Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Minigames Map Issues

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Minecraft Username:
Lt_Hammerman​

Suggestion:
Map Issues​

Detailed description:
Hello,

The new BedWars and SkyWars updates brought some new maps into the game. However, those maps have quite some issues. I will address all of them and propose some solutions in this thread.

SkyWars

Jungle
This map is too big in general and there is too much void in between the islands. SkyWars maps need to be 2 to 3 times smaller than the current Jungle map, and the amount of bridging required should be very small. The bridging distances should be reduced to 5-6 blocks of void in between everything and the island in between the middle and the island in between starter islands should be completely removed while the middle should be brought closer to the starter islands. All islands should be around 2 times smaller except for the middle. Also, remove a lot of trees because people camp there.

Mines
This map is very good in general and does not require many changes. The only thing I would suggest removing is the rocks in between the middle and the island in between starter islands and making the middle closer to the starter islands.

Lighthouse
This map faces similar issues as the Jungle map. Way too much bridging is required in between islands, and there is one completely unnecessary island in between planes and the middle. Make mid closer to starter islands by removing the unnecessary islands and make planes 2-3x larger and easier to fight on. Also, reduce the amount of bridging required in between all islands. To compensate for the lost islands, add more mid chests.

Rebirch
This is a perfect map, no changes are needed.

Sealife
This is probably the worst map added in this update. I would suggest completely removing it or remaking it entirely so it's similar to Mines or Rebirch, because, currently, it is barely playable considering the amount of void there is. The design of fish islands is bad for gameplay as it is too easy to get knocked off. Remove fishes, make turtles be in the fishes' places, and drastically reduce the amount of void in between all islands. Make mid much larger so it is not easy to get knocked off.

BedWars

Gas Station
It is too big of a map and it is too hard to navigate around it. Make it so it has 32 rushes from one island to the other and make mid easier to get around to collect emeralds. Right now the map is big and confusing.

Tower
Should be completely removed (best solution) or completely redesigned. It has too many places where severe fall damage can be taken which just makes the map extremely painful to play. The heights should be adjusted so they are the same on all islands and the amount of bridging required reduced to 32-48 rushes everywhere.

Olympus
It needs to be redesigned. It has huge gaps between islands and way too much void between islands and middle. The middle should be much closer to the islands so 32 blocks are enough to get from an island to the middle, and rushes between islands should be 32-48 blocks.

Bone Dry
Very good map, no changes are needed.

Templar
It is a very good map. I would only suggest making the middle a bit closer to the islands, but that is it.​

Reason(s):
Changing and improving the newly added maps will improve the Minigames players' experience a lot. Both new SkyWars and BedWars maps are now hard for grinding and quality playing. Implementing this suggestion would change that in a positive way and would improve both BedWars and SkyWars drastically.​

FintanFire

Pika Lover
+1 I hate the new Skywars maps, although they are good aesthetic wise.

DreamyXero

Ultimate Legendary Pika
I don't play bw that much but +1 cause why the (swear word) not?

Man reacts dumb so you clearly cant get good. Cant take critisism, why are you even staff?

The suggestion is to improve the map
It has nothing to do with skills
Maps have their uniqueness and you like it after a bit or you hate it after a bit, its barely been a month and this mf already has issues. Its kinda like school, you go on the first day u hate it, you get friends a little later then you like it, you get bullied you hate it again.

Also making maps "better" is a lot of work, replacing signs, getting the right placements with the things you have said, also im pretty sure not a soul even read this whole thread. Most went haha staff good suggestion, Lt Hammerman my King and upvoted.

Also my vote is for bedwars only. cba about skywars maps

DARKdevil_94

Pika Member
actually i good suggestion i was going to suggest but for few maps like gas station it should not be redesigned as it s perfect for rushers and ppl can rly get oby easly but still
+1

Outscale

Banned
Sorry, but I like the maps as they are so I will have to downvote this suggestion. I also played 5 games of SkyWars/BedWars in my time on this beautiful server(with a great Manager) so I don't really care about these changes.

TheDynamicGamer

The Pika
Minecraft Username:
Lt_Hammerman

Suggestion:
Map Issues

Detailed description:
Hello,

The new BedWars and SkyWars updates brought some new maps into the game. However, those maps have quite some issues. I will address all of them and propose some solutions in this thread.

