Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Update OpSkyblock - Help us with next the update! | February the 7th 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

jul12345huy46

jvw7KBX.jpg

OpSkyblock - PikaNetwork 2022

Hello, players of PikaNetwork.

A brand new OpSkyBlock season will be happening in this month and we decided it is time again to ask you guys, the players, what you would like to see in the upcoming update. Last season we added a brand new mining world, and we are planning to expand upon that idea, so we would like to hear your thoughts on this

As always we are doing our best to keep you happy. It is very important that you, the player who plays our server, share your opinion. Within this post, the community can leave us suggestions and all your ideas for OpSkyblock, so that together we can make the best decisions.

Therefore we would like to hear from you, the community, on what we should add and improve for the reset for the OpSkyblock server!

If you're interested in helping with suggestions for changes and additions, can you use this thread to discuss anything with other people in our community that you think would be beneficial. Please also leave any bug fixes, small changes, anything at all (related to OpSkyblock) on the post, but please be descriptive when giving feedback, use details on what needs changes.

🙋 What would you like to see?
To start things off we want to ask you the question; What do you want in the next OpSkyBlock reset? There are no limits on what you can suggest! To get that creative thinking going here is a list of some new features that we have in mind.​

• Minions
    Little companions that can help you automate gathering some resources that are obtainable through the mining world.

• Soul Enchantments
    New strong enchantments that require souls to be activated. When you do not have any souls in your soul gem these enchant will not activate.

• Dungeon Crate
    A reward that you can earn from slaying those mobs within the mining world. These dungeon keys will contain some valuable loot to enhance your season grind.

✨ What should be improved?
Another important question is; what existing feature should be improved? The following features are something that we have in mind to update and/or give a quality of life update.​
  • The black-market (changes to stock? new/improved items?)
  • The mobcoins transfer shop (new items? static category?)
  • Pets (new pets? better boosts?)
With all that being said it is now your turn to leave your suggestions underneath this post.
Please note: Stick to the topic! Any off-topic/non-related to this gamemode comments will be deleted.

Please take this opportunity to let us know by replying to this message what changes you would like to see going forwards!
You can also let us know what you think of the current ideas we have and why we should add them or not.

Thanks.​
» bring back the playtime leaderboard and add a new top-experience leaderboard.

» add mobcoins as a currency in the auction house.

» add item rename in scroll class

» i agree with others that the mcMMO should add back and the /skills should be removed.
(mcmmo should be added, but not from crate keys, but from skills.)

» after we /linkaccount and boost the discord server, we should get a pink star next to our name.

» add /sethome & /home command
(why? because we wanted to be alone and have a private storage area, and we didn't want other members to touch our personal items, and allow us to set disable/enable the /sethome in /settings who can set home on our island - visitors, recruits, members, and etc.)

» add /ping command so we can see our ping whenever we turn off our featherboard

Kate33

Epic Pika
» add /sethome & /home command
(why? because we wanted to be alone and have a private storage area, and we didn't want other members to touch our personal items, and allow us to set disable/enable the /sethome in /settings who can set home on our island - visitors, recruits, members, and etc.)
good idea since this cannot be abused if visitors dont have perms to /sethome on your island

Hayllex

Pika Member
It is great that you guys are taking suggestions for the next season. I really like this format where there are quicker resets. Here are my suggestions:
  • A person can get 7 vote keys and 2 epic keys in a day (max). The difference between the items from both these crates is almost inconsequential. There is no difference in the money or xp you get (flasks of 5k or 15k) and hardly any difference in the axes or pickaxes. I think there should be enough difference that it actually matters which one of these crates we opened.
    [TL;DR: Widen the difference between vote key items and epic items]
  • Economy has the potential to mess up any season. We see this a lot in opprison and opskyblock. It is quite off putting when thee economy becomes imbalanced within a week from the start. Pvp related item should be an additional item that supports the economy and not the only factor. I do have some suggestions for the same though, I am not sure if all are feasible:
    [TL;DR: Improve and maintain the economy and tips for the same are below.]
    • Custom crop vouchers were either too rare this season (I literally didn't see them except for chorusfruit) or maybe they weren't added.I think if we add custom crop vouchers and crops which are worth substantial,there is at least a percent of the population that will take to it. It adds another source of revenue and increases the value of those vouchers and the crops too.
    • Reduce the number of vouchers for commands and to be honest they are almost worth nothing within a week or two because in-game ranks and donator ranks have half of those commands. Right now the number of vouchers available are disproportionate to the number of people who might want that. A good command that can be added would be something to transfer all the heads in /heads to mobcoins in a click. Of course, the chances of getting the same should be low since it is a Skyking level command.
    • Now this is debatable and please don't come at me for suggesting this but I think the donator kits should be reduced a bit in number. There are too many present and whoever pvp's ends up having them within a short period of time.

