that for group streams. It will contain all the funny incidents encountered, the daily staff life, etc.
------

Ok fine. Don't start raging on me. Just suggestions. It would be really good, and who knows. If pika is one day as famous as those top class premium servers (which isn't far), we'll need a good preparation. And we want to be professional in our work right?
Thanks.

P.S. I am writing this after writing my novel, so don't judge me on being so formal XD

AlexStain :)

All these suggestions are easier said than done. Acquiring somebody to make a high quality YouTube video costs money and time, which we have - rest assured, but it's also locating somebody to do so. In my opinion if we get one active uploader to start recording on the Pika network YouTube channel, then our server will's playerbase will inflate over time, obviously not overnight but if the recorder is funny, and charismatic then sure, we'll grow.

As to your stream suggestion, I think it's a great idea providing we can find some staff members to volunteer for it. In addition to staff members, we could have a team specifically created to host fun events for the community to play in, and host them. This event would require an EVENT server, where basically a bunch of minigames would be set up, red rover, king of the hill you name it really. At the end of the day though, it comes down to the (Head-)Admins and Yoeri to decide whether said changes should be implemented. Thanks a bunch for suggesting ideas, appreciate it. :)

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Your Idea is good, but we lack the person who could do that.

I would love to make a trailer or host a stream, but my equipment doesnt't allow me, and i am not the only one.
Of course one day this things eill be done, just the matter of time.

JChan

Epic Pika
For the trailer, there's a mod that moves u around a building that you set. You would need to set the speed, the positions. It is very useful for trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.