SkyWars

Jungle

This map is too big in general and there is too much void in between the islands. SkyWars maps need to be 2 to 3 times smaller than the current Jungle map, and the amount of bridging required should be very small. The bridging distances should be reduced to 5-6 blocks of void in between everything and the island in between the middle and the island in between starter islands should be completely removed while the middle should be brought closer to the starter islands. All islands should be around 2 times smaller except for the middle. Also, remove a lot of trees because people camp there.

Mines

This map is very good in general and does not require many changes. The only thing I would suggest removing is the rocks in between the middle and the island in between starter islands and making the middle closer to the starter islands.

Lighthouse

This map faces similar issues as the Jungle map. Way too much bridging is required in between islands, and there is one completely unnecessary island in between planes and the middle. Make mid closer to starter islands by removing the unnecessary islands and make planes 2-3x larger and easier to fight on. Also, reduce the amount of bridging required in between all islands. To compensate for the lost islands, add more mid chests.

Rebirch

Sealife

This is probably the worst map added in this update. I would suggest completely removing it or remaking it entirely so it's similar to Mines or Rebirch, because, currently, it is barely playable considering the amount of void there is. The design of fish islands is bad for gameplay as it is too easy to get knocked off. Remove fishes, make turtles be in the fishes' places, and drastically reduce the amount of void in between all islands. Make mid much larger so it is not easy to get knocked off.

BedWars

Gas Station

It is too big of a map and it is too hard to navigate around it. Make it so it has 32 rushes from one island to the other and make mid easier to get around to collect emeralds. Right now the map is big and confusing.

Tower

Should be completely removed (best solution) or completely redesigned. It has too many places where severe fall damage can be taken which just makes the map extremely painful to play. The heights should be adjusted so they are the same on all islands and the amount of bridging required reduced to 32-48 rushes everywhere.

Olympus

It needs to be redesigned. It has huge gaps between islands and way too much void between islands and middle. The middle should be much closer to the islands so 32 blocks are enough to get from an island to the middle, and rushes between islands should be 32-48 blocks.

Bone Dry

Templar

It is a very good map. I would only suggest making the middle a bit closer to the islands, but that is it.

Reason(s):
Changing and improving the newly added maps will improve the Minigames players' experience a lot. Both new SkyWars and BedWars maps are now hard for grinding and quality playing. Implementing this suggestion would change that in a positive way and would improve both BedWars and SkyWars drastically.
Neutral

Idk can't give any vote because gas station, and tower and fine and no need to be fixed. I'm +1 with some things and -1 with some stuff so neutral. Hopefully no hammerman Stan gonna kill me :/

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
This suggestion is aimed on "How to improve the maps" but not "Should we improve the maps"

If you say -1, basically you are saying that you disagree with the improvement that LT suggested, but not disagree with the change of the maps.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Maps have their uniqueness and you like it after a bit or you hate it after a bit, its barely been a month and this mf already has issues. Its kinda like school, you go on the first day u hate it, you get friends a little later then you like it, you get bullied you hate it again.

Also making maps "better" is a lot of work, replacing signs, getting the right placements with the things you have said, also im pretty sure not a soul even read this whole thread. Most went haha staff good suggestion, Lt Hammerman my King and upvoted.

Also my vote is for bedwars only. cba about skywars maps
If the works we do can satisfy most of the player, then it is alright to waste that bit of time.

snipermine

Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username:
Lt_Hammerman

Suggestion:
Map Issues

Detailed description:
Hello,

SkyWars

Jungle

Mines

Lighthouse

Rebirch

Sealife

BedWars

Gas Station

Tower

Olympus

Bone Dry

Templar

It is a very good map. I would only suggest making the middle a bit closer to the islands, but that is it.

Reason(s):
Changing and improving the newly added maps will improve the Minigames players' experience a lot. Both new SkyWars and BedWars maps are now hard for grinding and quality playing. Implementing this suggestion would change that in a positive way and would improve both BedWars and SkyWars drastically.
+1 . . . . .

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
Hey Lt_Hammerman,
Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is accepted and it is going to be implemented very soon!​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!