• If we get wider variety of mines that would be cool. Maybe some with a different mob chasing us like a ghast? Since right now we only have baby zombies with different level of health.(I know some people will start sharpening their axe after reading this) Of course it is about higher risk higher rewards!
    [ TL;DR add more /mines with different mobs]
  • This is important to me. I really think you should add something like a /warp info where all the details about the game mode can be presented to the new players.It will have all the details about /mine, commands, enchanted books and how to correct the rates of the books and I understand we have that at the spawn but there the info just really spread out and not very handy. Maybe we could add some extra info at the spawn or we can also keep a book that has all the details similar to how we get a how to claim book in survival mode if we can't make a warp. A list of all the features, ways to earn money, where to get spawners, how to check levels and skills,etc these are the questions I have answered numerous times this season because you see newbies almost begging to know the basic mechanics of opskyblock which is sad. It also makes sure newbies are not a threat to the players already present which frankly makes it convenient for veterans to exploit newcomers. Many simply quit when they can't understand things and nobody is helping them.
[TL;DR better guidance for newcomers so they are not lost and dependent on others]

Axteroid

Configurator
Developer
I'm not sure why you guys care so much about bow boosting, you're basically looking at it from one point of view, your own, and thinking you can easily get away during pvp, but I'm not sure if you realize that others can do the same thing and be quite irritating.

Hayllex

Pika Member
Buff pets and add dungeon crates
I think dungeon crates is a good idea provided---- a) You get mining world- specific things such as special pots, mob-grinding sword, speed boots,etc and b) these things are exclusive to dungeon crates.

Zolzy

Epic Pika
I'm not sure why you guys care so much about bow boosting, you're basically looking at it from one point of view, your own, and thinking you can easily get away during pvp, but I'm not sure if you realize that others can do the same thing and be quite irritating.
Kit-Pvp , Op-Faction has bow boost while should Opskyblock not

put 1.8 csb and 1.18 opsb so everyone go to play csb cuz 1.18 is boring asf :D and csb rn is dead so do that what I say and csb respawn, but opsb will die, sad
jvw7KBX.jpg

A brand new OpSkyBlock season will be happening in this month and we decided it is time again to ask you guys, the players, what you would like to see in the upcoming update. Last season we added a brand new mining world, and we are planning to expand upon that idea, so we would like to hear your thoughts on this

As always we are doing our best to keep you happy. It is very important that you, the player who plays our server, share your opinion. Within this post, the community can leave us suggestions and all your ideas for OpSkyblock, so that together we can make the best decisions.

Therefore we would like to hear from you, the community, on what we should add and improve for the reset for the OpSkyblock server!

If you're interested in helping with suggestions for changes and additions, can you use this thread to discuss anything with other people in our community that you think would be beneficial. Please also leave any bug fixes, small changes, anything at all (related to OpSkyblock) on the post, but please be descriptive when giving feedback, use details on what needs changes.

To start things off we want to ask you the question; What do you want in the next OpSkyBlock reset? There are no limits on what you can suggest! To get that creative thinking going here is a list of some new features that we have in mind.​

• Minions
    Little companions that can help you automate gathering some resources that are obtainable through the mining world.

• Soul Enchantments
    New strong enchantments that require souls to be activated. When you do not have any souls in your soul gem these enchant will not activate.

• Dungeon Crate
    A reward that you can earn from slaying those mobs within the mining world. These dungeon keys will contain some valuable loot to enhance your season grind.

Another important question is; what existing feature should be improved? The following features are something that we have in mind to update and/or give a quality of life update.​
With all that being said it is now your turn to leave your suggestions underneath this post.
Please note: Stick to the topic! Any off-topic/non-related to this gamemode comments will be deleted.

Please take this opportunity to let us know by replying to this message what changes you would like to see going forwards!
You can also let us know what you think of the current ideas we have and why we should add them or not.

Thanks.​
its more like hypixel skyblock as they have also minions. If u r thinking of adding minions then I recommend to give credits to hypixel

Kate33

Epic Pika
its more like hypixel skyblock as they have also minions. If u r thinking of adding minions then I recommend to give credits to hypixel
Hypixel Skyblock is totally different to OPSkyblock on Pika and there's a very huge difference and thus I don't think Hypixel's game elements will be implemented anyways.

Kate33

Epic Pika
Minions
Minions is a popular game element on some other servers but to me it doesn't make any sense to add Minions to OPSkyblock. The economy and game dynamics of OPSkyblock are very different to the servers that have implemented minions. This to me would be the same as custom crops on OPSkyblock which are absolutely useless.

I think not adding minions at all would be the right way to go cause it's simply unnecessary and will end up being under-utilised.
If it gets implemented in OPSkyblock it would be the same as forcefully adding custom crops just to bring a new element in the game even though it doesn't make sense.

IMO, OPSkyblock is such a popular gamemode due to the core game dynamics and messing with it unnecessarily would not benefit in any way, thats just my opinion and my personal thinking based on what I imagine minions would be like if they were added. I believe minions would be more popular and would fit better in a gamemode like classic skyblock compared to OPSkyblock.

Divyansh1011

jvw7KBX.jpg

• Minions

• Soul Enchantments

• Dungeon Crate

Thanks.​
minions will take opskyblock to next level so i think minions will be great

Zolzy

Epic Pika
Kitpvp and opfaction its main is pvp but opskyblock is for is top competetion and that stuff
still bow boosting is a part of the game if yall dont care ab pvp why do u have a problem with it

KnuterSZ

jvw7KBX.jpg

• Minions

• Soul Enchantments

• Dungeon Crate

Thanks.​
We need that crate surely. It's propably the best option and I think the money prizes on any crate should be over 600m. We should totally have the pets able to buy for money . But u have to have a certain rank if u want to buy it. We should also have more grinding books and more currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.